Affliction Warlock 30/8/2016

Hey Guys and Girls,
this is my affliction macro i have been using and been getting some good numbers while leveling.
I have my keypress set on 75ms and the only real talents you need are Phantom Singularity to help with the reap souls. it will Auto dot targets when switching and then refresh dots as the rotation continues.

Talent Setup
Level 15 - Writhe in Agony or Haunt it doesn’t matter (i use write in Agony)
level 30 - Absolute Corruption
level 45 - Demon Skin
level 60 - Siphon Life
level 75 - Doesn’t Matter (i use Burning Rush or Dark Pact)
level 90 - Grimoire of Supremacy or Grimoire of Sacrifice ( i use supremacy cos i like the infernals Aoe)
level 100 - Phantom Singularity

Playstyle
What i normally do is i target mob let it cast Agony,Corruption,Siphon Life then tab/select the next target and just keep pulling mobs like that pet will grab agro. When i have enought the last mob i have selected i let it do its rotation 4x Unstable Affliction stacks will happen.

Aoe - i’ll seed of corruption the highest hp mob then apply the dots to pop it burst that down the tab target most things die before i can get a full round in.

Enjoy,

Sequences['Koha_affliction'] = {
author="Koha",
specID=265,
version=2,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 3 or 2 1 1 any 1 or 3 2",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack [@target,harm,exists]
/castsequence  reset=target  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, null
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction",
"/cast [nochanneling] Haunt",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity, Reap Souls",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat  Agony, Siphon Life, Drain Life, Drain Life, Life Tap",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

Hey, I want try out the macro but the talents are kinda hard to make out. What did you take for tier 2?

i take absolute Corruption

My new favorite Affliction macro!

I find that it will not show too tip ? anyone else has that problem ?

i make a new macro and type in

#showtooltip
/click DB_AFF4

and if i leave out the tooltip it will now and agine show a blank spot instead of the real spell

it will cycle trough the spells just fine … but no tooltip

i want to say this macro rocks i was getting frustrated with my lock you made it eazyer for me ty so much for your time and work

well i want to update now being using for a week now

i would nominate this for hi performance no lockups and really good spec for good dps and affliction

is this for GS-E cos its not working :frowning:

I solved it its working. But somehow it looks lockedup i dunno why.

then it’s not working

Work like charm. Thank ya for sharing m8 ! Any one may try to adjust keypress delay. I set mine G13 at 100 ms, and I got a little more dps.

i deleted it sorry :slight_smile: i got it now. Its working great. thanks

Any updates for this macro

[quote quote=35084]Any updates for this macro
[/quote]At this point, I think this is the best Affliction can get for a macro.
I’ve been trying out Demonology since it’s #1 in raids at the moment.

Hey new here, just one question i am kinda new to macros and when i copied your macro into wow, then drag the macro to the bar my character just end up saying the text. What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks

@Koha

check spaces

@ Martin Aronsson

Hi. Any updates for this macro ? Cos it really locked up i dunno why. If i choose Tier 3, need to change drain soul instead of drain life. And there is haunt in this macro. If i select T1 1 again locked. If someone fixed it, could you please share your macro.

Thx

You could always just change anything that says drain life to drain soul when you are copy and pasting.

Its locking up because of the drain soul part of things, like it says in the first post use either Writhe in Agony or Haunt. if you want to use drain soul use this.

author="Koha",
specID=265,
version=2,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 3 or 2 1 1 any 1 or 3 2",
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Haunt",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity, Reap Souls",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat  Agony, Siphon Life, Drain Soul, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

This is what I did to make the macro more flexible. Allows for the entire first tier to be swapped when needed and will only use each line of code, if the proper talent is selected. Otherwise, it will bypass the line and move on through the macro.

Talents I recommended based off of Icy-veins:
Raiding (1-2 mobs): 2,1,1,1,2/3,2/3,1
“” (3+ mobs): 2/3,2,1,2,2/3,2/3,2
WQ/Questing/Leveling: 3,2,1,1,2/3,1/2/3,2/3

Haunt is not recommended by Icy-veins, but I left it in this macro (with a talent conditional) just in case some of you would rather it over the others for whatever case.

author="Koha",
specID=265,
version=2,
source = "Local",
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/cast [nochanneling, Talent:1/1] Haunt",
"/castsequence [nochanneling, Talent:7/2] Phantom Singularity, Reap Souls",
"/castsequence [nochanneling, Talent:1/1] reset=combat  Agony, Siphon Life, Drain Life, Drain Life, Life Tap",
"/castsequence [nochanneling, Talent:1/2] reset=combat  Agony, Siphon Life, Drain Life, Drain Life, Life Tap",
"/castsequence [nochanneling, Talent:1/3] reset=combat  Agony, Siphon Life, Drain Soul, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

If you were wondering why I had specified the talent condition for the “Phantom Singularity” line, it is because I wanted this line to only be used if I was talented for it. Otherwise, I could talent for Soul Effigy (for raiding) and have the line previously mentioned bypassed.

Here are some macros that I made in-game through the Blizz /macro menu for Soul Effigy (These are on different hotkeys):

#showtooltip Soul Effigy
/stopcasting
/cast Soul Effigy
/targetlasttarget

The above macro will cast Soul Effigy and then target the last mob you had targeted automatically.

#showtooltip Soul Effigy
/target Soul Effigy
/focus target
/castsequence reset=2 Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction;
/targetlasttarget

This last macro will DoT up your Soul Effigy and then target your last target automatically.

As far as I can tell, I agree with Icy-veins on using Soul Effigy for raiding, if you don’t need to move a lot. This feels like it could get tedious having to move, recast Soul Effigy, and then re-DoT it. For high movement fights or questing, I recommend Phantom Singularity since it is passive and boosts dps a good amount.

im having trouble getting any of the macros posted in this thread to show up in game. i have /console reloadui multiple time to no avail. any help would be greatly appreciated:D

i ahve them loaded into MyMacros folder.

Really like this macro. Great job. Hope you haven’t forgotten about it.