An one button fit all

I am disabled with Cerebral Palsy and try to keep my keys at a minimum. So GS is a god’s sent, as a programmer GS serves as a toy too. So this a macro I came up with for PvE and PvP.

Sequences['MacroName'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Rod Stenberg - Urprey, Garrash",
helpTxt = "One Button - Talent: 3111323",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/cast [nopet,nodead]Call Pet 1;[@pet,dead]Heart of the Phoenix
/petattack [@target,harm]
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
]],
    '/cast [combat][nochanneling] Bestial Wrath',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Barrage',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Cobra Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Dire Beast',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Kill Command',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/cast [combat]Blood Fury
/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild
/cast Mend Pet
/cast [nochanneling] Kill Shot
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Would you guys try it and let me know how is it?

Love your setup, I used it as a launching point for my own. Here’s what I wound up with.

Sequences['BMSingle'] = {
specID = 253,
helpTxt = "One Button - Talent: 3112111",
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
	'/cast [@pet,dead]Revive Pet',
	'/cast [@pet,nogroup]Misdirection',
	'/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Stampede',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Cobra Shot',

PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/cast [combat]Blood Fury
/cast Mend Pet
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences['BMAOE'] = {
specID = 253,
helpTxt = "AOE - Talent: 3112111",
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
	'/cast [@pet,dead]Revive Pet',
	'/cast [@pet,nogroup]Misdirection',
	'/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Stampede',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot',

PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/cast [combat]Blood Fury
/cast Mend Pet
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I have a slightly different talent spec, so modified a couple of moves to match.
I also added a revive pet option if Phoenix is on cooldown or you happen to be soloing with a tank spec pet.
I moved Kill Command to the top, because it was frequently casting Cobra instead of Kill and losing DPS there. With the priority list and Kill at the top it virtually always hammers Kill Command on cooldown now.
I loved the Group taunt on/off feature, and used that to add a non-group auto misdirect to pet line.

It looks like you have some hangers-on from old patches, I don’t see Kill Shot or Arcane Shot being options any more, removed them for clarity.

AOE script is identical to single target with Multi subbed in for Cobra.

So question - why no Chimera Shot - to replenish focus faster? With this set up my Cobra shot is going off too early and i’m not regenerating focus to keep it up closer to the 90% mark for Chimera…

The reason that guides recommend focus be kept around 90 before using Cobra is to ensure you always have enough focus for Kill Command when it comes off CD.

Due to Kill Command having a lower focus cost and a higher priority than Cobra Shot, Kill Command should be placed before Cobra Shot in Rod’s original macro. There’s also a few elements that are outdated still within the macro such as Arcane Shot and Kill Shot (BM no longer has those two abilities).

I was gone over year, I tried SWToR. I re-arraged my rotation and thanks guys.

I am copying and pasting this into my sequences file, but when i create the macro ingame the macro is blank. What am i doing wrong?

[quote quote=32360]I am copying and pasting this into my sequences file, but when i create the macro ingame the macro is blank. What am i doing wrong?
[/quote]

Are you remembering to have the local Sequences = GSMasterSequences at the top of the sequences file? Just a common mistake to miss when adding macros. I know, I do it a lot! lol

David, how would I add when in a group to cast misdirect on the tank to both of your macros?

[quote quote=33098]David, how would I add when in a group to cast misdirect on the tank to both of your macros?
[/quote]

/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection

This will misdirect to your pet unless you have a focus target set and its alive.

[quote quote=33380]

David, how would I add when in a group to cast misdirect on the tank to both of your macros?

/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection This will misdirect to your pet unless you have a focus target set and its alive. [/quote]

Would I replace this line with what you wrote?

“/cast [@pet,nogroup]Misdirection”

I made some tweaks. Aspect of the Wild is most effectively used right after Bestial Wrath. The cooldown for AotW is longer than BW, so this casts BW then tries to cast aspect. If it’s not ready yet, it goes back to trying to cast BW.

If you find yourself focus starved, I would try removing one of the Cobra Shots. I took out targeting because it was just pulling too much.

I also found mend pet was a waste in dungeons, and I don’t have the artifact weapon power yet so I’ve not included it. To me though, it looks like it will be most effective after casting dire beast, since it impacts them as well. So I’ll probably change that to a cast sequence and do the same thing I did with bestial wrath.

Sequences['BradsBMSingle'] = {
author="Katherine@Thorium Brotherhood",
specID=253,
version=12,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 3112111",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
"/cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet",
"/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
"/castsequence [combat][nochanneling] reset=1  Bestial Wrath, Aspect of the Wild",
"/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows",
"/cast [nochanneling] Dire Beast",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [nogroup] Mend Pet
]],
}
Sequences['BmMulti'] = {
author="Katherine@Thorium Brotherhood",
specID=253,
version=7,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 3112111",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Multi-Shot, Multi-Shot, Kill Command",
"/cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet",
"/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
"/castsequence [combat][nochanneling] reset=1  Bestial Wrath, Aspect of the Wild",
"/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows",
"/cast [nochanneling] Dire Beast",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [nogroup] Mend Pet
]],
}
The cooldown for AotW is longer than BW, so this casts BW then tries to cast aspect. If it’s not ready yet, it goes back to trying to cast BW
If you mean this line "/castsequence [combat][nochanneling] reset=10 Bestial Wrath, Aspect of the Wild", This doesnt do that. The reset= line will only come into effect if you don't use the macro at all for 15 seconds, IE you dont hit the button at all for 15 seconds. This wont cast Bestial Wrath till after you have successfully cast AotW as the reset is dumped as soon as your macro moves to the Murder of Crows line.

I have tested it, and it seems to be working exactly how I described. Even if I continuously spam the macro, it casts bestial wrath 2-3 times before it casts aspect… exactly what I would expect. I used 10 as the reset at first because I didn’t think it mattered, but I wanted to prove it was working so I tried different values. Without the reset command there at all, it works how you describe. It only casts Bestial Wrath a second time if it casts Aspect. With reset=10 It was working… but it looks like it can get hitched up in long fights. So I changed it to reset=1 to see what would happen. That actually works a lot better. It’s behaving exactly as I described 100% reliably now. I am in an area with a couple rares, so I tested it on both and saw it working every time. Further, I can see that when AotW is off cooldown and bestial wrath isn’t… AotW doesn’t get cast. Meaning the sequence must have been reset and it’s attempting to cast bestial wrath. Anyhow, I’m gonna edit my macro above to say reset=1, but I’m confident this is working as intended.

This outperforms the “High performance” macro we1l done

@brad it sounds like reset is working exactly as intended. On long fights you rarely neglect to press the button for 10 seconds, but often enough you stop pressing it for 1 second (to move etc)

The reset=% can also be set to fractions of seconds (eg. reset=0.1) which should likely make it perform even closer to how you are wanting it. Because AotW is off the GCD, it should always fire both when it can, but with an ultra-short reset it should always fall back to BW if AotW wasn’t available that cycle.

You are certainly losing DPS by forcing 2 cobra shots between each Kill Command. CS is the “filler of last resort” and should only be cast if you are about to cap focus and nothing else is available, while KC is the exact opposite, the #1 priority you should cast each time it procs to the exclusion of everything else. So you’re often skipping your highest priority move to cast your lowest priority one… twice.

Maybe David. I know, in theory, that you don’t want to use cobra shot at the expense of other abilities. Since I can’t do that in a macro, the best I can do is come up with some sort of ratio of kill command to cobra shot. But I don’t want to lose sight of the bigger picture, which is DPS.

So I tested a few different things… and found with two Cobra Shots I was doing the most DPS. Before I comment further I want to do some more testing though.

lvl 103, ilvl 719, talents 3112111

KC, CS, CS = 44k
KC, CS = 41k
Separate lines entirely = 40k
No kill command at all = 43k

Didn’t test these for long, but the differences seemed obvious to me. The numbers stabilized quickly, except the last test. I found that for short fights, it was actually better to just spam cobra shot. The fight would end really fast and the DPS would be much higher since I wouldn’t get focus starved, it was as high as 50k. But then I tried it on a longer fight and it quickly stabilized at 43k. I would argue that may actually be better in some ways… barely a loss during long fights, and a huge gain for short fights. But I think I’ll stick with KC, CS, CS. For the “separate lines entirely” test I put cobra shot at the bottom. I tried changing that to a priority list rotation… but that damage was terrible… not even worth it.

I think YMMV is key here though. I could see a 1:1 ratio potentially working better with enough haste, for example. So I think if you really want to maximize you are going to need to customize that line and see what works best for your gear.

This macro, for me, only cast Kill Command once and I couldn’t even throw it out manually…

[quote quote=33494]This macro, for me, only cast Kill Command once and I couldn’t even throw it out manually……
[/quote]

Several macros were posted in this thread. Which one do you mean? What do you mean by once? Once ever? Once per fight? What do you mean by throw it out?

Sorry, I didn’t explain enough. I was writing about the Macros BradsBMSingle and BmMulti. They only cast Kill Command once for every fight, and “throw it out” basically means when I clicked manually on the my Kill Command button, nothing happened.