Forums Forums Hunter Archive Patch 5.0+ Beast Mastery – 5.1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    High Warlord
    (Admin)

Thanks to all for providing some macros and Matthew Williams for his version that I tweaked. Let us know how it works for you guys or if you can make it even better post it here.

This is an Extended Macro ← Click for more info

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Lynx Rush
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Dire Beast
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Glaive Toss
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Command
    /castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
    /cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
    /cast [combat] Rapid Fire
    /use [combat] 13
    /use [combat] 14
    /startattack

You can add your racial ability in between Bestial Wrath line and the Rapid Fire line.

UPDATED December 28, 2012: Arcane sequence changed to reset=5, was blocking Kill Shot to fire off.

michaeljackson
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

Macro removed due to inefficiency.

Second best is not good enough!

Anonymous
    Scout

Thanks MJ, I was using Louis’s Macro and it was working like a champ till tonight when i logged. Would not cast stampede or focus fire. Rapid fire was iffy.

RIP Lynx Rush and Good Riddins Aspect of the Fox

David
    Scout

Most of these appear to be broken now after the 5.1 patch. Blizzard appear to have changed the mechanics again, I think. Michaels macro now locks up big time but am not sure which spell is the culprit yet. Is there an addon that tells you what spell you are casting in realtime?

corpor8chic
    Grunt

OMG I’m so thankful for your post MJ…I tried all the macros too…the only way i could get lynx rush to work was in cast sequence which was odd…ty again so so much!

Darkshroud
    Scout

Is there an addon that tells you what spell you are casting in realtime?

I’ve been on the hunt for exactly this for literally years, but the closest I’ve seen is Forte, which comes frankly nowhere close. What we need is something like a line by line compiler that either highlights or reports what parameter of what function is being handled in real time and lists both all I/O traffic, and all variable changes.

SOMEONE MAKE THAT I BEG OF YOU  x(

Anonymous
    Scout

My hunter is 89.5 hope you macro gods find a ultimate solution.  Even my frost mage macro does not seem to be responding like it used to. Shakes Fist at Blizzard.

michaeljackson
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

Ok guys I raided with my above macro the other day and there are some small problems with it, I think it’s the reset=5 so maybe there should be no reset at all. For example the aoe macro I put Dire Beast at the beginning of it now if you happen to not use the macro for 5 seconds and Dire Beast is on CD then it will start the sequence afresh and lock up due to DB being on CD. Also withing that time if you are out of focus then you will have to wait for focus to continue.

Any tinkering with it is welcome but the main timing is all there for you guys to play with. Ie Dire Beast can be placed at the end of the aoe macro. Trouble with that is if it’s a short aoe then DB won’t be used at all hence a dps loss. Having said that this is for raiding and most aoe situations last for a long time.

Edit @David Make sure David all your CD spells are hot barred so you can see if a certain spell is on CD – I keep all my CD abilities on the bar above the main bar near the macro buttons 2 and 4, I have Kill Shot on 3 for ease of access to both the single target and aoe macros. Oh and by the way I was in the top 5 dps doing HoF using my above macros so not broken at all maybe you have a bad spacing somewhere or something was on CD.

Second best is not good enough!

David
    Scout

Thanks, Michael. I will look at this again. I am still only 88 (almost 89 lol), so I removed the Glaive Toss which could be messing the timing up.

When I am using these macros I do get the low pitched (echoey) “cymbal sound”, not quite sure what this means.

I take it you guys are mashing the key(s) rapidly or are you waiting for the cast bar to get towards the end? I know on the last expansion (Cata), when I was using Squinky’s macro’s on my shadowpriest, I got huge dps by spamming the button.

David
    Scout

I have been trying and trying but these macros do not work any more for me. I have been reading on various forums and I am not alone. Since the 5.1 patch, it appears Blizzard has now implemented something that has broken these repetative key, multi-spell macros. Here is just one thread I found :-

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199032594

I hope something is resolved soon. The only reason I use these macros is that I have a disability which impairs my hand-eye co-ordination. When I have to push a lot of buttons, I have to look at the keyboard, otherwise I miss or hit the wrong buttons. Not only that, I miss what is actually happening on the screen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 100 total)

The forum ‘Archive Patch 5.0+’ is closed to new topics and replies.