BM Macros and Help (Part 2)

First, my apologies for anyone I didn’t get to on the previous thread. I really want to get to everyone, but this has proved more difficult than I anticipated.

I have learned that it simply isn’t all that practical to offer individual help on a forum thread. However, I still intend to answer questions and post updated macros on an ongoing basis.

However, for individual help I would like to offer the following options:

1 - Friend me in game. When I am on and you are on and have time, contact me. We can group up, head over to the lodge and I would be happy to provide whatever help I can.

2 - Friend me on Discord. DM me on Discord. I just figured out how this part of Discord works (I feel stupid, lol). I can offer personalized help in a text-based and/or voice-base mode. This makes it so much easier.

3 - A combination of the two. The last few people that I hooked up with in game and on Discord have been very successful. I can provide specific help, or maybe some explanations about the various solutions. ANd I have made a few friends, which is always fantastic!

Gween

My information:

Battlenet: Gween#1507
Discord: Gween#1378

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/gweenn <–My main
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/gwene <—Alt #1
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Neewg <—Alt #2

sent you a battletag request…

hi gween listen i’m using a good macro, i odps is average 1-1.2 milion idi dps fixed on boss.testato on the new antidroid raid complete.unico my problem is to set the macro with absolute priority frenzy talent.la mia macro uses it but not as a fixed priority, I always try the 2 priorities at 100% frenzy and kill command. could you suggest me how to set it?

I’m sorry, I really don’t understand what you are asking me.

Gween

I’m asking to have the spell active as a fixed priority at 100% I’ll explain better OK:
I use the spec frenzy my stats are:
Mastery 107%
Haste25%
Critical 20%

To do so much DPS the build requires always use the spell frenzy as much as possible and succeed in having 3 stacks.
Every macro here in the forum however does an ordinary sequence and having the 3 active spells IE kill command Cobra shot and say frenzy sometimes happens that uses Cobra shot.
I would like to say frenzy is the spell that always activates first with priority even if I can use the other as I do?

I think I understand what you are asking for. I added a line to prioritize Dire Frenzy more…

I should mention that this macro doesn’t include A Murder of Crows, as I think Volley is superior. Easy enough to add though.

Sequences['NoModsBM'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Gweenn@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3131132",
  Help = [[Talents - 3131132]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=0.5  Dire Beast, Titan's Thunder",
        "/castsequence  reset=0.5  Dire Beast, Titan's Thunder",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

So, I just tried this out, and theres a lot of times where Cobra Shot is not used. Kill Comman, Dire Beast, Beastial Wrath will all be on 5 second CD with focus being over 80, some times even capped, and it won’t cast Cobra Shot

This is intentional and by design.

Cobra Shot is a focus dump. By this I mean it has no cool-down and by having Cobra Shot cast whenever it is available means that it would strip away all of the focus needed for other abilities. While it isn’t desirable to sit at max focus for very long, it is even worse to go into a Bestial Wrath burst phase with 0 focus because we dumped it all on a few extra Cobra Shots.

Macros cannot use abilities based on ‘if-then’ conditions. We can’t say ‘If Focus > 80 then /cast Cobra Shot’. So a macro has to make some compromises and attempt to balance focus use and abilities to create the best overall DPS possible.

So, while the highest overall DPS possible over a lengthy fight is the goal, there can be discussion and disagreement about the best way to achieve this. I personally use Killer Cobra instead of Aspect of the Beast. So, in my macro, I want to ensure that during the Bestial Wrath burst phase that the likelihood of having sufficient focus available to cast as many ‘Kill Command/Cobra Shot’ rotations as possible.

I would love to be able to conditionally add in some extra Cobra Shots but, IMHO, this just isn’t practical without losing overall DPS.

On the other hand. There is absolutely NOTHING stopping you from helping the macro. Feel free to manually those extra Cobra Shots when you can. When Bestial Wrath goes off and Kill Command is on cool-down, you SHOULD fire off a Cobra Shot to get that rotation started sooner. You don’t have to do this, but with a little bit of help, you can increase your DPS that much more.

Gween

What he is asking cant be done anymore when they took out the ! command
ALTHOUGH you might put on keypress ( make another macro with only the spell you want up 100 percent of the time and use the /click (whatevermacronameitis)

Hello gwen, are you in the Hunterdiscord, so i can add you there? It is not possible to add you in bnet without an American Account…

I am Gween#1378 on discord. You can friend me there.

Gween

Hey Gwen!
Thank u for the macros :slight_smile: they have been helping me alot! My question to you is:
How do i do to use AoE? because when i click on ctrl like u say it don´t working for me bars just change to anouter actionbar and then i lose dps because i need to change it back to the first bar if u understand what i mean?
Best regards Treessen

There are a few reasons why using a modifer (CTRL in this case) does not work.

1 - Depending on where you place the macro on the hotbar, CTRL+that hotbar default key = some other command. For example, let’s say you put the macro on the hotbar button activated by pressing the 1 key. Pressing CTRL-1 has a default key binding that activates Pet Action Button 1.

So instead if pressing hte macro button, it presses some completely different button. In you case, it sounds like you are activating the macro with some button (or mousewheel) where CTRL plus that button (or mousewheel) invokes a hotbar change. By default, SHIFT-Mouse Wheel Up invokes “Previous Action Bar” and SHIFT-Mouse Wheel Down invokes "Nest Action Bar. Similarly, SHIFT-2 invokes a change to “action Bar 2” by default.

So figure out what action invokes the macro, and look in the key bindings to see if CTRL, ALT or SHIFT invoke some different function by default.

2 - Certain key spamming utilities ignore the modifier keys. AHK (Auto Hot Key) and Punchkey run a script which repeats a key or multiple keys. This allows use to press a key to spam WOW with a series of button presses instead you you having to give yourself Carpel Tunnel Syndrome by rapidly spamming the key normally. Unfortunately, they may not accept a change in the command sent to the game if you press CTRL, ALT or SHIFT. Typically in such a case, the modifiers simply don’t work. Since you get a change in hotbars, this is not likely to be your issue.

3 - Other. Without more information, I am not sure how to help you. Such problems are usually fairly easy to fix.

I personally put my macro on the ‘-’ key (instead of one of the numbers). This avoids the issue pre-set default key bindings. Resolving issues with the various software utilities that spam key presses is somewhat outside of my expertise. I know of those utilities and I know how they work. I used to use AHK, but I haven’t used such a utility in a long time.

Gween

I should have also mentioned above…

Another solution is to not use modifiers. You can use one macro for the main macro and a different macro (and key assignment) for an AOE macro.

I personally love the flexibility with using modifiers, but I have macros available with modifiers and without modifiers to cover both situations.

Gween