Boomkin 5.4?

Does anyone have a good macro or two for a boomkin in 5.4?

I am currently using two that i found on this site for 5.3 but my dps is very crappy.

when in solar:

#showtooltip Wrath
/cast [noform] !Moonkin Form
/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Starsurge
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Celestial Alignment
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Starfall
/castsequence reset=target/4 Moonfire,Sunfire,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath
/cast Incarnation

When in lunar:

#showtooltip Starfire
/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target/4 Moonfire,Sunfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire
/cast Incarnation

any ides on how to make it better or maybe any suggestions of what i might not have right?

I am setting at ILVL 494 with 20% crit. pushing 45k-55k.
with all cool-downs an pocks on the start i can hit 70k-73k, but only for a few seconds.

I have around a 532 ilvl on my druid and im pushing around 180k dps with around 150k sustained with the same macro’s. I believe with boomies it’s gear dependent like several other class/specs

ok. thanx ray

Ray what talents are you using? with 512 ilvl i can still only manage 80k with 55k sustained.

[quote quote=10851]Ray what talents are you using? with 512 ilvl i can still only manage 80k with 55k sustained.[/quote] well I forgot to edit the above post. I’m able to do the above dps on the lvl 85 and 90 dummies so I apologize for that part. On the raiding test dummies i avg’d around 110k dps and spike at 130k dps. I was trying to take some screenshots, but, some hunters and ranged dps were perched on the roof of the shrine so I had a bit of difficulty lol.

I’m currently sitting at 536 ilvl with the talents Displacer Beast, Renewal, Typhoon, Force of Nature, Ursol’s Vortex, and Dream of Cenarius. I’m not hit capped atm (duh me) but im stacking alot of haste.

If i may ask, are you button mashing or have a gaming keyboard? sometimes that can make a difference

i am just finger spamming it ray. my dps is the same in lfr or dummy. sometimes if i get lucky and lust and all cool down at the start i can hit 110k - 130k for a few sec. then it bottoms out at aroud 40 - 55k for the rest of the fight. also i have done all my reforging, gems and enchats off of ask mr robot.

that could be the case. I used to just machine gun the key until i either broke the key or my finger couldn’t take the punishment anymore lol. with a any gaming keyboard you can set it up where you just hold it down and it spams the macro for you and you can set the macro and set up the macro key to spam the macro at around 20ms for the highend keyboards. this makes the abilities fire off much faster increasing your dps a bit. I tried the normal finger button mashing against my keyboard macro (I don’t have razer/logitech money so i have a cheap $30 keyboard) last night after taking the kids trick or treating and I noticed a huge difference in dps. If you really don’t want to invest in a keyboard, there is a program that’ll work as good as a gaming keyboard. I believe Michael Jackson wrote a post on it on here. you just may have to fish around for it :smiley:

What about a macro for your buffs and trinkets do you have one of those that you use before you fight?

you can add

/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14   

at the end of the macro and you can also do

/cast [combat] Berserking
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14

If youre a troll druid with the racial at the end as well. I don’t have the trinkets in mine because they are proc trinkets. Most other stuff i use manually like pots and what not so i can control the use. Hope this helps

Some macro do I balance defensive?

ray that is not always up to 55k in the macro moon hangs Starfire never ending cast it stays near the end.
do not know how to fix it?

This is what I’m currently using and it works pretty good, normally around 200k dps in Flex.

#showtooltip Starfire
/castsequence reset=target/5 Moonfire, Sunfire, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire,
/cast [combat]Starsurge
/cast [combat]Nature's Vigil
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
#showtooltip Wrath
/castsequence reset=target/5 Sunfire, Moonfire, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath,
/cast [combat]Starsurge
/cast [combat]Nature's Vigil
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

[quote quote=10834]Does anyone have a good macro or two for a boomkin in 5.4?

I am currently using two that i found on this site for 5.3 but my dps is very crappy.

when in solar:

#showtooltip Wrath
/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target/4 Moonfire,Sunfire,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath
/cast Incarnation

When in lunar:

#showtooltip Starfire
/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target/4 Moonfire,Sunfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire
/cast Incarnation

any ides on how to make it better or maybe any suggestions of what i might not have right?
[/quote]
ok im using these macros and working really well for me just want to know how do i add Lifeblood to both macros?
so it goes off on cd aswell?

Oliver I’m assuming you are referring to the item received by Herbalism. Are you sure you want to use it during both sides of the Eclipse? Since it has a limited supply be cautious. Just my 0.02 worth. As far as adding it to the macro I believe you can add /use Lifebloom at the very bottom of the macro below /use 14 since its just an item in your bag and not a spell thats in your spellbook. Good Luck.

I really wish we could get some more Balance conversation going. I am still using Chris’ macro and yes it works but it feels like we should be doing higher dps. I am at 495 GS and do approx 50k on a boss pull in SoO. My talents are 1,1,3,2,2,3. I have tried both Nature’s Vigil and Heart of the Wild and just seem to have better luck with NV.

I would think it may have to do with your ilvl. My current talents are 1,1,3,2,3,3. Here’s the breakdown of what I do in SoO:

1. Start off with about 1 Wrath Cast to Lunar Eclipse
  2. 2 Seconds before Pull Pre-Pot with Potion of the Jade Serpent
  3. Cast Starfall
  4. Cast Wrath to put you into Lunar Eclipse and start casting Starfire
  5. Cast Starfall when it ends
  6. Cast Incarnation and Celestial Alignment
  7. Cast Starfall
  8. Keep casting Starfire until in Solar eclipse
  9. Cast Incarnation and Celestial Alignment on Cooldown

On a fight like Garrosh, I don’t cast my second potion until we have a reliable burn phase so I can stay still. I will wait however if I know we are going to hero and use my second potion in combination with Heroism + Incarnation and Celestial Alignment.

Here’s my Armory

Thank you Chris for the quick and detailed reply, I like the druids name btw. I couldn’t tell exactly from your rotation but do you still use the macro you created in your OP? I haven’t started raiding with this guy yet at the GS is still only 490 so no pre-potting. My biggest concern is the rotation. Included is my armory link, yes I know some of the gear is not enchanted :frowning:

No Problem. When I mentioned casting wrath and starfire I meant using my macros above. I have them named wrath and starfire respectively. I’ve added my burst macro and starfall macro. My Battle tag is Oomclukaluka#1139 feel free to add me and I’ll do what I can to help.

#showtooltip Celestial Alignment
/cast Celestial Alignment
/cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
/use 13
/use 14
#showtooltip Starfall
/stopcasting
/cast [combat]Starfall
/stopcasting

No Problem. When I mentioned casting wrath and starfire I meant using my macros above. I have them named wrath and starfire respectively. I’ve added my burst macro and starfall macro.

#showtooltip Celestial Alignment
/cast Celestial Alignment
/cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
/use 13
/use 14
#showtooltip Starfall
/stopcasting
/cast [combat]Starfall
/stopcasting