Complete newb..

I consider myself computer savvy in general. Im going to apologize in advance for how stupid this may seem. I have googled and read and youtubed everything that I could possibly find on macros. I have successfully loaded GSE, followed youtube vids on counting DPS while macro’ing and measuring in Skada… I also want to say thanks to all of you here, especially timothyluke. You are all a fantastic resource and I appreciate everything that you do.

Ill cut to it…

So Ive been wanting to try frost DK macros. I guess I dont really understand it (even after readying everything that I could find) to begin with…

If I bind, for instance, John Metz DFST to 1 on the keyboard, do I just tap it once after every cooldown and it will cycle through all of my spells and repeat? Do I spam the key over and over and watch cycle through everything as theyre available? Do I start the sequence by hitting 1 first and then looking for my procs as they pop up?

As Ive gathered so far (and learn DK at the same time) press key to start sequence, press key every 1 second or so to cycle casts, look for procs, time runes, etc and keep pressing thereafter and learn the rotations?

Ive youtubed people and I notice them firing the key rapidly for 5 seconds and then watching their target dummy take increased damage exponentially (granted its a training boss dummy).

Im confused.

Im just really lost on how to use them to begin with. I have no idea what Im doing wrong. I wouldve never registered here but Im in need of some newb help and its embarrassing.

Thanks in advance…