Cym's Demonic Build

Looking for testers for this if possible for a Demonic build only.

I have left eye beam on shift at the moment as eye beam is encouraged to be used on both single and multi target.
The one thing I am also leaving on mod is Blade Dance to give more control and mainly since in this build it should be 3+ mobs and or a more controlled fury spender if needed.

Sequences['CymDemonic'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Neviah@Saurfang",
  SpecID=577,
  Talents = "3312333",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:shift,nochanneling:Eye Beam] Eye Beam",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl,nochanneling] Blade Dance",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Fury of the Illidari",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Strike",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Nemesis",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Demon's Bite",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Askers of AHK speeds will be beaten. It’s best to practice your own speeds to find sweet spots.

i will test it once, I get my 4th tier set… ><

Hi Cym, thanks for creating this.

I’m currently testing it with 4pc T21.

I had to edit this post a few times as I was testing…

4th edit,

I’m not sure why it’s doing this, but at times it doesn’t seem to be casting chaos strike as a priority to dump fury, so you end up throwing glaives or even doing another demon’s bite, when it should be dumping fury.

I don’t have a suggestion for how to fix this, as my understanding of how these macros work, since chaos strike is at the top, it should theoretically do this if possible.

The other thing to think about is you don’t always want to chaos strike when possible… when eye beam is almost ready or ready.

I will try to play with it some to see if I can fix it.

You could try moving Chaos Strike up above Throw Glaive and see if that helps. When I first made the macro it was Priority based but I switched it to sequential as it had better sustain but maybe adding in the extra line or the move up might help it out.

So move or add in an extra chaos strike at the top and change it on the drop down from Sequential to Priority

Thanks!

Okay I made the changes you suggested and tweaked a few other things… I took out throw glaive as it never showed up as even .1% of damage in the simc.

I ran a good 5-6 minute training dummy then compared to simc.

It is working the way I want it to work, and it is following optimal dps rotation (as per icy veins), but for whatever reason it is missing out on a significant amount of DPS. I can do about 1.1-1.2 sustained with it, but my parse is 1.6. I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out where the difference is coming from, but from comparing the sim DPS to my own and the distribution of attacks etc, they seem to be spot on, just much less damage.

Anyways I’ll post it as a potential version 1.1 as it is getting more damage from me running with the 4pc T21 tests:

SpecID=577,
  Talents = "3312333",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Also just for comparative purposes, here is the actual vs the sim. The slight variations of % dmg do not constitute the 500k/sec dps loss.

https://imgur.com/a/CniHq

My conclusion, I’m either missing something obvious (probably), or the raidbots sim is broken (I highly doubt it).

OK i have made a slight modification as it was holding onto fury too much.

It will now, for me anyway, give a better balance of building and spending fury and dps seems a little better.
Running this at 50ms currently.

SpecID=577,
  Talents = "3312333",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

hello,
i am trying to test the latest macro but my DH refuses to do any skills, only autoattacks.

I have the 3312333 talent tree. Any advise?
TY

Why is blade dance on a modifier?

Blade Dance is on a modifier because it has no priority in this build. It only has priority if used with First Blood which is replaced with Chaos cleave for AoE purposes.
First Blood reduces the cost of Blade Dance from 40 to 20 fury. Makes it too expensive when you end up wanting to be using Eye Beam and Chaos Strike as your spenders.

Blade Dance only has a place at 3+ targets in this build

Yep, it locks up for me as well - only auto attacks

It can’t lock up, there is nothing there to lock it up as it’s /cast and not /castsequence

To prove the point that it doesn’t lock up.

Well after I start the macro it freezes and does nothing but auto attacks… I’ll try to import it again and see what happens…

Deleted the macro in the game a re-imported it and it works fine - great macro! Thanks for your work and attention!

I experience this when I import a macro and it has the same name… then when I edit the macro, I see there are more than one tabs in its menu system.

I do what you just did and delete the old one and import the new one.

GJ!

Would taking off Eye Beam from a modifier and putting in the rotation cancel Eye Beam out or would that be ok?

Perfectly fine to put it in the body. I would suggest keeping the other conditionals for nochanneling in there however. I only put it on a mod so you had control in using it and stacking up mobs.

The only skill i don’t suggest putting into the body of the macro is Blade Dance. It’s too expensive without First Blood chosen but it does still have a place but with 3+ mobs only.

[quote quote=56285]OK i have made a slight modification as it was holding onto fury too much.
It will now, for me anyway, give a better balance of building and spending fury and dps seems a little better. Running this at 50ms currently.

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'CymDemonic'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-c">-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Neviah@Saurfang"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">SpecID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">577</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Talents</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"3312333"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-st">Default</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">MacroVersions</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Combat</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-r">true</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Trinket1</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-r">false</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Trinket2</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-r">false</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Sequential"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyPress</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:shift,nochanneling:Eye Beam] Eye Beam"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:ctrl,nochanneling] Blade Dance"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Strike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Fury of the Illidari"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Nemesis"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Demon's Bite"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Strike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Demon's Bite"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyRelease</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
[/quote] Hey Cym I love this macro i'm not well geared but doing quite good damage and dps with this macro. My Question is can you do the same macro with eye beam included in the macro as i haven't a clue how to do this thanks in advance. keep up the awesome work much much much appreciated.

Finally got my 4 set and a chance to use it. With some shit stats this macro preformed very well. I did change Eye beam to the rotation and removed Fury of the Illidari for personal usage. But running at 75 AHK worked out very well and a big thanks for making this macro