Cym's DestoLock Attempt

Thought i would give this a go before Legion pops.
I don’t normally play much of my warlock but in trying to help someone with their own macro I thought to see what i can do.
Excuse the basic shitty UI mess, I had nothing really set up for the Warlock!

This was what i got:

Sequences['DestLock1'] = {
author = "Cymiryc",
specID = 267,
helpTxt = "Talents – 2,1,1,2,3,2,1",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
]],
'/castsequence [combat] reset=target Immolate,null',
'/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Bolt',
'/cast Conflagrate',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate',
"/cast [combat] Grimoire: Imp",
'/cast [combat] Summon Doomguard',
'/cast [combat] Command Demon',
'/castsequence [combat] Incinerate',
PostMacro = [[
/petattack [@target,exists]
]],
}

Showing it off:
Cym’s DestoLock Attempt

@Cym – I just used this and edited out a few of the lines. It’s running perfect. I tested it on the training dummies and there are no lockups or pauses. It’s as smooth as can be.

@TheZeldrak can you post your changed macro?

[quote quote=32532]@Cym — I just used this and edited out a few of the lines. It’s running perfect. I tested it on the training dummies and there are no lockups or pauses. It’s as smooth as can be.
[/quote]

I am guessing it’s to remove some of the demon summons from the macro.

It’s strange that this one works for you as it’s essentially built on what you added in the first place.

@Djulio – This is my modification to fit my talents as I level (quest and dungeon). It is currently getting me about 37k dps, average. My ilvl is only 717 in full questing gear. Use the talents I have listed below. I edited out all the demon summoning and commanding since I’m not using those talents.

Sequences[‘DestLock1’] = {
author = “Cymiryc (edit by thezeldrak)”,
specID = 267,
helpTxt = “Talents – 2,1,1,2,3,1,3”,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
‘/castsequence [combat] reset=target Immolate,null’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Bolt’,
‘/cast Conflagrate’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate’,
‘/castsequence [combat] Incinerate’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Just 1 quick question, with the extra immolates in the macro are you not refreshing it too soon and not allowing enough time to let the ticks build up your shards?

With the way I have it now with the one extra Immolate I’ve actually shard capped a few times. Sometimes I get shard starved and stand around scratching my ass, doing nothing until I get a shard. But, more often than not, I shard cap.

specID = 267,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
‘/cast Conflagrate’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Code Box just to copy and paste. Nice work on the macro!

seems to work great for leveling hoping to see something for raiding :slight_smile:

hey Jesse i had to make some adjustments to the code up there the comma’s and the quotes were messing it up going to try it now and hopefully it works now. i dont know how to get into the black box so if anyone would like to do that then feel free and thank you to the original author :slight_smile:

specID = 267,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
‘/cast Conflagrate’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

hey Jesse i had to make some adjustments to the code up there the comma’s and the quotes were messing it up going to try it now and hopefully it works now. i dont know how to get into the black box so if anyone would like to do that then feel free and thank you to the original author ???

specID = 267,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
‘/cast Conflagrate’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

[quote quote=32865]hey Jesse i had to make some adjustments to the code up there the comma’s and the quotes were messing it up going to try it now and hopefully it works now. i dont know how to get into the black box so if anyone would like to do that then feel free and thank you to the original author ???

specID = 267,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
‘/cast Conflagrate’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

[/quote]

specID = 267,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
‘/cast Conflagrate’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Cym, can this be modified to target a focus’s target? Does that work with GS-E? When I run dungeons I set the tank as my focus. I’d like to run this macro and have it attack my tank’s target so I’m not targeting random things and pulling them.

cant seem to get this macro to work

Sorry for the delayed responses. Not been paying attention to this due to playing or work reasons…

@Ashley - Try this, should work now if you copy/paste it. It was the weird quotations and formatting which would have stopped it working.

Sequences['DestLock1'] = {
author = "Cymiryc (edit by thezeldrak)",
specID = 267,
helpTxt = "Talents – 2,1,1,2,3,1,3",
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
'/castsequence [combat] reset=target Immolate,null',
'/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Bolt',
'/cast Conflagrate',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate',
'/castsequence [combat] Incinerate',
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

@Zel
You can change the pet target to /petattack [target=focustarget]

That should make it only attack your tanks target though it shouldn’t be randomly attacking anything if you’re only using @target,exists

Hope that helps!

Hi Cymiryc, and sorry it took so long to get back to you. For some strange reason I can’t “quote” any posts when I reply. I can’t even click on “Quote”, but anyway, I tried changing what you said to change, and it does this weird thing where it will send the pet to my @focus’s target, but the rest of the macro will target something else entirely. It’s really weird. I’ll be attacking one target, and my pet will be attacking the @focus’s target. Is it possible to make the whole macro target the @focus’s target?