Cyms Fire 7.2.5

So looking at Fire, nothing much has changed across the board from when i first made my entrance into Fire.

I would only recommend this for dungeons and mythic+ dungeons where this is really strong. However, it may suffer vs the single target where Ice and Arcane would still dominate. You could take this into raids but it wouldn’t have the same impact.
If you do take it into raids, it will perform best with lots of adds you can cheese on like Skorp.

This is the main part of the macro.
It’s a 3 button push but only because you need to make the choice between Pyroblast or FlameStrike.
Scorch is in there to help provide a slight speed boost.

Sequences['FireFireFire'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.02.
  Author="Mockery@Saurfang",
  SpecID=63,
  Talents = "2112112",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Fireball",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Fire Blast, Phoenix's Flames, Scorch, Fireball",
        "/cast Living Bomb",
        "/cast Dragon's Breath",
        "/cast Cinderstorm",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Blazing Barrier",
      },
    },
  },
}

For Pyroblast i am using a quick stopcasting macro as well for Flamestrike.

/stopcasting
/cast Pyroblast

for Flamestrike, where the build really shines.

/stopcasting
/cast [@cursor] Flamestrike

For those 2 macros you do not need GSE for, just make them in the normal macro window and it will work fine.

I’ve added
/cast [mod:alt] Pyroblast
much easier

Put Flamestrike in there also…

-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.02.
  SpecID=63,
  Talents = "2112112",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Pyroblast",
        "/cast [@cursor, mod:ctrl] Flamestrike",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Fireball",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Fire Blast, Phoenix's Flames, Scorch, Fireball",
        "/cast Living Bomb",
        "/cast Dragon's Breath",
        "/cast Cinderstorm",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Blazing Barrier",
      },
    },
  },
}

[quote quote=50396]Put Flamestrike in there also…

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'FireFireFire'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-c">-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.02.</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Mockery@Saurfang"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">SpecID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">63</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Talents</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"2112112"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-st">Default</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">MacroVersions</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Sequential"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyPress</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/targetenemy [noharm][dead]"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:alt] Pyroblast"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@cursor, mod:ctrl] Flamestrike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Fireball"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence reset=target Fire Blast, Phoenix's Flames, Scorch, Fireball"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Living Bomb"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Dragon's Breath"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Cinderstorm"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyRelease</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Blazing Barrier"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
[/quote]

been trying this this morning and cant get the flamestrike to fire other than that it seems to run fine

I removed the 2 external procs and moved them to either [mod:shift] for Pyroblast and [mod:ctrl, @cursor] for Flamestrike in the Keypress

It made the difference. I will repost it later tonight once i am home from work again.

What speed do you recon is needed for auto mouse clicks if anyone using this method

I would say 100 - 140 would be good enough… the problem is you don’t want it too fast at the moment because if you hold down a mod button for the procs you could end up trying to hard cast it too if the spell queues up.

Nice work Cymiryc.

Been using this for leveling (78-101 atm) and I like it a lot.

Just one question, Dragon’s Breath is not much worth for me in the macro since I don’t have the Darckli’s Dragonfire Diadem (Yet :P), and I should/can remove it from the macro until I’ll get the legendary? It is fine leveling, cause I have close combat some of the time, but in raid I don’t see it worth without the legendary, or am I wrong?

Again, thank for all you great work (not just this macro, but all the ones you do) :slight_smile:

Feel free to remove it. I keep it in there as i often run Alexstrasza’s Fury even without the Leggo as it’s good for cleave and contributes to Hot Streak procs too.

Is it possible to have a one button macro for raids for fire mage? I am new here and just learning about this site.

No not really.

The issue is your procs. It’s not just about Pyroblast as a fire mage. When you proc Hot Streak, you have to decide if you will use Pyroblast or Flamestrike depending on if you’re single target or aoe. you could say you could make 2 macros but again this won’t help because Pyro and Flamestrike will then be hard casted and you don’t want that at all. It costs too much in time to cast and it will be a DPS loss to do this.

The only time you want to hardcast is in Mythics and that will be Flamestrike, because it’s a DPS gain over Fireball spam to use Flamestrike hard casted against packs.

You could make 2 macros with

/stopcasting
/cast [spell name]

But these guys have worked hard to give you the core rotation. You have to take the responsibility for the rest.

I , for 1, is very grateful for their help in starting my learning process.

PS you can add

/cast (mod:[key press]) spell

(Key press can be alt or Ctrl or Shft)

Funnily enough, this is what i am now using. It’s mostly priority since you don’t want Fireball to munch everything and just want it to be a filler so it’s at the lowest priority.

I have included Meteor as a mod for those ST fights where you may not want to use Cinderstorm.

-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.04.
  SpecID=63,
  Talents = "2112112",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:shift] Pyroblast",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl,@cursor] Flamestrike",
        "/cast [mod:alt, @cursor] Meteor",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence Fire Blast, Phoenix's Flames, Fireball",
        "/cast Living Bomb",
        "/cast Dragon's Breath",
        "/cast Cinderstorm",
        "/cast Fire Blast",
        "/cast Fireball",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Blazing Barrier",
      },
    },
  },
}

Single Target build is: 3132123

Why do you put meteor in your rotation when it is not taken in the talents ? Encounter specific ?

I have included Meteor as a mod for those ST fights where you may not want to use Cinderstorm.

It’s fight specific so you can change your talents without the need to add/remove from the macro.
Cinderstorm would be an overall DPS loss on less that 3 targets as you only truly benefit is all balls connect with something.

As it’s on a mod the line will be ignored so it won’t cause any issues.

how is this working for 7.3?

[quote quote=53244]how is this working for 7.3?
[/quote]

One of my most despised questions, really, there is no thought behind the question. Also tells me it has not been tested.

Other than Feral and possibly Frost DK there were no real class changes or balance for 7.3 so no changes to the macro needed until 7.3.5 which will include the class balance and changes.

Sorry I have only been leveling with it. I just boosted to 100 today I’ve been away so sorry for the short question. I’ve always enjoyed your macro’s

Sorry, it as a pre coffee moment and a common question between here and the discord :slight_smile:

The macro is working fine. not sure about it being perfect as some skills are off the GCD so may fire when you don’t really want to but it’s the nature of the macro.

I have used it in both NH and ToS and it’s great for AoE instance where you can use Living Bomb and Cinderstorm to great effect along with using your procs for Flamestrike.

it’s more a matter of what talents you want to go with, the macro is flexible.
Firestarter is great in ToS and really hard boss fights as their health will be +90% for a while

The problem is i have now stopped playing all classes other than Vengeance and Discipline so when it does come to actual changes, i may not update them so if anyone is willing to step up and improve/maintain it, would be awesome

Guys can you please help me, I have a logitech G502 mouse and it seems they removed ms setting in the new software.
Any suggestions of how to set ms for macros?