Cym's New Fire Macro w/ Cinderstorm (Added YT Clip)

Been playing around with new macros and really wanted to give Cinderstorm a go. It appears to be a strong contender with Kindling even on single targets so i came up with this and i like it a lot.

Again i keep Pyroblast on a seperate key for when it procs. It’s because i want to choose either Pyroblast or Flamestrike depending on mob size.

Edited as of 15/8/16 to show most up to date macros.

These are my current macros that i play with right now and will do into Legion.

Current ilvl is 705 and using Sandman’s Pouch at 700.
Paperdoll Crit is 39%

Static/Standing Rotation based on 2122212 talents:

Sequences['Cinderflame'] = {
author= "Cymiryc",
specID= 63,
helpTxt= 'Talents - 2122212',
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noexists][noharm][dead]
]],
[[/castsequence reset=combat/target/15 Rune of Power]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Fireball,Fireball]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling,@target] reset=combat/target/12 Living Bomb]],
[[/cast [combat] Phoenix's Flames]],
[[/cast Cinderstorm]],
[[/cast Dragon's Breath]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target/46 Flame On]],
[[/cast Combustion]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target/12 Fire Blast]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Ice Barrier
]],
}

Anything that makes you move (replaces need for Ice Floes):

Sequences['CombustPhase'] = {
author= "Cymiryc",
specID= 63,
helpTxt ='Talents - 2122212',
StepFunction= GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Scorch,Scorch]],
[[/cast Cinderstorm]],
[[/cast Combustion]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Ice Barrier
]],
}

And this final one is probably what i will take into Legion for levelling and more.

Static/Normal rotation based on 1123222 talents:

Sequences['BurnEverything'] = {
author= "Cymiryc",
specID= 63,
helpTxt= 'Talents - 1123222',
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Fireball,Fireball]],
[[/cast Cinderstorm]],
[[/cast Dragon's Breath]],
[[/cast Combustion]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Ice Barrier
]],
}

Now with video:
Cinderflame-2122212

BurnEverything-1123222

Added a small video to showcase the macro. It’s set against a dummy but it’s just to show how it fires/procs/performs.

Quite superior to the other macros in arcane or frost. I am badly geared at the moment (673), and with frost and arcane I do around 20k average on raid dummy. with this, I do easy 45k

So thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Cymiryc! Thank you for your work and contributions! I agree with Stefan’s comment above that your latest Fire Mage macro has the best performance so far. I’ve tested it extensively and wanted to provide some feedback for other users.

My Fire Mage is iLvl 710 and stacked for Crit (according to AskMrRobot Fire Mages are Int > Crit > Mastery > Haste > Vers), with talents 2122112, with food and flask Crit is at 49.91%, and Pyroblast bound to a separate key.

It seems to work very well in LFR dungeons and Dungeoneer’s Training Dummies in StormShield, but I’m curious to see how it’ll perform in Heroic and Mythic HFC (and given the considerable amount of movement required for some boss encounters, Rune of Power doesn’t seem to be the best talent choice as its usefulness may be diminished within the 8yd range of the RoP.

Thanks for the feedback!

I was pondering this for movement and was thinking of trying again with Incanter’s Flow especially when Legion does land. I think it will be best for levelling and dungeons where you will not worry too much about your numbers until late on and then the damage buff will then come into it’s own.

I personally use two sets of macros. This one where i can stand and cast as needed and another i use where i have to move (also for PVP) when a angry clump of meat starts running my way with bloodied swords…

With this similar macro replacing Fireball with Scorch, removing Dragon’s Breath as i dont know if i am running to the side or forward or back I feel it would be wasted. It means there is not a time that i am not casting/doing DPS and i am also not reliant on Ice Floes:

Sequences['CombustPhase'] = {
author= "Cymiryc",
specID= 63,
helpTxt ='Talents - 2122212',
StepFunction= GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Scorch,Scorch]],
[[/cast Cinderstorm]],
[[/cast Combustion]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Ice Barrier
]],
}

I called it CombustPhase as sometimes it’s better to cast Scorch over Fireball when Combustion is active due to it’s nature to crit more often and potentially activating more Hot Streaks for those tasty Pyroblasts… really it’s a multi purpose macro but these are the 2 i use right now.

Would you say 20k average DPS on a 640 mage is good with this? I’m having difficulty telling if it’s doing its job right or not.

Also, what MS interval do you use on the spam macro if you have one? Or do you just solo spam the button with your hand?

I wouldn’t say it’s bad but it just depends how competitive you are really for numbers :slight_smile:
There was a slight decrease in everyone’s DPS when the Pre-patch was released

I am only at 705-710 ilvl but there seems to be a huge difference in DPS sustained when using the macro.
Sims say i should only be pulling 35-36k (AskMrRobot - Unbuffed) but you can see from the video that i pull a lot more, albeit on a dummy and put me in the 95th percentile (according to AMR).

It’s never going to be better than learning and casting the correct rotation but it works well.

I use a random spam macro through AHK which will go anywhere from 0.050 to 0.120 as i don’t think, for this class due to spell casting times, that there is any benefit to constantly spam at 0.050 or quicker and i “feel” that i am not skipping any abilities.
It’s all personal preference though.

TYVM Cymiryc loving your macros

Hi Cymiryc!

First, I’d like to thank you for your efforts in putting such an effective GS together.

I was wondering if you’d be willing to put together a similarly effective macro for a 1132121 Build, if it can even be done.

I’d love to try what you can come up with.

Thanks!

I did some testing on it as you requested. It can be done but i am not a massive fan of it. It does make it less static but i am not a fan of Ice Floes (personal choice) at the end of the 63 seconds (my testing default), there was not a massive loss of DPS from my other macros. 2.58mil from 3.01 but you will be able to see it yourself and its purely based on RNGesus for those Pyro procs

Sequences['FireTest'] = {
author= "Cymiryc",
specID= 63,
helpTxt= 'Talents - 1132121',
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Fireball,Fireball,Fireball]],
[[/cast Ice Floes]],
[[/cast Combustion]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Ice Barrier
]],
}

From the testing however, i may end up changing my main macro to a 1123222 spec. The increased hot streak and procs was just crazy at times with 5-6 procs in a row

ok I’m fairly new to this. are these a series of macros? like the double brackets equal one macro?

Thanks a ton for putting this together. I’m going to test it out in comparison to your original. If you do end up modifying your original with a new talent arrangement, I’d love to see and hear about it!

Imagining you’ve done quite a bit of testing while putting this together, I do have one question you may be able to answer.

Your original build is contrary to the advice set forth in icy-veins.com on talent selection, particularly with the t7 talent. Is there a particular reason for this? For the time being, is this generally testing out more beneficial?

Once again, a huge thank you for all your efforts and your prompt response. All the best!!

I did the testing quickly yesterday and with the slight changes i was more than happy with the output i was doing. When i have more time away from work i can take another clip of the new talent output for comparison. While the other talents are good, the spec is sadly working around procs and i found with the new choices (mostly from the spec you gave me) i was able to output a bit more and it felt more natural. Also the extra procs in relation to Flame On actually worked out better, i think.

I often feel that Icy is good to lay the groundwork but it’s telling you what to choose without testing and finding out for yourself and to me that’s limiting… maybe i just like to be a little different :slight_smile:
Also, we’re going to be levelling for the next 10 levels so the newer spec appeals to me more than for full end game right now.

If we were able to control abilities through GS-E based on proc then i would be more than happy to keep Flame On and only to use it when i was out of Fire Blasts but the addon can’t account for that so i feel it’s slightly wasted as it just fires off randomly, wasting the extra charges.

T7 - Cinderstorm vs Kindling vs Meteor
Meteor is good for single target but ends up splitting the damage in a group og mobs. With a long cooldown of 45 seconds i don’t think it’s worth it. You can maybe fire off 4 Cinderstorms in that time doing more damage.

Kindling - It’s good and it’s a passive. It reduces the cooldown of Combustion by 1 second for every crit from your fireball pyroblast and fire blast. For me, it’s not all that good. Maybe i am a just unlucky but i can never pull off enough crits while i have no trinket proc’d to rapidly drop the cooldown of Combustion enough to warrent me using it. The fights while levelling are not going to be raid length. If you’re lucky you can drop it down to 1 minute, that’s around 6-7 Cinderstorms.

Cinderstorm - Such a double edged sword and it’s fun and scary to use at the same time… Why?
Well, It’s non targeted so you have to aim yourself so it will hit the target. On top of that it will hit unlimited targets in front of you because it just passes through them all as it travels in an arc and helps helps a party/yourself wittle those mobs down quicker. The downside? The arc itself and the fact it doesn’t appear to stop soon enough. This can lead to the danger of pulling another group of mobs on the edge of it’s travel distance. You will be the new Hunter :stuck_out_tongue:

So TLDR: It’s a personal preference for the talents i pick. I find from the testing that te choices are more beneficial and will help levelling to 110 and possibly further into early raids.

Cymiryc,

This is very impressive. I originally stumbled across this looking for a way to do a very simple castsequence and ended up blown away by this.

I noticed in one of your other threads that you twisted in Blast Wave but it’s not in your new fire macro. I was wondering what your thoughts are on dropping Flame On for Blast Wave and weaving that into the fireball and scorch variants you have in this thread.

Keep doing what you do. :slight_smile:

Cymiryc - thank you very much for putting the time into these macros! I have one question though. There are a few macros floating around in this thread. Is it safe to assume your original post is the most up-to-date macro?

Thanks!

Hi Devo,

I have updated the macros on the original post to show my most up to date macros and with clips to showcase them.

@Vyn,

I really like using Blast Wave it’s very very meaty and it hits hard, the 70% slow is good too but usually by your next cast they are in your face anyway then you’re waiting 25 seconds for it to go boom again, but it’s another button that you push and have to wait for (again, personal preference) but the downside for me is it doesn’t help activate Heating Up/Hot Streak at all. It’s a good alpha strike to help you get started but i am swinging more into Controlled Burn for now, even though Icy-Veins suggests otherwise.

[quote quote=31455]Hi Devo,
I have updated the macros on the original post to show my most up to date macros and with clips to showcase them.
[/quote]

Perfect; thank you!

Great Macro! I made a minor tweak (just a preference) and went with Kindling. I pulled 101.1k over the course of 30.32mil damage on a dummy in Warspear. I tried Cinderstorm, but it gave me a few too many scares lol I can definitely see where it could be amazing, though.

My toon’s stats for reference:
Empyreal-Ysera
Ilvl: 730

Base Stats:
Crit: 41%
Haste: 21%
Mastery: 15%
Versatility: 3%

Thank you for all of your hard work on this!

For the static / movement macros you have in your original post, could you show me how to add pyroblast to it where it’ll only go off during hot streak procs or is that not possible? (Only reason I ask is it could be useful for a truly lazy macro in PvP where it’ll fire off pyros instantly instead of me having to worry about another button. If not it’s okay, great macro so far, thanks!

Well, technically on the movement and potentially the static you could add it anywhere as when you have the button held down and it’s spamming, when it comes to an ability it can cast while moving it will use it, like Scorch.

[[/cast Combustion]],

I would add it here:

[[/cast Combustion]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Pyroblast]],

If you add it to the static and you’re not moving at the time there is a small risk/chance that you will end up trying to hard cast it, its probably best to move a little to interrupt it.

Hope that helps!