Forums Forums Classes Paladins Protection 8.0.x Cysta Tankadin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Grunt

Ok, so I am releasing this also a couple days earlier than I had intended. As with anything in my macros you are welcome to take out. This is created to be a cover all type macro but it doesn’t handle defensives other than Shield of the Righteous. It does come within my margin for an acceptable output macro for protection paladin and was tested at 50-60 ms. You are welcome to test any speed you would prefer. Let us know your output from such ms changes. Anything abilities, from spec changes, that replaces an ability, the macro should update just as well for those abilities. The only difference is Arcane Torrent and Seraphim. I tested this on my 1,2,3,3,2,2,1 build which is a highly defensive build. I set this macro to pull with a Judgment. You will not cast another consecration unless you target something else or combat ends which will reset the castsequence. I had to do this or it just simply wasted GCD on casting consecrate which resulted in a DPS loss. Consecration needs to be maintained during a fight. However, you don’t need to over lap them every 4 seconds as the CD is. So, if you are on a single mob, press F1 and target yourself and then the macro should re-choose the closest target. If you are not content with that you could mouse target/click manually. The issue of faster consecrates only becomes a bit of an issue when you are handling multiple targets and either swap to another target or the mob simply dies too quickly. Alternatively, you can remove the reset target function as it also uses alt as a modifier. I use modifiers for my keybinds so, I prefer the target method. If you are like I am the macro hangs while you hold the modifier so no point in using it. There also is no clear need to remove it from the generic.

CYS-TANKADIN (50-60ms):
    da0)eaakfsDkfIMLcClfe2fPYVukdtjPJHQwgu6zOW0ueDnKyBKcFtr14qPCoLu3tHqdubvDqfQwOck9qfsMiPOncf1ivqLtQKyLke8sOi3ejzNIyOqHLQGupLQMQs1vvqXwvq0zvqYBrj3ffTxjdgCyHfJkpMKjlsxwQntQ6ZKsJwjoTOwTcLEnkvZMs3gQ2nv(nIHRiDCfkwofphY0jUosTDKuFxr48kk7x1fFTxj8LFudLFi2hpbtJR5kjvc2AV87HTDcQ88yzWalw(YpCTDA53BK0Phc5af2WrdoGY4QdtTHONyWpiHJ9in7oqJ60dJEToSSFqtm8hq0ijYUoDK6oCGQqzihMillz3b8WOn7oq0FOngI5qihgnB6wZ(bnXWFarJKi760deQBZblXPTnh0N1UiOrQ7WbQcLHCajzR9WsGoycxkb)GI4qzK0o1SdtneoBJJoWrlhcLQNkbNTpONyo4itO7WbmSHONyWpWpa7agdyma7aSd4pWrlhqleAB6bfH62CiS2dC0zBks3HdyqBTOdtKLLdJLovlE7KdHl9WezR9GJihubsoil9bIS0Mdbx2MLCJoq7KS9GIGZfYHm6q70gA7uDhommO(aM5piKdsy02YbuB1FqihmTkqYHrrCOwzcjtChcx6bzPpGhkd5aAHqBtpiHrBlhKL(GYsqnsoGt40D4W4wPnUqYu32zdomJqFqfUd0O(qyLdb6qwoKrhcRPJ0zhMgg5ar)HSO7WHv0FygH(qk5GJihwcQ7d4K0S(CBqhcQJSn4S9bzPDhglnsoqJ6dyMxx51S1h0wPs4l)40YcXu(riY2mcfd)(IjS2Y7N2Qv0Ss0qJYtvOmKHSnOmXHQ9kHV2Re(YVPcKCGLIGZfcZduyOXQRwjyl)MkqcQhdD7u9bwkcoximpyAulJyyLnjmABztrW5c5WbSAqzoJbhC0wBLWO8BQajhWoNY85RRKjl)MkqYbwkcoximpWGFndkvcLYVPcKCGLIGZfcZdyNtz(81vIgLFtfi5alfbNleMhOWGYAkvY8YVPcKCGLIGZfcZd(2etxY4vcBLFtfi5alfbNleMhyWZgBtwjRl)MkqYbwkcoximpWtHc)KuQe(vl)gnQpWsrW5cH5bEgvcpF53Or9bwkcoximpWpz5XGGeQcLHu7Lu(Dt2XEl8fx59spfZ0oLKjUY77Xq3ojh2YVBYo2BbBXvEm1Zg622bQR9skpgMMQqzi1EjLht9mmmncv7vcF53KWOTL214ZoWYrwcdotwPDKYSKskP8ufo6WUItAd1TtYexnSLusva

Nathan Richards
    Grunt

Reserved

Abby
    First Sergeant

Working great. Been using it for 10-13 keys on my lower geared Pally.

Any news on the Ret and UH-DK macros?

Vynivas
    First Sergeant

@nathan – you want consecration down as much as you can since threat for tanks have been changed and nerfed. you really want too keep throwing out those AoE abilities as much as you can. some tanks are not effected by this since most of their attack are AoE. my Demon Hunter has no problem since they are a AoE whore.

PS: “Tanks may have problems holding aggro on secondary mobs when only using passive AoE and may need to make good use of Taunts and target swaps to keep secondary mobs off their allies”.

thx10050
    First Sergeant

I believe his point was that you don’t need to refresh Consecration every 4 seconds when the duration itself is 12 seconds. On a multi-mob fight, selecting a new target will throw down a new Consecration, but on a boss fight that’s single target only, you need to either select yourself for an instant or use a mod key.

Chris B
    Grunt

Whats the reason for the null at the end and making it a tasksequence instead of just a /cast with consecrate?

/castsequence [combat] reset=alt/target/combat Consecration, null

thx10050
    First Sergeant

He answers that clearly in his post and I clarified in mine: it’s to prevent Consecrate from overlapping. The ability CD is four seconds; the duration is 12. Therefore, he’s advocating not to refresh Consecrate every four seconds when the extra eight or so seconds could be used for other abilities.

Vynivas
    First Sergeant

you guys having fun? i mean if i had to tell someone off in a polite way i would continue the conversation as well even tho the horse is long been dead.

thx10050
    First Sergeant

I can kinda understand your reasoning behind your attempt at being snarky and passive-aggressive in your reply above, but if you or Chris had actually read Nathan’s reasoning in his own macro post, my repeated explanations wouldn’t have been necessary.

Chris B
    Grunt

If you read my question I was wanting to know what the null does, I understand the concept of not wanting consecrate to overlap.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.