Cys-tankadin (updated!)

Hi all, removed my old defunct macro and it is now unavailable, permanently. I made many modifications and It will pull outside of combat with Judgment. After the combat is initiated, it will proceed with everything else in a reasonable order. Please report bugs and if you need to see my paladin, from which used to build this and test on, I am US-Thrall Dazbom.

(Bugfix 2020-03-24 / Version 3) CYS-TANKADIN - Macro 1 is all purpose general use, Macro 2 is raid only [they should auto change]: (I tend to run at current home ms - somewhere around 50)
dKuSkaGive(KIO0OuefNsru1RuevMfP0TuHKDbGFHunmvO6ykQwMQWZuOMgPIUgPQTPIQVPimosLCoLswNku6Eif1(ukfnqLsPoOksluPu4HQiAIQISrfrgPkK6KkeVKuPMjsrCtKc7uv6NifPHQIYsvf1tvvtLuSvLsL(QsPIZQuQ6Tkk3vPyVi(RkenyPdt1IvWJvYKb5Yu2SI0Nb0Ob1Pr1QvkL8AfsZwLUnq7gQFdz4QGJtQWYj55OmDIRJKTJu67a04vHW5vQwVkuSFXK5enK35K)j3()rP50xDF6tJ8sEFq0q(pztDQRqENt(A8RHfg5p)X4XpEmN8pA7EG81aZzPuhGCXGsb9LcLsXmw6hMBxOu00ub2sFMdewmefl1zPE6tN9tPyoql1XqPCw6af)kPiCQNcUlW81KlLj7xlDGIFHainD7aB4uoov5CiTPcmNLci)EtvgTMssfukgjPumogy6hMBxOu00ub2sFMdewmefl1zPE6tN9t9b(Ll7Pogkvz0AkjDWxJMkO0fcZmfTUWr4u00ub2LuFGF5YoaPPNeHz2s5chHt5SuyhdDnOupDQbykG(otB6uUIjPCjLZs9lG(olLJtxotyMoOm8YsbKlWPEkM6EtnmuQGsfylvHex4imaPPBpIkD54uLXmjLlPumogy64uqtGrqSugkvGDjLlPaYV3uxed8GKkOuLTCMK6aDogG0unWiMLcAcmcIL6klLIzPcSLUe1nDuBxB6c2XaTuXvanrBksLUqGdUKoya5ygDddXainDKuyNwlv54ubMZs54uqhVNcOVZsbKlWP06QDogykIswiqJbqA6K4kMOnvrHXCmWuUK6s62KMtHrGw61fdV2tNmGCSLYzP06kUpCTuxs15XpQZp(Kpfq(9Mc6JAPCjLJxkdIpC3tzhCqW9uhdLci)EtHqPavMlPdukMKc5GoqdG0uffgZXat5skmhiSPsfyhNcJaT0RlgETNUJOszWiQlukZS0RXyPdukMK6yOup9IWanv6jyumX54tKofPs9bMHxwkAAQNoyIyQuarkiastpLMqtsffhpQjSuhdLcztnmJtRLUqOlecqmtBkGCbovGTu7iw2bHJWPOPPFyUDHsrttfyl9zoqb2quSuoov5CiTPUYsfu6GLc6yk)E3tPygu6WEQaBPumtbqA6iPkkCQaZzP0Y9up9eVoq)ePmz)APGikMbqA6lsBkxs5m8Kvs90xhORn1zPJK6GPyKK6PxeTMkfnnfeXK0N9JXuPhuiiQLWsHOSubLcrP8b(Ll7aKMstNonvGTuqFPqAtb3tp4xhIJtHqgl1vikmuQaBPmh0sHCqhOLc6yk)E3txiSOq3lhdmLlaKME0ianAnL2uiklvqPlxDWVPcfgB3u2ogsHanTPG7PWogkDQFVSuNDn7qQJHshjvmmuQGsnAnSq537E6aswWPG7PhuCKIlCJLcrzPckftboKoLJbAkasthjfIdL6qqPFt5hG5GPtrQubgXSuffgZXathRDo9hApsThP250FODC6af)cbqAknmTPhmfdH97DxB6iPgEBH2nOub2sH5aHnv6aLIjPdus6iPqC2LpQbLkWwQDeIYtz6GIZG3tbrklvGDC6LpkhdmLlSueLCGsaG8pLsGrkY)j)ygqGBBnWk)Ej)NDoe59b5)pyRrEI8E(5Kpn8LcTDnfJJWmIgY7CIgY7CYN(Yzs6SfcCWLnPNeHxgwuUyqPt66Gg59b5tF5mjD2cbo4YM0tXCqpfnn9jZfyY7yYN(Yzs6SfcCWLnPNQwo2s1GukdlKxDs(0xotsNTqGdUSj9Bk)amhK8QN8PVCMKoBHahCzt6456sx6K8Eo5tF5mj9Xe6NyITiVtq(0xotsNTqGdUSjD88TgRN8QlYN(YzcZ0bLHxw6SfcCWLnPkJzcndIGo2LOU0fxb0e6le4GlPPpox)eJ1MQFS(T0Rnv)y9BPN8Uf5tF5mjD2cbo4YMu9Jp)4hN81O44rnzozG81TT)SDnNzeneH81TTFMYymIgY7CYNU4kGMyydCpDggb7kWnZGmhAdri)ZqmHg(sHiAic5)f7WKOWlHJWK)30bLHfUFj)Zugn8Lcr0qeYxJIJh1KhKbIqEFq0qENt(0xotsNTqGdUSj9Ki8YWIYfdkDsxh0iVpiF6lNjPZwiWbx2KEkMd6POPPpzUatEht(0xotsNTqGdUSj9u1YXwQgKszyH8QtYN(Yzs6SfcCWLnPJNRlDPtYREYN(Yzs6Jj0pXeBrEpN8PVCMKoBHahCzt645Bnwp5DcYN(YzcZ0bLHxw6SfcCWLnPkJzcndIGo2LOU0fxb0e6le4GlPPpox)eJ1MQFS(T0Rnv)y9BPN8)IDysu4LWryY)B6GYWc3VKVUT9NTR5mJOHiKVUT9ZugJr0qENt(0fxb0edBG7PZWiyxbUzgK5qBic5RrXXJAYCYa5RrXXJAYdYa5FMYOHVuiIgIq(NHycn8Lcr0qeIqeYNgoMYVJGftrRHfoct2geHieca

Usage Information
This updated macro uses Shield of the Righteous as a DPS usage and is built on a mythic+ style build. When in raid, this will revert to not using Shield of the Righteous as a DPS ability and revert back to conservation of that ability. Consecration is handled a few ways, first it is always in castsequence with a null end to the rotation. You can reset it using 3 methods so that it will attempt to recast again. Those methods are use the ctrl key, change target, or combat begins/ends. I have ran this in many ways with varying outcomes. First, running it at >= home latency (mine is variable at 40-60) will make it incredibly spammy and will do great burst damage. running it higher than home latency you should see less burst and a longer “sustain” for absence of a better word. ALL trinkets and defensive cooldowns, with the exception of Shield of the Righteous in raid, are to be manually used by the user. I run this via a “Naga” style mouse. No, it isn’t a Naga, as I am not a lover of most Razer products due to durability. Off the macro, my paladin does around the same damage manually controlling it. However, due to carpal tunnel syndrome, my hand falls asleep and I tend to eventually botch my priorities due to numb finger. I did add Seraphim for those running 3,1/2,,,1/2,3 build. Me, personally, I enjoyed the higher burst but I disliked the extra squishy more than liking its output.

This macro contains 2 macro versions. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.5.5.

• The Default macro is 1
  • Raids use version 2
Macro Version 1
Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Contains various utility functions.

Main Sequence: Concentrated Flame (combat); Anima of Death (combat); Arcane Torrent (combat); Seraphim (combat); Avenging Wrath (combat); Judgment; Avenger’s Shield (combat); sequence (combat) (reset=mod:ctrl/target/combat) Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of the Righteous; Shield of the Righteous (combat)

Macro Version 2
Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Contains various utility functions.

Main Sequence: Concentrated Flame (combat); Anima of Death (combat); Avenging Wrath (combat); Arcane Torrent (combat); Judgment; Avenger’s Shield (combat); sequence (combat) (reset=mod:ctrl/target/combat) Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of the Righteous

1 Like

New updated macro 10th of April 2020!

Changes -

Changed priority system
Removed trinket cooldown management (caused macro stutters and hangs)
Created separate versions for “all purpose/maximum damage output” and “raid/conservative measures”
Tested from a range of 40ms to 100ms with results spoken about.
Added 3 types of Consecration recast/reset methods (modifier:ctrl, target change, and combat)
Support for a secondary build (for a more flexible usage without needing modification)
Interrupts (including Arcane Torrent) is no longer handled by the macro
Added support for Concentrated Flame

2020-03-24 Changes:
Bug on casting consecration
Fix regarded retying back to Hammer of the Righteous with castsequence.

2020-03-24 / 2nd Changes:
Fixed the uniformity of the prior bugfix changes for the 2nd version included.

2020-04-10 / Version 3 Changes:
Added support for Concentrated Flame, Anima of Death, and Arcane Torrent.
Shifted Consecration to the beginning of the sequence. Was having issues firing and I believe this would be the problem with hanging the sequence.
Made all but Judgment requiring combat so there is no waste and Judgment is the pull spell.
Removed Touch of the Everlasting (too long of a CD and more valuable to reserve for dire needs).

Working great. Been using it for 10-13 keys on my lower geared Pally.

Any news on the Ret and UH-DK macros?

@nathan - you want consecration down as much as you can since threat for tanks have been changed and nerfed. you really want too keep throwing out those AoE abilities as much as you can. some tanks are not effected by this since most of their attack are AoE. my Demon Hunter has no problem since they are a AoE whore.

PS: “Tanks may have problems holding aggro on secondary mobs when only using passive AoE and may need to make good use of Taunts and target swaps to keep secondary mobs off their allies”.

I believe his point was that you don’t need to refresh Consecration every 4 seconds when the duration itself is 12 seconds. On a multi-mob fight, selecting a new target will throw down a new Consecration, but on a boss fight that’s single target only, you need to either select yourself for an instant or use a mod key.

Whats the reason for the null at the end and making it a tasksequence instead of just a /cast with consecrate?

/castsequence [combat] reset=alt/target/combat Consecration, null

He answers that clearly in his post and I clarified in mine: it’s to prevent Consecrate from overlapping. The ability CD is four seconds; the duration is 12. Therefore, he’s advocating not to refresh Consecrate every four seconds when the extra eight or so seconds could be used for other abilities.

you guys having fun? i mean if i had to tell someone off in a polite way i would continue the conversation as well even tho the horse is long been dead.

I can kinda understand your reasoning behind your attempt at being snarky and passive-aggressive in your reply above, but if you or Chris had actually read Nathan’s reasoning in his own macro post, my repeated explanations wouldn’t have been necessary.

If you read my question I was wanting to know what the null does, I understand the concept of not wanting consecrate to overlap.

Chris B,

The null is used to stop the macro until it gets reset, in this case due to target or the entire macro being reset by combat.(or alt which like Nathan says is not an option for me due to keybinds)

It is commonly written this way because to just write it as a /cast as you were asking about means it would continually cast (per the 4 seconds THX and Nathan were trying to avoid)

I use the same thing in my macros for spells like “Flame Shock” (on Elemental Shaman). These spells want to be cast on each target, but typically have other refresh mechanisms, or require more specific input to not waste resources and cooldowns that could be used on other spells.

While spells like consecrate and flame shock can be one button macroed to fire all the time they are off cooldown, it would be bad programming to do so and stop those of us picky enough in our parses from ever getting close to full optimization in our macros. The null option gives us some flexibility in getting fairly one button, with the option to add a little more management to get closer to the maximized end goal.

Make sense?

I forgot to add:

Thank you Nathan, this looks great so far. I am switching back to Paladin now that I opened Dark Iron and have not played one since the old GSE.

If I make any personal adjustments, if you are amiable I will share in the spirit of us reaching as close to perfection as we can? Hopefully you have already reached it and I won’t have to do anything lol, you are one of the few people I have seen write on here that modifiers don’t work for due to the way we keybind like me.

Do you have a ret one as well?

Hi Geoffrey!

You are welcome to share any modifications in this thread as you wish. If it gets too confusing then I may have to have it split off eventually. However, I would like to refrain from that. I have been taking a break from the game and playing less so I haven’t spent time grinding out on the training dummies but I have a few different and new modifications. I have two fixes that change up a couple things and work to fix other issues that I was not happy with. I have an older ret macro on here that people still enjoy but I am fleshing out some new changes for that as well as a newer unholy DK macro and updates to my blood DK macro.

As soon as I am content with them I will post them. If you make some interesting changes, that I enjoy, don’t be surprised if they end up in the main macro build. I will let you know if that is the case and prolly, at that point, add credit to you in macro info.

Also, thanks for your explanation on why I used a castsequence with null instead of a normal cast. You are 100% right and I felt that adding a few options to the reset, to cast again, was better than adding multiple lines for the same ability. It just plainly makes sense and is also a net dps loss to cast every 4 seconds. In Legion and, even in BFA, it was/is more of a priority for tanks to output as much dps as possible in both a raid and mythic+ than it was in the past. It is even worse for BFA since so much is on the GCD now compared to Legion. That means if we use certain abilities we can be even doubly punished for it when unwarranted.

Was wondering if there was a way to be able to add the Heart of Azeroth enhancements in this macro.

It can be, I will look at it in a couple days from now and it should be a quick fix. I just moved from NY to NC and have been looking for work using my bachelor’s degree. Right now, I am responding to your message via my phone, in the hospital because my brother sawed his own finger trying to cut a tree down.

Tell him not to do that. I hear it hurts like hell.

Been using this and i love it. One question:

I keep getting that annoying error sound whenever this runs. Obviously something is firing that cannot be fired. I cannot disable that error sound and it’s driving me crazy…any advice and thank you!

There is a possibility, is the build the same that I use? If not, what is different? I have just been extremely busy with real life and haven’t even played wow much. If it is something I can quickly fix I will do so.

What abilities do I need to have the macro execute for the heart of azeroth? I haven’t played since forever because of real life.

i have the same doubt