DarkBear All Talents

Hello everyone. As requested I have revised my Guardian macro to include a little more Maul and Swipe usage and less Moonfire spam. The new one still using Moonfire quite a bit, but I am happy with it where it is, if you however do not like it then consider increasing the loop limit of the macro considerably (it is set at 12 now, try something like 24 or 30 or more) If that does not satisfy you then you can alter the /castsequence line to hide the casting of moonfire there behind a wall of Swipe, just continue to add Swipe to the sequence until you get the desired result.

It is very important that you understand that this macro is very offensive minded, it does not by default cast any Defensive casts outside of your artifact weapon <Rage of the Sleeper>. This means that it will not cast the very important tank buff ā€œIronfurā€ for you without you telling it to do so (Either by pressing the modifier key [shift], or by spamming a separate keybind that has ironfur on it)

IMORTANT
This will kill you if you are not careful as it does not cast ANY defensive abilities on its own, nor does it cast Frenzied regeneration. It does cast Rage of the Sleeper

1. Press [alt] to cast Barkskin
  2. Press [ctrl] to cast Frenzied Regeneration
  3. Press [shift] to cast Ironfur but you must have 33 Rage to cast it and beat the macro to it casting Maul. The idea is to only cast Ironfur when you are the active Tank or expect heavy damage.
  4. Survival instincts you need to manage on your own keybind

If you donā€™t like using modifiers then donā€™t use them, put those spells on thier own keys and spam them as desired.

On a 5 minute Training dummy test I am seeing a jump in my dps of around 100k unbuffed. I went from 973,895 to 1,090,924

New Macro 05/10/18

Sequences['ThrashandBurn'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.08.
  Author="Darkmanz",
  SpecID=104,
  Talents = "Any",
  Helplink = "https://www.twitch.tv/darkmanz22",
  Help = [[Version: Beta1.1.01
***IMORTANT***
This will kill you if you are not careful as it does not cast ANY defensive abilities on its own, nor does it cast Frenzied regeneration. It does cast Rage of the Sleeper

1. Press [alt] to cast Barkskin
2. Press [ctrl] to cast Frenzied Regeneration
3. Press [shift] to cast Ironfur but you must have 33 Rage to cast it and beat the macro to it casting Maul. The idea is to only cast Ironfur when you are the active Tank or expect heavy damage.
4. Survival instincts you need to manage on your own keybind

If you don't like using modifiers then don't use them, put those spells on thier own keys and spam them as desired.
Any combination of talents will work with this macro but I would highly recomend 1112321, you can ofcourse playaround with any choice in the 30,45 and 60 rows. I would suggest that you wear the Shoulders and Back legendaries, if you don't have them or choose not to wear them then taking Galctic Guardian over Incarnation becomes alot less important.

Come check me out on Twitch]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      LoopLimit=12,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [@player, nostance:1] Bear Form",
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence [combat] reset=target  moonfire, null",
        "/cast [talent:2/3, nocombat] Wild Charge",
        "/cast [combat] Berserking",
        "/cast [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Barkskin",
        "/cast Rage of the Sleeper",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Moonfire",
      },
        "/cast [mod:shift] Ironfur; [mod:ctrl] Frenzied Regeneration; [nomod] Maul",
        "/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverize",
        "/cast [talent:7/2, combat] Lunar Beam",
        "/cast [combat] Mangle",
        "/castsequence [combat] Swipe, Moonfire",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Thrash",
      },
    },
  },
}

Change log:

08/22/17-Added an autocast Barskin with Brambles talent
08/22/17-Edited Moonfire cast line to attempt to not spam Moonfire with GG talent
08/22/17-Revised the Defensive CD macro
10/27/17-Revised the Main macro to output a little more damage
10/27/17-Revised the Defensive macro a handle things better
05/10/18-I have archived the old macro and introduced the new "ThrashandBurn

5/10/2018*
I have archived the original post here if anyone still wants to use the original macro. It is a lot more defensive minded and will do a perfect job of keeping Ironfur uptime at a max. I have raided all of (H)atb to this point using just this macro and have an Orange parse on every heroic fight using it so it is still very good, but I can push out around 100k more DPS with the new one.

Hello Everyone!
Here is my Druid Guardian Macro. It will support any Talent selection or combination. There are 2 macros listed the first being the rotation and the second a Defensive CD rotation.

The main macro is pretty self explaining and simple to use, though is you choose the Incarnation talent it is not in the rotation and you will need to pop it manually (If enough people really want it in there I will make a version that includes it. It also Includes the Troll Racial Berserking (If you are another race and would like for your Racial to be cast on CD, just replace ā€œBerserkingā€ with whatever Racial Spell that you have.

The Defense macro is more complicated (at least the way I run it), and can be handled 3 ways as folows, It will cast in the following order:
Bristling Fur (If you have the Talent selected talent:1/2)
Barkskin
Survival Instincts (1 charge)

1. In the main macro you may notice a line that is commented out:
    ā€“"/click [mod:shift] DarkBearDefense",
    If you donā€™t mind modifier buttons then you can Import the ā€˜DarkBearDefenseā€™ macro as usual, create an icon and just drop it on a bar somewhere that is out of your way (it just needs a home but does not ever require you to actually click it). Prior to importing the main macro you will need to remove the 2 dashes ā€œā€“ā€ that appear before this line that makes it a comment line rather than a code line (Once imported GS ignores these commented lines and removes them from the macro).

2. Import both macros as is and put them on separate buttons. Click the Defense one each time you want to use a Defensive.

3. Do nothing. Import the main macro and ignore the second (you will need to use your own keybinds for Defensive CDs)

Main Macro:

Sequences['DarkBearRoar'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Darkmanz",
  SpecID=104,
  Talents = "Any Talent combination For max DPS I suggest: 1?1?321 and for max survival:2?3?221 ",
  Helplink = "none",
  Help = [[Version: DBR1.1.02, All Talents are Supported!Change the Loop limit Number if you are not happy with the number of Frenzied Regens being cast. Smaller number will result in faster use where a larger number will cast it less frequently.]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      LoopLimit=12,
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence [combat] reset=combat  Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Thrash, null",
        "/cast [talent:1/1, combat] Barkskin",
        "/cast [combat] Rage of the Sleeper",
        "/click [mod:shift] DarkBearDefense",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Swipe",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Moonfire",
      },
        "/castsequence Ironfur, Ironfur",
        "/cast Thrash",
        "/cast Mangle",
        "/castsequence Maul, Swipe",
        "/cast [talent:5/3, combat] Moonfire",
      PostMacro={
        "/cast [combat] Frenzied Regeneration",
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Thrash",
      },
    },
  },
}

Defense Macro:

Sequences['DarkBearDefense'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Darkmanz",
  SpecID=104,
  Talents = "Any Talent Combination",
  Help = [[This will cylce through your Defensive abilities as Follows:
Bristling Fur (If Talent is selected)
Barkskin
Survival Instincts (1 charge)
Survival Instincts (second charge
]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [talent:1/2] reset=38  Bristling Fur, Barkskin, Survival Instincts, Survival Instincts",
        "/castsequence [notalent:1/2] Barkskin, Survival Instincts, Survival Instincts",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

***Beta Test

Sequences['DarkBearRoar'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Darkmanz",
  SpecID=104,
  Talents = "Any Talent combination",
  Helplink = "none",
  Help = [[Version: DBR1.1.01, All Talents are Supported!]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=2,
  Mythic=2,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      LoopLimit=12,
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence [combat] reset=combat  Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Thrash, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Moonfire",
      },
        "/cast Thrash",
        "/cast Mangle",
      PostMacro={
        "/cast [combat] Frenzied Regeneration",
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Thrash",
      },
    },
    [2] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      LoopLimit=12,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/castsequence Moonfire, Maul",
      },
        "/cast Mangle",
        "/cast Mangle",
        "/cast Mangle",
      PostMacro={
        "--/cast [combat] Frenzied Regeneration",
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Thrash",
      },
    },
  },
}
1 Like

<Reserved02>

thank you very much, amazing macros.Just tested and must say I am really impressed. Keep up the good work

love your macros and i cant wait to log in later to try this one

Good morning, this rotation will serve me for a druid guardian tauren for mythic and raid, actualy i leveling my bear but I want to have optimum for these areas and thus help my guild, I am interested in the rotations focused on survival and healing itself to maximize :slight_smile:

[quote quote=51031]Good morning, this rotation will serve me for a druid guardian tauren for mythic and raid, actualy i leveling my bear but I want to have optimum for these areas and thus help my guild, I am interested in the rotations focused on survival and healing itself to maximize ???
[/quote]

Yes it should work fine for you. I use this everyday in Mythics+ , Normal and Heroic Raid. I generally parse in the 70%-90% range on warcraftlogs depending on the fight and group comp.

As a Tauren the only thing that I would say is that you can either replace or remove the line:
ā€œ/cast [combat] Berserkingā€,
in the ā€œkeypressā€ section with:
ā€œ/cast [combat] War Stompā€,
Your option is to either rewrite the line as I have said and it will War Stomp on CD (Not ideal but if you have a bad habit of not ever using your Racial stun then at least you would get some use out of it this way). Ideally you would just remove or ignore this line and manually cast your racial to optimize stuns.

Please let me know if you have any issues or questions.

Hi, good morning,
I decided to put the ability to stun on a separate button as you told me that is the most optimal, now, I would like to read what are the talents that you normally use or if you have one for one occasion and others for another, Since I have an addon to create talent profiles :slight_smile:

[quote quote=51050]Hi, good morning, I decided to put the ability to stun on a separate button as you told me that is the most optimal, now, I would like to read what are the talents that you normally use or if you have one for one occasion and others for another, Since I have an addon to create talent profiles ???
[/quote]

I run many different talent setups depending on the fight and needs. Iā€™ll try to break it down for you though:
Tier 15: Brambles for DPS, Bristling Fur for High damage High Def fights (Kilā€™jaeden), Blood Frenzy for everything else.

Tier 30: Guttural Roars is what most people run, Intimidating Roar I only use in Mythic+ on Necrotic weeks, Wild Charge is my personal goto as I hate not being able to charge.

Tier 45: Balance affinity for pretty much all occasions unless you don;t intend to accidentally pull the whole instance in a tight quartered area (Court of Stars I am talking about you). No reason to ever take Feral really, and Resto only if your healers need the extra help or there are no adds to pick up where the extra range from Balance helps out.

Tier 60: Personal pref. whichever CC you feel helps you the most in your current situation.

Tier 75: Soul of the Forest should never be taken over the other 2 (that being said I have the SoF Ring that I use frequently for High Defense fights), Incarnation when you need an extra Defensive CD and or you need to be able to have on demand burst damage and generally a better choice for pure single target fights, Galactic Guardian for DPS and AOE/picking up adds fights.

Tier 90: Earthwarden=never used, Guardian of Elune in almost every situation, Survival of the Fittest if you really feel your only way to live is to have more frequent access to SI and barkskin. It is also arguably better in terms of DPS if you also take Brambles as your Tier 15 talent, but for me I sim nearly the same so I generally stick with Guardian of Elune.

Tier 100: Rend and Tear if you donā€™t have/use Luffa Wraps then there are probably cases that Pulverize is better, but with Luffa you are always better off with Rend and Tear. For me when I don;t have Luffas on the difference between Pulverize and Rend and Tear is so minimal in terms of survival that I generally stick with Rend and Tear anyway as it is basically passive and is one less thing to manage. You may have noticed that I did not mention Lunar Beamā€¦ Essentially I never use this talent (There are a couple of cheese mechanics that you can take advantage of with this but it is really far and between, not worth mentioning in your fledgling bear career.

So I think that outlines my general thought process but I understand that you may still be saying ā€œWTF? I just wanna know what talents to use!ā€ lol. So here is a General statement and a good place to start.
Mythic Dungeons I usually run this: 1113331
Normal and Heroic ToS (Fights we have on farm): 1111321
High Defensive fights or progression (absolutely run this on Kilā€™Jaeden): 2331221
for a good mix of surivabilty/DPS: 3113221

The beauty of my macro is that you can freely Talent swap any Tier and it will perform.

Hello Darkonius,

Nice marco. Somehow i notice when i used the marco, it keeps spamming moonfire. Is there something i did wrong? I am spec Glactical Guardian

Good Monging, thanks for the long and excellente explanation, i have a question, what is the timer for this macro if i use auto hotkey? or is better use manually?, thanks :slight_smile:

Hello,
Just wanted to let you know that the defensive macro does not seem to be working for me. Have it properly imported, but when pressed, it does nothing.

[quote quote=52570]Hello Darkonius,
Nice marco. Somehow i notice when i used the marco, it keeps spamming moonfire. Is there something i did wrong? I am spec Glactical Guardian
[/quote]

Iā€™m at work at the moment but I will have a look through things tonight to make sure there is not an error in the version that is posted here. Iā€™ve been using this macro daily in Heroic ToS without issues (I swap between Galactic Guardian and Incarn often depending on the fight). Please let me know if the problem continues and I will attempt to resolve it for you.

[quote quote=52572]Good Monging, thanks for the long and excellente explanation, i have a question, what is the timer for this macro if i use auto hotkey? or is better use manually?, thanks ???
[/quote]

I run mine at 75ms without skipping spells or noticing any issues. That being said the optimal timing is going to be different for everyone based on your PC speed, Internet speed, Server lag, Gear ect. Iā€™d suggest trying it at a few different speeds and find what results work best for you.

[quote quote=52574]Hello, Just wanted to let you know that the defensive macro does not seem to be working for me. Have it properly imported, but when pressed, it does nothing.
[/quote]

Can you give me a bit more information please? ā€œIt does not workā€¦ā€ when you press shift while running the main macro? You have imported the Defense macro and placed it on a separate button to test it and it still does not fire? What talents are you running? Do other macros that use a [shift] modifier work for you?

Iā€™ve had mixed results on how to consistently call one macro from within another in other projects of mine and cannot seem to pin down exactly why. In terms of this particular macro I run it every day for the last few months without issue. Iā€™d love to help understand why its giving you problems but Iā€™m going to need some more info. Thanks.

Hi master, i have issues with 80 ms if i put this talents 1 1 1 3 2 2 1, moonfire is not spamming sometimes, when you are playing heroic ToS what talents use?

Hi Hi,

For my case, moon fire keeps spamming for 3 times consecutively. I am using 180MS due to my country ping.

@i have a ping 66/67 how much ypou have?

[quote quote=52622]Hi master, i have issues with 80 ms if i put this talents 1 1 1 3 2 2 1, moonfire is not spamming sometimes, when you are playing heroic ToS what talents use?
[/quote]
You seem to be a talent short there. Iā€™m not sure exactly what it is that you are trying to say in terms of it ā€œisā€ or it ā€œis notā€ spamming Moonfire. Let me explain what is suppose to happen and why and then you tell me if the macro is not behaving in that way ok?

(this only relates to how and when Moonfire is suppose to fire in the Macro and nothing else) Moonfire is cast anytime you change targets, so if you are Tab target cycling through Mobs you are going to see alot of moonfires going out.
It casts Moonfire once every 12th time the macro completes a cycle. (I recently edited this to only happen when you do not have the Galactic Guardian Talent selected. It is only here to maintain your moonfire DOT on long fights)
It will cast Moonfire more frequently if you have the Galactic Guardian Talent, but it will not cast as soon as GG procs as there is no way to anticipate procs and then have a macro cast based from that proc so the best we can do is guess at a decent pace to have it recast Moonfire and hope that it lines up with procs (If you notice that Moonfire is not firing with procs often enough Iā€™d suggest putting Moonfire on its own button and manually spamming it on GG procs). If it is really bad I can tweak the priority and the timing of it, or explain to you how to do that as I am reluctant as it works very well for me personally as is and this is the first time I am hearing anyone having issue with it.

In terms of what Talents I run in Heroic ToS? Thatā€™s a difficult question as I am constantly adjusting them based on a lot of things. If our group is really strong that night and our Heals are solid I take a more DPS approach to my talents, but if the group is very small or the heals are weak I take a Defensive approach. It also depends on Legendaryā€™s. But to give you a baseline idea I generally run 1111321 for DPS so I run that for the first 6 fights in ToS and then switch to my Defensive bulld for the last 3 which is 2131223. Again that is by no means a set in stone thing (sometimes I take Incarn instead of GG for the extra CD or if I need to help burst some adds down) I also run Luffa and pants most of the time now so Rend and Tear is always my goto last tier talent but without them there are some cases where Pulverize is a better choice for Defense.
At the end of the day the Talent selection is very much situational and you need to have a decent understanding of why certain combinations are better and when. My macro handles all talents because on any given night I may end up using all of them at some point.

I hope this helps, if not PM me and I can try to explain it better or help resolve issues.

[quote quote=52623]Hi Hi,
For my case, moon fire keeps spamming for 3 times consecutively. I am using 180MS due to my country ping.
[/quote]
after reading this and looking back at the macro I can see where this could happen if you have Galactic Guardian talent selected on the start of a fight. it should not as the third use of Moonfire is buried deeper in the priority list but the Priority function of GSE is just a mathematical probability and therefore can sometimes fire spells that are buried deeper in the priority sooner than expected. The first Moonfire is always going to happen when you start Combat or switch targets. The Second I have edited so that it will only fire when you do not have Galactic Guardian Talent and the third only if you do. So the end result should produce no more than 2 Moonfires consecutively at the pull (worst case) and generally should only cast 1. Please try the newest update and let me know if that is not the case.