Forums Forums Classes Druids Archive (Old Patches) 7.3.x – Guardian DarkBear All Talents

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Grunt

Good Monging, thanks for the long and excellente explanation, i have a question, what is the timer for this macro if i use auto hotkey? or is better use manually?, thanks 🙂

Toetag
    Sergeant

Hello,
    Just wanted to let you know that the defensive macro does not seem to be working for me. Have it properly imported, but when pressed, it does nothing.

Darkonius
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Hello Darkonius,
    Nice marco. Somehow i notice when i used the marco, it keeps spamming moonfire. Is there something i did wrong? I am spec Glactical Guardian

I’m at work at the moment but I will have a look through things tonight to make sure there is not an error in the version that is posted here. I’ve been using this macro daily in Heroic ToS without issues (I swap between Galactic Guardian and Incarn often depending on the fight). Please let me know if the problem continues and I will attempt to resolve it for you.

Darkonius
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Good Monging, thanks for the long and excellente explanation, i have a question, what is the timer for this macro if i use auto hotkey? or is better use manually?, thanks ????

I run mine at 75ms without skipping spells or noticing any issues. That being said the optimal timing is going to be different for everyone based on your PC speed, Internet speed, Server lag, Gear ect. I’d suggest trying it at a few different speeds and find what results work best for you.

Darkonius
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Hello, Just wanted to let you know that the defensive macro does not seem to be working for me. Have it properly imported, but when pressed, it does nothing.

Can you give me a bit more information please? “It does not work…” when you press shift while running the main macro? You have imported the Defense macro and placed it on a separate button to test it and it still does not fire? What talents are you running? Do other macros that use a [shift] modifier work for you?

I’ve had mixed results on how to consistently call one macro from within another in other projects of mine and cannot seem to pin down exactly why. In terms of this particular macro I run it every day for the last few months without issue. I’d love to help understand why its giving you problems but I’m going to need some more info. Thanks.

Siegfried Galahad
    Grunt

Hi master, i have issues with 80 ms if i put this talents 1 1 1 3 2 2 1, moonfire is not spamming sometimes, when you are playing heroic ToS what talents use?

Game ME
    Grunt

Hi Hi,

For my case, moon fire keeps spamming for 3 times consecutively. I am using 180MS due to my country ping.

Siegfried Galahad
    Grunt

@i have a ping 66/67 how much ypou have?

Darkonius
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Hi master, i have issues with 80 ms if i put this talents 1 1 1 3 2 2 1, moonfire is not spamming sometimes, when you are playing heroic ToS what talents use?

You seem to be a talent short there. I’m not sure exactly what it is that you are trying to say in terms of it “is” or it “is not” spamming Moonfire. Let me explain what is suppose to happen and why and then you tell me if the macro is not behaving in that way ok?

(this only relates to how and when Moonfire is suppose to fire in the Macro and nothing else) Moonfire is cast anytime you change targets, so if you are Tab target cycling through Mobs you are going to see alot of moonfires going out.
    It casts Moonfire once every 12th time the macro completes a cycle. (I recently edited this to only happen when you do not have the Galactic Guardian Talent selected. It is only here to maintain your moonfire DOT on long fights)
    It will cast Moonfire more frequently if you have the Galactic Guardian Talent, but it will not cast as soon as GG procs as there is no way to anticipate procs and then have a macro cast based from that proc so the best we can do is guess at a decent pace to have it recast Moonfire and hope that it lines up with procs (If you notice that Moonfire is not firing with procs often enough I’d suggest putting Moonfire on its own button and manually spamming it on GG procs). If it is really bad I can tweak the priority and the timing of it, or explain to you how to do that as I am reluctant as it works very well for me personally as is and this is the first time I am hearing anyone having issue with it.

In terms of what Talents I run in Heroic ToS? That’s a difficult question as I am constantly adjusting them based on a lot of things. If our group is really strong that night and our Heals are solid I take a more DPS approach to my talents, but if the group is very small or the heals are weak I take a Defensive approach. It also depends on Legendary’s. But to give you a baseline idea I generally run 1111321 for DPS so I run that for the first 6 fights in ToS and then switch to my Defensive bulld for the last 3 which is 2131223. Again that is by no means a set in stone thing (sometimes I take Incarn instead of GG for the extra CD or if I need to help burst some adds down) I also run Luffa and pants most of the time now so Rend and Tear is always my goto last tier talent but without them there are some cases where Pulverize is a better choice for Defense.
    At the end of the day the Talent selection is very much situational and you need to have a decent understanding of why certain combinations are better and when. My macro handles all talents because on any given night I may end up using all of them at some point.

I hope this helps, if not PM me and I can try to explain it better or help resolve issues.

Darkonius
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Hi Hi,
    For my case, moon fire keeps spamming for 3 times consecutively. I am using 180MS due to my country ping.

after reading this and looking back at the macro I can see where this could happen if you have Galactic Guardian talent selected on the start of a fight. it should not as the third use of Moonfire is buried deeper in the priority list but the Priority function of GSE is just a mathematical probability and therefore can sometimes fire spells that are buried deeper in the priority sooner than expected. The first Moonfire is always going to happen when you start Combat or switch targets. The Second I have edited so that it will only fire when you do not have Galactic Guardian Talent and the third only if you do. So the end result should produce no more than 2 Moonfires consecutively at the pull (worst case) and generally should only cast 1. Please try the newest update and let me know if that is not the case.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘7.3.x – Guardian’ is closed to new topics and replies.