DarkBoom All Talents

Updated to reflect what I am currently running in patch 7.3 for my Boomy

Single Target:

Sequences['DarkBoom7.3-ST'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Darkmanz",
  SpecID=102,
  Talents = "2???213",
  Help = [[Version: s1.7.30 Talents: any Starsurgespec single target]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='Spell_Nature_StarFall',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=8,
      KeyPress={
        "/use [stance:0/3/5] Moonkin Form",
        "/use [stance:1, notalent:3/2] Moonkin Form",
        "/use [stance:2, notalent:3/1] Moonkin Form",
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence [stance:4, talent:6/3] reset=combat  Blessing of the Ancients, null",
        "/cast [combat] Celestial Alignment",
        "/cast [combat] Berserking",
        "/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat  Sunfire, Moonfire, null",
        "/castsequence [nomod,combat] reset=target  Moonfire, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Sunfire",
      },
        "/cast [mod:alt] Starsurge",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Regrowth",
        "/cast [mod:shift,@cursor] Starfall",
        "/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat  Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike",
        "/cast [nomod] New Moon",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

And the Multiple Target:

Sequences['DarkBoom7.3-MT'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Darkmanz",
  SpecID=102,
  Talents = "3???112",
  Help = [[Version: mt1.1.03 Talents: any AOE Starfall]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      LoopLimit=7,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt, @player] Regrowth",
        "/castsequence [stance:4, talent:6/3] reset=combat  Blessing of the Ancients, null",
        "/cast [combat] Berserking",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Sunfire, Moonfire, null",
        "/castsequence [combat] reset=target  Moonfire, null",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Moonfire, null",
        "/castsequence [mod:shift, @Cursor] reset=2  Starsurge, Starsurge, Starsurge, Starfall, Starsurge",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Sunfire",
      },
        "/cast [@player] Starfall",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Lunar Strike, Lunar Strike, Lunar Strike, Lunar Strike, Moonfire",
        "/cast [@cursor] Starfall",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath, Starsurge",
        "/cast [@cursor] Starfall",
        "/cast New Moon",
        "/cast [@player] Regrowth",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Change log:

6/26/17-Edited to correct the first lines of the ST macro to include the sequence
6/26/17-Edited to comment out the @player Starfall. If you have the Bracers I would remove the Comment tag so that it uses the Starfall. (I'm working on a better solution but to be clear: Remove the "--" that appear before the /cast [@player, combat] Starfall line if you want it to cast the Starfall).
10/27/17-Updated to the current version that I am runnig

<reserved>

<Reserved2>

You need to fix the first macro as it’s missing the Sequence line.

It appears to work fine for me but i am a fairly new Druid at 110 at 830 equiped and AK40/38/808 weapon and without any kind of Legendary.

Starts off with a nice burst but then settles to around 280K for me.

Also not a fan of the @player for Starfall, but that’s a personal preference :slight_smile:

Cymiryc,

I’m sorry but what is the first one missing? I may have missed something in the copy/paste last night. It was late lol.

As for the @player Starfall, yeah it is pretty much useless to anyone not wearing the Bracers. I’ll put a condition on it to only cast if the player is wearing them. Though I’m still not sure about it as it got me into trouble in Court of Stars Mythic +10 yesterday. That place is tight quarters and I kept pulling extra mobs with the Stellar Drift Starfalls. More attention to player placement will probably help but there are places that I really wish it was not casting them at all. I’ll play around with it

This is the type of feedback that I’d really like to get from the community, normally I have a chance to fully vet my own macros before posting, but as I am Mainspec Guardian now I don;t have as much time on this. All feedback is welcome, Even the “I hate your macro” just please let me know why, like “It does not cast enough…” ect.

Thank you

You’re missing the very first line of Sequence with the macros name, you have only posted from the 2nd line at Author. This means the macro will not import :slight_smile:

Ah yes I see it now, Thank you very much I’ll fix it now. Like I said it was late last night and my brain was foggy lol.

I am working on fine tuning this Macro and adding in some conditions for other talents. One of the big problems that I am trying to tackle right now is how to deal with Macros that are tuned for a specific set of legendary items. Example the above macros work great for me with the Bracer’s and SotF ring because I tuned it for that, but not so great for others. I find that I switch my legendary items out a lot depending on the content.

My initial thought is that I would create a different Macro tuned for a specific Legendary but I really do not like that idea because I don’t want 10 extra macros sitting in my macro library (I also play Bear, Feral, and Resto so I barely have room for a couple).

The other thought is that I can make different versions within the macro. I like this idea more, but I am concerned that the length will become crazy, I might even reach the length of Cymeric’s Macros! lol <joking>

I’d like to know your thoughts if you all have any on how you would like to see it presented. I think I will proceed with the idea that I will make a “Basic” no legendary macro in a code block and go from there. Each new macro I will put in a new code block in the initial post and then it will be up to you guys to merge into a new version of the original macro.

Thanks

doesnt seem to recast sunfire,moonfire

[quote quote=50432]doesnt seem to recast sunfire,moonfire
[/quote]I just added this to the end of the “KeyPress” section and it’s been working great.
Make sure to unbind the ALT key in your Key Bindings.
/castsequence [nochanneling, mod:alt] Moonfire, Sunfire

[quote quote=50432]doesnt seem to recast sunfire,moonfire
[/quote]

I don’t ever have an issue with Moonfire. That being said it could come down to a haste difference as I have it tuned to recast moonfires for me just before they drop off, but it is based on how fast it cycles through the rotation. Sunfire however yeah I have notices I need to manually recast occasionally. I’ve been meaning to get around to editing this to include something along the lines of what Burx has done

[quote quote=50457]

doesnt seem to recast sunfire,moonfire

I just added this to the end of the “KeyPress” section and it’s been working great. Make sure to unbind the ALT key in your Key Bindings. /castsequence [nochanneling, mod:alt] Moonfire, Sunfire [/quote]

But I play main spec Guardian now and time slips past me. I’ll try to clean some things up with this later this week.

I was wondering if you ever had a chance to get back to “cleaning things up” :stuck_out_tongue: I have been using this macro and I sometimes get great results and sometimes get really lack luster results. I was wondering, if anyone knows, I use a razer naga and I can set a delay (the same delay for AHK would be fine) but what should I set the delay at? No matter where I set it, I still get the same good / bad results. ALSO can you remove (I would remove it on my end, no need to change the post) the lines that would change you into mookin form. Seems silly imo to have them fire over and over if you are already in moonkin form, OR is there a reason they are left in there?

Thanks… Krakr

[quote quote=54713]I was wondering if you ever had a chance to get back to “cleaning things up” ??? I have been using this macro and I sometimes get great results and sometimes get really lack luster results. I was wondering, if anyone knows, I use a razer naga and I can set a delay (the same delay for AHK would be fine) but what should I set the delay at? No matter where I set it, I still get the same good / bad results. ALSO can you remove (I would remove it on my end, no need to change the post) the lines that would change you into mookin form. Seems silly imo to have them fire over and over if you are already in moonkin form, OR is there a reason they are left in there?
Thanks… Krakr
[/quote]

I have a version on my Druid currently that I play daily. I need to push that version to the post, but I need to clean up a couple of things with it still. I’ve been extremely busy lately dealing with some Real Life issues, but things are getting better on that front and I should have some time soon to clean things up a bit on all of my macros and finally get my Feral version back up again as well.

In terms of the Moonkin Form… It’s really a personal preference thing. I like to have it in there because I can fly in on WQ in flight form, hit the macro, and not have to do anything else. Or in Raid if I open from Stealth it takes care of it. That being said I have noticed/experienced some slow opening sequences and I may play around with taking it out to see if that helps a bit. I can provide a version without it, but you can also always just delete that line, or better (IMO) comment it out in case you ever want it back in you can always just un-comment it. to comment just add 2 – in front of the line. i.e.:

ingame edit:
–/cast [condition] Spell
or if you are editing in notepad:
"–/cast [condition] Spell",

Keep using your macro for one week and it performs well. A BIG THANKS. But there’s a few questions:

1. I played balanced druid recently, so I have wrist and old ring only. When I run single target with this macro, I use 232 talent as the last three lines of the talent. The effect is much better the 112. Macro is still the same. The only extra thing is I cast the free starfall manually.
  2. When I use the multi macro, the performance is not stable. Sometimes, it run a high DPS as 1.8-2.3m, but most of the time it’s 500k to 700k. Did you have the same problem?
    Oh, forgot to post my stats. I have 18% crit, 19% haste and 100% mastery. As my friend told me I should get my haste to 25%, it will be much better.

10/27/17-

Updated to my current versions

[quote quote=54943]10/27/17-
Updated to my current versions
[/quote]

Thank you, I can’t wait to try them out. I noticed the talents now changed for ST vs MT, if you were going to run one more than the other which one would you run, and how much would your DPS suffer doing the one you are not talented into? Also IF you were going to do it that way, would you choose ST or MY? I’m still trying to learn which bosses are considered MT and which are considered ST, and with the old talents (which i think were the same for both) I was just switching the rotation i was using when adds would come out (Harj, KJ, etc). LOL

[quote quote=54832]Keep using your macro for one week and it performs well. A BIG THANKS. But there’s a few questions: 1. I played balanced druid recently, so I have wrist and old ring only. When I run single target with this macro, I use 232 talent as the last three lines of the talent. The effect is much better the 112. Macro is still the same. The only extra thing is I cast the free starfall manually. 2. When I use the multi macro, the performance is not stable. Sometimes, it run a high DPS as 1.8-2.3m, but most of the time it’s 500k to 700k. Did you have the same problem? Oh, forgot to post my stats. I have 18% crit, 19% haste and 100% mastery. As my friend told me I should get my haste to 25%, it will be much better.
[/quote]

I apologize, when I Exported the Macros that were posted here at the time of this post I failed to edit the Talents portion of the information section (by default it fills in whatever talents you are currently running). As is the case with all of my Macros my Goal is to make the macro run without hangups using any talent selection. There are very few classes that can run one set of talents for all content and expect reasonable results. The unfortunate reality is that I find myself swapping talents on a nearly fight by fight basis when Raiding, a different set for Mythic+, and yet another for questing…same goes for PVP.

In terms of your Talent choice for pure single Target you are spot on, and is what I intended to suggest.

As for the AOE version, yes after having an opportunity to run this for several weeks I came to the same conclusion and have since reverted back to my original AOE macro with a few tweeks(currently posted in the original post. I find that this version is very strong for AOE pulls.

[quote quote=54947]

10/27/17- Updated to my current versions

Thank you, I can’t wait to try them out. I noticed the talents now changed for ST vs MT, if you were going to run one more than the other which one would you run, and how much would your DPS suffer doing the one you are not talented into? Also IF you were going to do it that way, would you choose ST or MY? I’m still trying to learn which bosses are considered MT and which are considered ST, and with the old talents (which i think were the same for both) I was just switching the rotation i was using when adds would come out (Harj, KJ, etc). LOL [/quote]

(Please see my reply to another users question that was similar above.)
I tend to use the AOE macro and talents more than the single, but I also do not Raid as Boomy much any more. You may have to play around with each a bit and just see which performs better on a fight by fight basis. its also always a good idea to take a look at the logs from the fights in question worldwide and see what talent setup everyone else is running. Either macro will work with ANY talent selection, but the recommended talents are more optimized for each particular macro. Your experience may be different than others based on stats and gear ect. I encourage you to test different talent choices and see what works for you.

Thanks for the update. I tested for a little while. Honestly, the MT improve a lot but the ST is not as good as the old one. So if possible, could you please paste the old ST as well? Also another question, in raid we can change our talent, but how can we do in mythic+? Normally I use 112 in mythic+, but for this macro, how we do dps on boss if there’s no adds?

Sequences['DarkBoomST'] = {
-- 该序列导出自GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Darkmanz",
  SpecID=102,
  Talents = "3???112",
  Help = [[Beta Version: s1.1.02 Talents: Starsurge spec single target]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=true,
      Neck=true,
      Belt=true,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      LoopLimit=8,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Berserk",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Moonfire, Sunfire, null",
        "/castsequence [combat] reset=target  Moonfire, null",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Moonfire, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Sunfire",
      },
        "/cast Starsurge",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Lunar Strike, Lunar Strike, Lunar Strike, Lunar Strike, Moonfire",
        "/cast Starsurge",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath",
        "/cast Starsurge",
        "/cast New Moon",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Finally I got the old ST macro. Hopefully there’s any other people to compare it with the new one