Demonology Service

EDIT 12/22/17: Substantial update. Assume everything is new.

Fight felfire with felfire. Turn demon on demon. This macro attempts to sunder your enemy via a sheer demonic onslaught.

Sequences['EX_Demo_ST'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Exlynn@Perenolde",
  SpecID=266,
  Talents = "3111223",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/demonology-synergy/",
  Help = [[Single Target - Run at 80ms, 100ms, or manually.
Hold ALT for Drain Life
Hold SHIFT Shadow Bolt/Demonbolt]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=10,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/use [mod:alt] Drain Life",
        "/use [mod:shift] Shadow Bolt",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Doom, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/use Thal'kiel's Consumption",
        "/use Life Tap",
      },
        "/use [combat,nopet] Summon Felguard; Command Demon",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Shadow Bolt, Call Dreadstalkers, Demonic Empowerment",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Hand of Gul'dan, Demonic Empowerment",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Shadow Bolt, Summon Doomguard, Demonic Empowerment",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Shadow Bolt, Grimoire: Felguard, Demonic Empowerment",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/petautocastoff [group] Threatening Presence",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Threatening Presence",
      },
    },
  },
}

Sequences['EX_Demo_AoE'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Exlynn@Perenolde",
  SpecID=266,
  Talents = "3111223",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/demonology-synergy/",
  Help = [[AoE - Run at 80ms, 100ms, or manually.
Hold ALT for Drain Life]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=10,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/use [mod:alt] Drain Life",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Doom, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/use Thal'kiel's Consumption",
        "/use Life Tap",
      },
        "/use [combat,nopet] Summon Felguard; Command Demon",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demonwrath, Call Dreadstalkers, Demonic Empowerment",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demonwrath, Hand of Gul'dan, Demonic Empowerment",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demonwrath, Hand of Gul'dan, Demonic Empowerment",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demonwrath, Summon Infernal, Demonic Empowerment",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demonwrath, Grimoire: Felguard, Demonic Empowerment",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/petautocastoff [group] Threatening Presence",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Threatening Presence",
      },
    },
  },
}

This macro tries to hit the targets every Demonologist should be aiming for: Soul Shard generation for maximum Wild Imps uptime, DreadStalkers on CD, and plenty of Demonic Empowerment. I have attempted to put together a cohesive, high performance macro that should successfully hit these targets more often than not, bringing some top-tier DPS along with it.

Macro Notes
This macro uses talent choices that are designed to work best in all situations. Other talents, such as Grimoire of Synergy for single target, or Implosion for AoE, have been passed over in favor for a more solid kit whatever you are doing. This means you might find better numbers by choosing these talents, but only in certain situations, and will experience an overall loss of DPS compared to my setup.

I have also designed this macro to be spammed at 80ms, 100ms, or manually tapped.

If you find yourself low on health, hold ALT and spend a cycle Draining Life.

Talents and Explanation
Demonic Calling - Save your Shards for Hand of Gul’dan, this helps you do just that. Shadowy Inspiration can cut ramp up time off of a fight, but only Demonic Calling works in both ST and AoE situations, and is the superior DPS.

Impending Doom - Let’s face it, Demonology is not great for AoE. Implosion can make up for that, but it’s an AoE-only talent. Impending Doom works for both ST and AoE and is the best choice. When talented it ticks and creates imps faster than the cooldown on Call Dreadstalkers, and in AoE situations you will spawn hordes.

(Your Choice) - Choose what you prefer. Demonic Circle is my choice.

Hand of Doom - It’s a little harder to justify this over Soul Harvest, which is a great cooldown if you need some extra burst. However, Hand of Doom is the fastest way to spread Doom to multiple targets, which makes it pair great with the Darkglare if you talent into that later. The reason why it’s here, though, is because removing the need to cast Doom ever again in a fight increases DPS by allowing for more casts of important DPS abilities. It’s also another ST and AoE talent.

(Your Choice) - Choose what you prefer. Burning Rush is my choice.

Grimoire of Service - Your Felguard might not do as much damage as a full time Doomguard might, but TWO Felguards blows it out of the water. You’re the Single Target king, own it with this talent. It can help with AoE as well, another demon to wrath with, so it plays well in both areas.

Soul Conduit - You want Soul Shards. They turn into imps. They are Dradstalkers. They are more imps.

Known Issues

1. RNG - I have attempted to keep RNG down to a planned minimum, but it’s still there. You might not get enough shards for the best Hand or maybe cast a few Shadow Bolts when you’re already capped. I’ve tried to minimize this as much as possible. I have, with the same macro gotten both over sim DPS and way under it. But I have at least minimized this difference as much as I think I can.
  2. Locking up - If this macro locks up on you it’s because you’re out of Soul Shards. Hold Shift to get a couple and then let go to resume.
  3. Thal’kiel’s Consumption fires immediately - Yeah…well, this happens from time to time and that’s because of it’s new place in the macro. Intended behavior is for the macro to wait the 8 cycles before it attempts TC, but it might jump straight to it. In a longer fight this won’t matter too much, but it’s a pain in a short fight. Sorry guys, if you know how to fix it let me know.

DPS Numbers
Giving my numbers, in most cases, is not helpful. You will have different gear, different Artifact talents, or different buffs. Instead, I sim my character and attempt to get my macros as close to “Expert” level numbers as possible, which should translate accurately for everyone. Right now, this macro is within 5% of “Expert” level sims.

BONUS - ADDONS
Advanced Interface Options (POSSIBLE DPS INCREASE)
Users have reported that by installing this addon and unchecking the item “Secure Ability Toggle” you will see a DPS increase. Your mileage may vary.

Weak Auras - Thal’kiel’s Demon Counter
This will place a bar on your screen that will keep a demon count and a damage estimate for Thal’kiel’s Consumption. Very handy, do not pass this one over.

Weak Auras - Enslave Demon Timer
If you have Weak Auras and would like to have a handy timer for an enslaved demon, import this code.

Import:
dOtceaGAQk0Uuv8AQkAMcuZwHBsvj)svs9njYTfXoHQ9s2Tk7xi)uGmmf53u60qgQsyWc1WvfhuvIplHJHQohvv1cfqlLQkTyLulhLhQK8uWYePNlQjsvPMkftgkth5IkrxvvLll11L0gfupwPSzQY2vQ(OQK8xuX0uuFxvQrsvvgNay0uvW4vv6Kcq3IQkUMe15rLEMGCyQSnvvT4Lras48H(ZxEwqwq6N0pPFMfKiataMmc(gKNxUjHp9zAAIpnDQ0ui(0Yc4gKNxUjHpxEsGN9OWdxrwqq)mbhq8LcQ52yTdc9OafS2XwzhwMmcNxHdaF6m)8u5P50s)59Fi55NYZcpvHdWCPsH(ppnnp)pLFY)YZpLlj8qcNxKGH1HjJaYn6JKrqsDqizejsagYZdTvhexzeKuhesgrIeWSJwgbj1bHKrKibp7pKB0hjJGK6GqYisKap3gHSNmcsQdcjJircyUTwgbj1bHKrKircyDbYEgUpTaxL5w7ycqhI4SztEgn1ycNxa1FPkRfSCS)lGrXVAyZzbu)LcBpsWctum4UCumUJXSVfqOKMf2EKGfMOyWD5OyChJzFladL9X6TrO9wGBme42i0EByOIIM5llwl8jbedvu0mzeSvZKnHJpGWAbekPXeyFFbDdUkqb1drcEAsqn3CYp9gYdTXPEisRfCUKolJW5fS8Yd3Ehf77oXEcpvWk7rm7ik(3H1omrcW61vppd3NwG)EXV(k8VGfjaRZBccBzrXeZT5t0vefZ1wzrXx)okM6KhlZX4gf7Xq9H9rqMCB(mh2EKGfMOyWD5OyChJzFlWHHHiK9Cdoedvu0SSmcNxgbedvu0mzeqCFAbzYr1SG6179rcCvYkO37JeSYEyiczVSGCDDV3hTG1EOVcGfldoyb1CZPEisbkixx379rq1Zd9vaNvVagoG5f)AeuZnh)5YlAsbkOEisWZWXTzIeupIHkkAMmIejsactWYlpC79RxzpIzhcUAIHHkkAww4PIe4KrWYlpC7DuSV7e7jC(q)5lplyL9iMDef)7WAhMWtdvkTuirc2fo)CkVija

What type of dps are you pulling with your demo lock and thank you for the macro i have a lock i’m wanting to finish up lvling.

[quote quote=37823]What type of dps are you pulling with your demo lock and thank you for the macro i have a lock i’m wanting to finish up lvling.
[/quote]

As I mention above, giving you my DPS as a number won’t amount to much. Mine will raise as I get better gear, yours will be lower starting out. Instead, read my section on numbers above.

item level = 846
intellect = 21,371
Critical strike = 17%
Haste = 16%
Mastery = 39%
Versatility = 9%
Razer mouse set to .080

My dps going through Darkborough averaged between 160K to 200K.

As you can see my gear is crap, but still single target I’ve been very impressed by this sequence. Very smooth with no hang ups. I wasn’t able to give a really good test to AOE mobs because the LFR group I was in was pulling monster aoe dps so I rarely got to fire it off for more then ten seconds.

I’ve been using this macro for lvling for my lock i must say its a very good macro very good dps no hangups even in pvp and bg areas it’s a very good macro Good Job HQ

1 Like

Update: Streamlined the AoE macro. All that extra stuff was causing a huge loss for DPS. Since AoE is all about Demonwrath, why not just stick to sheer numbers? This version outperforms the last by a mile. Snag it in the OP.

Hey Enix, i am searching for a range DD (shadow or WL). I will try your macros and give feedback, when i am a higher level. Thank you for the work you put in !

Small update.

I’ve trimmed the fat a bit in the macro to reduce Demonbolt spam and added a contingency to try to get Thal’kiel’s Consumption to fire when there’s more minions about instead of right away or when there’s nothing to boost the ability.

ST macro now performs within 6% of expert level sims. Pick up the change in the OP.

Tried your updated version.

intellect - 21,277
Crit = 22%
Haste = 17%
Mastery = 42%
Versatility = 4%
ilvl - 847

Granted my gear is still pretty bad. On Xavious I was pulling between 210K and 225K dps. On AOE I was reaching into the 300K’s no problem. Again lfr monster aoe. But on recount I beat another warlock who had his legendary and clearly better gear then me. Way more haste then me and yet with this sequence I was able to out dps him by the end of the fight. Again no hang ups and it ran very smoothly. I think this should get on to the High performance list.

[quote quote=38058]I think this should get on to the High performance list.[/quote] I second this btw… Never had this much fun lvling a lock =)

great macros and job

What would u set AHK ??

If I take the doomguard line out and do it manually do you think it will affect the DPS of the macro?

[quote quote=38061]great macros and job
What would u set AHK ??
[/quote]

[quote quote=38063]If I take the doomguard line out and do it manually do you think it will affect the DPS of the macro?
[/quote]

If you take it out you won’t summon the Doomguard whenever he’s not present or dead. This won’t hurt DPS if your demon never dies or you’re as quick as the macro at replacing him. It will also prevent any lockups if you have a dead demon and no soul shards.

ST update to reduce the amount of >3 shard Hand of Gul’dans.

Excited to try this out tonight. I’ve really stalled on my Lock because I found the Demonology macros to feel real clunky. Hopefully this will get me back in the game.

This one is legit boys. So smooth. Still leveling so I’m not really looking at numbers yet, but man does this thing work well. Very well done. Definitely HP.

Welcome to HP

[quote quote=38138]Welcome to HP
[/quote]

Thanks! Honored to have a second one in.

is it usual that the macro throws out thal’kiels consumption right at the beginning even when there are no imps or dreadstalkers out?

[quote quote=38185]is it usual that the macro throws out thal’kiels consumption right at the beginning even when there are no imps or dreadstalkers out?
[/quote]

It’s one of my known issues. Trying to find a way to delay it reliably, but yes that’s happening right now.