Destro Locks 5.3

anyone have a working macro for single target and aoe for destro lock cant seem to find any working ones ;(

I have posted a few in the 5.1 and 5.2 threads. They seem to work fine for me.

Yes, My main alt is a lock and both do indeed work. Make sure you have the super duper addon. Maybe thats the problem for you.

I did a very minor tweak to Michael’s destro macro he posted here ( Destruction 5.2 - Patch 5.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros ) and wanted a little feed back. I pretty much kept it the same. The only difference is that I took in consideration the way they changed the way priorities work in macros and swapped conflag and chaos bolt and this is what i came up with

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Conflagrate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence reset=0.3 Chaos Bolt
/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Any feedback would be appreciated :smiley:

Only thing with the above macro Relinquo as I have teseted this extensively, Fel Flame is not only a mana hog and does not do any extra dps in a macro. The idea of Fel Flame is to extend an enhanced (trink/weapon/class procced) Immolate and this can only be done effectively in a non macro enviroment. So Fel Flame or not the dps is the same.

The other thing and most important is DS:I should be timed with a 4 stack of embers so with the 4 set bonus you get 5 CB/SB from the DS:I duration. This raises DPS significantly.

As I said in another thread, if you are not level 90 and not raiding it doesn’t matter but if you are raiding at level 90 with decent gear the points I made are the way to go.

I have to agree with Michael on some points.

I have mentioned that Fel Flame will not be useful come 5.4 and even today is not really useful. I have it in my macro just to have it there, it doesn’t increase my DPS it actually lowers it.

DS:I should be timed well with Backdraft and Ember generation. Because ROF is that requirement for now, it doesn’t make a point in a macro to use the 4/5 CB theory. I can easily do over 140k DPS with just my macro that I made a long time ago.

The thing is timing CB with Backdraft the most because it lowers the casting time of Chaos Bolt. Though if you have enough haste, you don’t have to worry about this much anymore either. Also if you have any RPPM trinkets and your meta gem, than it’s not a worry what so ever.

Aye I agree with you both Michael’s, but, I was just offering an option for those not 90 yet or those that are new to destro and is a temp fix until they get the mechanics down or are in some cases ppl who wants a “lazy” macro :stuck_out_tongue: and not too worried about their dps. Out of all of the classes, I think Warlocks are the hardest class to make an optimal rotation macro with all the aspects to take into consideration with Affliction being the worst lol

g’day all Hunt here again got this one im playing with so far so good best dps for gear

let me know what you’s think
always open to criticism we could only emprove from it
Enjoy ```
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target/5 Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate
/cast Chaos Bolt

Hunt Be Hunting

nice one hunt

#showtooltip Incinerate
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [mod:alt]Fire and Brimstone
/castsequence [mod:ctrl]Fel Flame
/castsequence [mod:shift]Immolate;reset=target Immolate,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Conflagrate
/castsequence Incinerate
/use [combat]13

This is a variation of what I was using. Because of how Fire and Brimstone works now, I was finding the old 5.1 and 5.2 ones were using up an ember on Immolates, then again on Incinerate, and generally defeating the purpose of having built of embers to generate some crazy aoe dps. Have yet to test in LFR/reg this week. I use separte ones for Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn as I prefer more control of ember expenditure