DH Havoc Priority not Working

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to build just a MAIN macro for combat which uses:

1: felblade (as pre macro to get close to the enemy)

2: blade dance (first dps ability)
3: chaos strike (second dps only if blade dance is not available)
4: felblade (to recharge fury if blade dance and chaos strike are not available)
5: throw glaive (if nothing else is available)

Now for this macro to work I obviously need the priority sequence to be working. For some reason priority is not working and each time I press the button it goes to the next ability without checking back the first one. It appears as it is always following a sequence. I am using gnome sequencer enhanced downloaded from curse. Did I get something wrong?

This is the code:

Sequences['Main'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="Diaulo@Draenor",
  SpecID=577,
  Talents = "2223311",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast [nochanneling] Felblade",
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Blade Dance",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Strike",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Felblade",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Hi Angelo,

there is noch checking back.
It Checks line by line if castable or not and at the End it starts again from the start.

Priority means cast after cast and again from Start

Maybe you Can Work something Out with castsequences but i dont Understand them really :slight_smile:

Far as I know a checking is generally Not possible.

Ok, thanks, then i might have not understood how the priority lists work.
I thought sequence was going to be:
1st button press = 1st ability
2nd button press = 2nd ability
3rd button press = 3rd ability
and so on…

And priority was going to be:
1st button press = 1st ability
2nd button press = 1st and if not available then 2nd ability
3rd button press = 1st and if not available then 2nd and if not available then 3rd ability
and so on…

If this is not what they do, then still don’t get the difference between the two (sequence and priority)…

I have been fumbeling around with the same problem, and I think, mind you, it’s a guess, but I have seen macros that have a “reset”, I havent tried it, but it might work having a reset after each line

I will try that once I know how it works and will let you know.

It might be the gcd. If you’re mashing the button really fast, the gcd can affect which spell is actually able to fire off. I use priority as well, but my synapse runs at about .4-.5ms that it doesn’t really matter imo.

It might be, I am not using synapse, just mashing the button. What’s weird about it is that when I press the button once I can see it changing to the next spell instead of going back to the first one. It’s a lot like I am not using priority at all.

Actually there is no difference between using priority and sequence in what i am doing. I will see if i can get a video up to show it.

This is what’s happening: WoW GSE Macro Priority vs Sequence . As you can see there is no difference between using Sequence and Priority.

I think you are on the right track Mike, it might be gcd. However I still can’t explain why the macro ends up always at the next spell even if it’s on cd (see when chaos blades is on cd).

I agree that it matters little when you are running something like synapse. (it’s on the -100k range for sustained damage, I did the tests) But if the priority method was to be working as I expected it would have been possible to create an entire rotation with the right priorities.