DM_Steel Affliction BfA

Last Updated September 7, 2018

V 1.4 Update:
I’ve switched to Grimoire of Sacrifice over Haunt. Grimoire ends up being my 2nd or 3rd highest damage ability in dungeons. While soloing, I didn’t find Haunt to be that impactful. I’d say that if you are soloing and not doing any dungeons, use Haunt instead of Grimoire. Just add /cast Haunt after Phantom Singularity. But if you’re doing dungeons at all, Grimoire is a better option 100% of the time.

Siphon Life vs. Absolute Corruption

• Siphon Life is better for PvP
  • Absolute Corruption allows you to always be doing damage in PvE and spend less time refreshing DoTs

Sow the Seeds vs. Phantom Singularity

• Sow the Seeds does quite a bit more DPS if you are regularly fighting 3 or more targets because it can be spammed
  • Phantom Singularity provides a bigger spike, but less AoE damage overall. It is a bigger single target spell though, since Sow the Seeds does nothing for you single target.
    UPDATE:
  • After testing in Heroics with ilvl 311 Sow the Seeds’ damage is really only worth it if you have the Azurite armor perks that buff your Seed of Corruption damage, otherwise Phantom Singularity is just better for bosses, which is where DPS matters most in Heroics. StS might still be better for Mythic trash AoE.

Aff1 V 1.4 (Main Macro Spam)
d8dvdaqCOQwVirVekXUGs12ueNwI7kk5EqPmBv1BffUjf1VGIVPinoOk7uv2ly3i2pXZfmmPYVf6XkmukYGjnCrLdQs8mPQJjPZjsAHIIwQuKfJewoLEOkP8uLwgfwNkPAIsHPkIjROMovxeQKxJeDzuxxfBuuQTQssBgPA7IunnOsnlKYNrsFxKWiHk62IQgTk1FLIYjfPCwvsCnOcNxkTsOKomKpjfvdvibEvyVKD2v4zajWMG(mXdW2BunQ9vyXjBJLb8QWAgnSXRY2qjscqc8Qqc8QWIzGcUOgD4Oonv4zalMbk4bg)dtgSO9D1o8OjAFxTdp41dlMbk4IAmb31UjWd3WIzGcEGX)WKblQOwoWo2CKLk7y6fvuJEJjt7OjQrVXKPD0env86GnXwiuYEfYewtXGBgnSribCyxNZL9Hm8sKa7Y4FyIxqFytSfcLSBazclw42M4pJcmKaVkSygOGlAgJyEkqEwI23pTZaCynzzZOHncjGdlw4wtwoeGe4vHfJJSuzNjC(wrZGeVr28zLXmJMZcEgWIzGcEGX)WKblQOwoWo2CKLk7y6fv0uXRJMO1Pg0eLC(FWbhCyVC87Of2gMB26m)H1mICq)0ioBtNjEjsGmHTXHqLJe4vHTbthD(o8QWIt(NdwtPBs0e0NjE46IEzgLZrEjsOjAtrxuezw0g8a1stuCfcmzWI2WIkeAIIlY8NdbrVqN(Vm8sKiyvW6vIhrhiIOwg9)TIEcSOCXVzROBmfI63SOlZZbrJwrnDJiEmVOBHq9Fq2I3IDrttu6fYSORVI6rrPGfLc2D2kAK8BfTqx024P5PZIsn6I63SOxs5XwCw0CSLYGO(nYfLIdD6I2gpwrxMNfnsx0RfT2toVejIoJYJOYyh2MqLz4vH1CRFxgWRc7MJhP1aEgtWbSjL8CkqFkleQWRcR5w)Umm9pb4vbhCaaUsage Information
PvP Talents: Adaptation, Rot and Decay, Essence Drain, Endless Affliction

You can really use either Sow the Seeds or Phantom Singluarity. I find StS to be better only if you’ve got the Azurite perks that buff your Seed of Corruption damage.

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.09.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Corruption, Agony

Main Sequence: Shadow Bolt, Unstable Affliction, Deathbolt, Agony, Phantom Singularity

KeyRelease: Blood Fury

Note: I added Bloodfury to the KeyRelease because my Warlock is an Orc, just delete that line if you are not an orc.

A-Burst v1.1
d0tqdaWsKI2fjY2ec7tICzrpgrZwkFcPk3Ku1VqO6BifoVKStjSxIDdSFLtdzyur)g0TfQHkPAWQgoPYbPsghsPoMuDoHKfIkAPuPSyQWYf8qKsEkkldbpNQMiQQPsstgPQMoLxlPCvjkpti66izJKOARsuzZOkBNkvtdHuZcv6ZKW3rQ0ijr5WqnAsz8iKCsHu3sIQUgQW9qiSsekhhPI)Iq0sxuLIUWCvEolZnMQuqqufMkULaZlSij0j0JSlm9vMgIuk6cZfLPbdcJVEIKzz2eMEmzawUm4rqGxuLIUOkfDHrCsS38jDOsazUVhsFAer35(obNC0PTtU7rrBNC3j4KJonII7oHii6UZiegZsDkNcqAiiqySKoujWq4MWudiqT06cNcJMzv9q69IQyctnGa1sJGWPWOzw5w2sSpfvXew9qQhtgGIQycRo0B6XKbOOkMyIjm9yafUfnWYG7jWqqGWPW4tbuKqGu0fg)KhMQzsrxyklB6eg)eBAoGnBh53rGDtl3JXiWEaAydbbC3Dqz7iJE(Da02H6mumUP0UQwU7i92UHIZDdUt5ZDKTJ87iE7vqQDsmyxrA7Uuabv7L2PfmeO0ziiyV0EzaVHD0YDx841qKgcc2jko2lTZOIJHGD(4qnfnCi3lT7sbeuTVxAVUggyW4DgcOGQHdiRAV0o)eBAoGntP9OPN75UgM(78tSP5a2SDYaY25bd70WzTDEWWECUJTDuZ92EKeIsPrSrmv4oLp3nnKFpgtgGC31q2Ulfqqf3DAbdbkDgcc4UBAjyh73JXGQ9YaEd7OL7U4XRHinee43X(9ki1ojgqC6Ibg3Dtlb7ED44Dtd53JXKbOscZnmI(srxykldqePu0fgtxsgnFPGqeCimvuCsxCRgcOqk6ctFLPHiR3O8srxmXebUsage Information
Deathbolt is in the main rotation, but it’s not optimal. The best time to use it is if you can get Agony > Corruption > Unstable Affliction x5 > Summon Darkglare > Agony > Phantom Singularity > Deathbolt. I’ve had Deathbolt crit for 70k for me at ilvl 329.

To use this macro, hit Agony, Corruption, then as many Unstable Afflictions as you can/want, then spam this macro.

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.09.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Main Sequence: Summon Darkglare, Agony, Phantom Singularity, Deathbolt

1 Like

I just tested this in a random heroic. This works very good. Damage is nice. I was around 2K most of the time, sometimes higher.

EDIT: I’ve also changed the level 100 talent to Soul Conduit. This way I seem to be able to keep Unstable Affliction up more steadily.

[quote quote=62094]I just tested this in a random heroic. This works very good. Damage is nice. I was around 2K most of the time, sometimes higher.
EDIT: I’ve also changed the level 100 talent to Soul Conduit. This way I seem to be able to keep Unstable Affliction up more steadily.[/quote]

I have the ring for the extra talent. Without it, I’d probably go for Soul Conduit as well.

I’m using this to level a new toon from level 1 and it works thanks!

Great macro; thank you! I just tested in M+12 and LFR. On boss fights, ~2.4k DPS; iLvl 213.

Love it Thank You very much for this macro on raid target dummy I am around 2700-3k

nm, i figgured it out :smiley:

it’s a really nice macro, by far the best currently up, I do have one caveat to ask about, agony is falling off, is there a way to fix it?

[quote quote=63195]nm, i figgured it out ???
it’s a really nice macro, by far the best currently up, I do have one caveat to ask about, agony is falling off, is there a way to fix it?[/quote]

I’m updating the original post with the current version.

what pet are u all using

Felhunter for groups and Voidwalker for solo.

I look forward to trying this on my afflic lock DM Steal would you mind if i posted feed back once i tested it on my lock it low geared. but I do love affliction thank you for taking time to put a well laid out and thought through macro up

I feel like this macro is pretty spot on.

Feedback is always great. I only really play at max level anymore, so I don’t have a chance to see how these work with leveling. If you have any issues, I’ll help if I can.

Dm just finished testing on a dummy on a 173 affliction based lock 16.50 crit 14.36 haste 51.07 mastery

getting some really nice results lowest i got was 1.3 highest i got is 1.6 to 1.8k which is a massive improvement on what i was getting all features fired off for me as they should of.

I didn’t have legos on just heirlooms .

Great build and I look forward to seeing the build grow in BFA 10/10 from me and am not easy to please Putting this in my Mini go to Macro’s for Affliction locks thank you again for a great Build and smooth macro

I’m using this. It works very well.

I made one change - Deathbolt instead of Nightfall.

Dm When you get chance can you check out mini macro review in the discord Your macro is the first oen i reviewed and done a propper write up on thank you again

Gotta have to ask, PvP talents for War Mode? I am getting quite smitten with the new war mode system.

I find PvP talents to be pretty unique to the users playstyle, but the ones I use are:

Adpatation - I’m lazy

Rot and Decay - If I’m spamming Drain Life it’s because I NEED the health. This lets me maintain more damage while having to do that.

Essence Drain - If I’m spamming Drain Life it’s because I NEED the health. This reduces the incoming damage, letting more of my Health drain actually stick around.

Endless Affliction - This is because it’s a bit of a psych out to have more debuffs stacking up on thier screen, and the longer this lasts, the more likely they are to watch to purge the debuff. This also helps Summon Darkglare. I tried Curse of Shadows, but for me, it didn’t really seem like it was doing much.

Overall the 3rd talent is up in the air. Though, Curse of Shadows would be a single target DPS increase, but not all of your damage is damage-over-time, so it’s not quite a 20% increase even 30% of the time. It’s more like a… 5% damage increase on average, at most. Since it’s less than 20% only 30% of the time on a single target at a time.

if u can add pet attack

Just add

/petattack

to the KeyPress or KeyRelease. This is true for any macro you use.

I personally don’t use it because I hate having my pet run off to attack something if I accidentally click the macro.