Forums Forums Demon Hunter Havoc [UPDATED 10/15/18] DV8 DH Havoc (Mythic+ and Raiding)

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    First Sergeant

Ran mythic Zul about 30 minutes ago, seems Chaos Nova on a shift modifier is causing the macro to get stuck and cap 120 fury, then spam demon bite. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. Ended up removing it from modifier (it’s not in the macro as is but I’d advise against adding it).

DV8
    Grunt

Ran mythic Zul about 30 minutes ago, seems Chaos Nova on a shift modifier is causing the macro to get stuck and cap 120 fury, then spam demon bite. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. Ended up removing it from modifier (it’s not in the macro as is but I’d advise against adding it).

Hey Abby – If the macro is getting stuck when using shift as a modifier it generally means you have shift bound to something else in WoW. Make sure you un-assign it and try again. Just tested Chaos Nova on shift and it works fine.

DV8
    Grunt

I am using the most recent update of the macro for this comment **09/30/18**
    This updated version is better than the last version, it casts everything in a nice rotation and i gained dps by switching from the old one to this updated one, I have Meta on Shift, ctrl is Chaos Nova and Alt is Eye Beam. So far this macro is amazing.

Glad to hear it!

Abby
    First Sergeant

Hey Abby – If the macro is getting stuck when using shift as a modifier it generally means you have shift bound to something else in WoW. Make sure you un-assign it and try again. Just tested Chaos Nova on shift and it works fine.

It’s definitely not bound, lol. None of my macro keys with modifiers are bound.

It’s not getting stuck, it’s capping fury at 120 and then only casting demon bite AFTER chaos nova is cast off a modifier.

DV8
    Grunt

It’s definitely not bound, lol. None of my macro keys with modifiers are bound.
    It’s not getting stuck, it’s capping fury at 120 and then only casting demon bite AFTER chaos nova is cast off a modifier.

That’s super weird. I’ve been unable to replicate the issue you’re having.

Is this the macro text you are using?

/cast [mod:shift,nochanneling] Chaos Nova

misawa chief
    Scout

Hey DV8! I love the macro! However I am running into an issue. Everytime I use metamorphosis it only lasts about half a second. Am I doing something wrong? I do not get the full duration of it and I am losing damage. Thanks

misawa chief
    Scout

Never mind…I got it to work. Just had to not use AHK rather use Razer Synapse instead.

DV8
    Grunt

Never mind…I got it to work. Just had to not use AHK rather use Razer Synapse instead.

😀

DV8
    Grunt

**UPDATED 10/05/18** – Immolation Aura now more responsive.

Copy link from OP.

Crankypantz
    Scout

I love this macro. I have tried the others and this one seems to work the best for me. When I’ve observed the rotation, it seems like it is executing it at least as well as I could manually.

The question I have, though, is how close should I be to my sim on a target dummy? Patchwork, 3m, no buffs sims me at 11.7k dps. When I run against a target dummy for that long I am getting about 10.2k dps. Does that seem appropriate or is there something I could be doing better?

I’ve noticed my warlock (which I’ve played for years, so I consider myself fairly proficient) has about the same gap in sim vs reality, but I wanted to check with you folks to see what you think.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.