DW Frost 6.0.2 WIP

Hi guys Long time lurker first time poster here, this is what I have been using thus far for DW but I feel it still needs some work.

#showtooltip soul reaper
/castsequence reset=8/target howling blast, Howling Blast, plague strike, frost strike, soul reaper, howling blast, frost strike, plague strike

Right off the bat the trick is rune management more so than runic power, as ideally plague strike is not really needed, but its there only as a filler to used the UH runes and stagger the rest, to minimise down time of nothing waiting for blood or frost runes for HB. It also adds blood fever in case you have gone the Plague leech routed. If your like me also and using Blood tap, for some reason it does not always grant a charge when I frost strike.

you could drop then for Oblit and drop some HB ad try 2H frost and it should work.

This is still in the experiment stage for me and I just put here so greater minds can perfect and others use to get out of trouble, I was doing top 3 dps still in SoO with it too. I have bee tweaking it and can get more dps out of it however the higher I go the more downtime periods I experienced. the one I posted here is the best balance I can find so far or rune management and keep things plodding along

[quote quote=16552]Hi guys Long time lurker first time poster here, this is what I have been using thus far for DW but I feel it still needs some work.<p abp=“168”>

<p abp=“169”>#showtooltip soul reaper<br abp=“170”>
/castsequence reset=8/target howling blast, Howling Blast, plague strike, frost strike, soul reaper, howling blast, frost strike, plague strike

<p abp=“171”>Right off the bat the trick is rune management more so than runic power, as ideally plague strike is not really needed, but its there only as a filler to used the UH runes and stagger the rest, to minimise down time of nothing waiting for blood or frost runes for HB. It also adds blood fever in case you have gone the Plague leech routed. If your like me also and using Blood tap, for some reason it does not always grant a charge when I frost strike.

<p abp=“172”>you could drop then for Oblit and drop some HB ad try 2H frost and it should work.

<p abp=“173”>This is still in the experiment stage for me and I just put here so greater minds can perfect and others use to get out of trouble, I was doing top 3 dps still in SoO with it too. I have bee tweaking it and can get more dps out of it however the higher I go the more downtime periods I experienced. the one I posted here is the best balance I can find so far or rune management and keep things plodding along

[/quote]
Thanks for the Macro, gave it a quick try on a dummy, How come no Obliterate?

I did have oblit originally, however as it consumes a frost and UH rune I found it caused some down time, ultimately you could drop the plague for oblit but you would also have to tweak when HB should go off to minimise being rune starved, or hops you had blood tap stacks to fire off. its still a work in progress

Obliterate should not be used in DW Frost spec. You do more damage with Frost Strike.

Ok I have been at it again and now use this .

#showtooltip soul reaper /startattack /castsequence reset=11/target Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Frost Strike, Soul reaper, Howling Blast, Frost strike, Plague Strike, /use Outbreak /use Pillar of Frost /use empower rune weapon

For those curious my build is 2,2,1,1,1,2
for now I have kept it 255 character friendly until add-ons have been updated t a point they don’t break stuff.

I manually press Plague Leech and Blood Tap for now. firstly as PL was not firing off if I had in the macro for some reason and putting it in the cast sequence would cause a lock up should I not have diseases up.

let me know if any issues or improvements.

[quote quote=16738]Ok I have been at it again and now use this .<p abp=“282”>

<p abp="284"> #showtooltip soul reaper<br abp="285"> /startattack<br abp="286"> /castsequence reset=11/target Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Frost Strike, Soul reaper, Howling Blast, Frost strike, Plague Strike,<br abp="287"> /use Outbreak<br abp="288"> /use Pillar of Frost<br abp="289"> /use empower rune weapon
<p abp="290">For those curious my build is 2,2,1,1,1,2<br abp="291"> for now I have kept it 255 character friendly until add-ons have been updated t a point they don’t break stuff.

<p abp=“292”>I manually press Plague Leech and Blood Tap for now. firstly as PL was not firing off if I had in the macro for some reason and putting it in the cast sequence would cause a lock up should I not have diseases up.

<p abp=“293”>let me know if any issues or improvements.
[/quote]
Hi John, thanks for the updated macro, gonna give it a try, I’ll let you know how it is working for me. Respect to everyone that is spending their time trying to make these Macros and sharing them for us to use.

Only being playing DW for a couple of months, so I’m a bit of a noob. Thanks for the info.

Thank you friend!
I will test your macro.

Actually, Obliterate should be used as it is a better way to spend unholy runes after the first Plague Strike/Blood Plague is applied. It has a 45% chance to “refund” your frost rune via free Howling Blast and it empowers the HB with 20% increased damage as well. How to macro it properly however, that’s another story. Even the other, more recently posted, macro doesn’t have Obliterate and I plan to change that once servers come back up and I can get some testing in.

For future reference: Frost Death Knight DPS Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities - Dragonflight 10.0.5 - World of Warcraft - Icy Veins

yup agree completely, last i checked the iceyveins before making this macro, it was slightly out of date and still in beta with its analysis however I read the authors own blog as he had more info since his IV post.

Anyway originally I did run oblit in there and it did produce more dps but in the long run was spikey and there were moments where it could hang the macro waiting for runes. I was aiming for was a combination that could cycle through with little to no downtime, which often nets a dps gain in longer fights. after Mondays SoO run with the guild I was giving the top dpsers a run for their money, doing 11k plus on normal Garrosh at my so so 540 gear, which made me smile. There are some more macros popping up in these forums I am going to give a red hot go and see how they compare.