Endgame DPS macro - GSE

Note-- Any updates or changes i make to this macro, i will edit this first post and then make a separate post just saying its updated–

Ive made top performing dps/heal macros over the last couple years for resto druid, mm hunter, destro and demo lock, and now that im scrapping my 860 destro lock, im going enhance sham and this is what i came up with.

Feral Spirit is on separate button (also a good idea to keep storm strike on separate also along with all the other abilities but this is a good one button masher)

I sustain with no buffs and no lust, at ilvl 852 on raid dummy in class hall 230k dps with mediocre SS procs. Opening burst ive hit over 500k and held a sustain over 300k dps for about a minute, but thats dependant on procs as we all know.

Note that that dps is on a toon that isnt even a week old, 5 days to be exact, and ive cleared 5/7 heroic with it already. Half my gear isnt optimized and i even got a blue or two on yet. Brand new toon fml.

I did a +4 mythic darkheart with raging affix with 8 minutes left on timer and i was top dps as reference.

Sometimes the priority list doesnt setup right, just be sure its set to 1,12,123,1234

Sequences['ENHdps1'] = {
author="Windfuhrerr@Thrall",
specID=263,
version=54,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast !Stormstrike",
"/castsequence Boulderfist, Crash Lightning",
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/castsequence  reset=/target  Flametongue, Frostbrand",
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Lava Lash",
PostMacro=[[
/use Doom Winds
]],
}

Thanks for sharing! Do you have any aoe macros? Or the same one has aoe?

[quote quote=34972]Thanks for sharing! Do you have any aoe macros? Or the same one has aoe?
[/quote]

Aoe will sustain with this macro decently but in reality, keep up boulderfist, hit crash lightning and mash stormstrike. Can macro that easy enough with the in game macro system.

Others have aoe macros, they are all the same (include bf, ss and cl)

Easy enough to do on separate buttons really lol

Updated - Removed Lava Lash as a separate line at end of macro and added it behind frostbrand in the last line / in the castsequence line. Also added ! infront of storm strike. If i remember right “!” gave it priority if it was available.

This macro is identical to many of the others already posted here on the forums. However, adding in the GSStaticPriority ups my DPS considerably.

I’m nearly identical stats as your Shaman, and I’m parsing on a Target dummy at 230k DPS, without the use of a 2nd macro.

Great work, as this now parses higher than any other setup here on the forums.

[quote quote=34993]This macro is identical to many of the others already posted here on the forums. However, adding in the GSStaticPriority ups my DPS considerably.
I’m nearly identical stats as your Shaman, and I’m parsing on a Target dummy at 230k DPS, without the use of a 2nd macro.
Great work, as this now parses higher than any other setup here on the forums.
[/quote]

Nice, glad to hear it.

Yeah i never look at anyone elses macro’s. I been doing these for years and i just make them in game, use it open world, raid,etc - “field test it” lol and then i post here, as ive done with many other classes and specs. :slight_smile:

Went through LFRs tonight using your macro. Ranked anywhere from 49-61 percentile. After watching the rotation long enough, I might try doing the rotation myself, I’m not sure.

Then again, 230k is pretty damn good… so maybe I won’t need to do it myself. haha

[quote quote=35017]Went through LFRs tonight using your macro. Ranked anywhere from 49-61 percentile. After watching the rotation long enough, I might try doing the rotation myself, I’m not sure.
Then again, 230k is pretty damn good… so maybe I won’t need to do it myself. haha
[/quote]

Going off logs an on rng spec isnt really accurate of performance. If you have a dry spell of no SS procs for 20-30 seconds it will sink your numbers regardless of if you manually keypress or spam macro. No procs-no damage.

Being said, on the high percentile logs, they probably never got targeted by mechanics that has them move out of attack range and probably had good SS proc rates. Both together is going to skyrocket the log / parse percentage vs if you get hit by every movement mechanic and get shit proc rate, well, you get the idea.

Also, those top logs usually incorporate the old war potion which is significant in end fight dps numbers. Being said, from my experience with enhance sham so far and with logs in general, if it says you are at 60%/blue, and you didnt pot, flask or have food, its more or less realistically 75%-85% in terms of performance of the class depending on how good you juke floor shit and stay within attack range/etcetcetc

In a mythic +4 last night i out dps’d a hunter and feral, both 8-10 item levels higher than me / was at 278k at the end of the fight (last boss of DHT), which given i wasnt pott’d, flasked, or food’d, just used lust, performance wise for my ilvl would have been around 95% if i logged it.

I changed your macro around a little bit got it to hit about 8-10k more Don’t know why but here it is.

Sequences['ENHdps1'] = {
author="Windfuhrerr@Thrall",
specID=263,
version=1,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro=[[
/run x=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX") SlashCmdList.UI_ERRORS_OFF()
/cancelaura Ghost Wolf
]],
"/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling]!Stormstrike",
"/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Boulderfist",
"/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Crash Lightning",
"/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling]  Flametongue, Frostbrand, Lava Lash",
PostMacro=[[
/use Doom Winds
/run SlashCmdList.UI_ERRORS_ON() SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",x)
]],
}

Ill try it out but being an rng dependant spec, its always good to do like 10x 5 minutes parses and then see how good it works.

How many/how long of parses did you do / try it in raid/open world/etc?

I did 5x 3 minute parses for your version and my version and this is the results. Im 854 ilvl, no neck enchant, draenor cloak enchant.

Note- no pots, flask, lust, or food was used. Neither did i use Feral Spirit as to eliminate RNG because each element of dogs does different damage so i didnt use as to keep as much RNG out of it as possible to get a true bottom line number for the minimum dps each macro will do.

Most procs ive seen/done in a 3 minute parse has been 62, So i am basing the low/moderate/high based on that number.

Your Version-
Parse1- 195k - Very Low SS procs (20 hits)
Parse2- 189k - Low to Moderate SS procs (29 hits) - Shit crit luck on this one lol
Parse3- 217k - Low SS procs (25 hits) Very good crit luck (these last two were oddballs)
Parse4- 207k - Low to Moderate ss procs - (31 hits) Got about 15 chained in a row there in the middle / was sitting at about 150k till that string of SS’s
Parse5- 187k - Low SS procs (29 hits) Long dry spell in this one
—AVERAGE 199k dps

My Version-
Parse1- 213k - Low to Moderate ss procs (33 hits)
Parse2- 225k - Moderate SS procs (45 hits)
Parse3- 201k - Very low SS procs - (21 hits)
Parse4- 202k - Very low SS procs - (23 hits)
Parse5- 207k - Low to Moderate SS procs (31)
—AVERAGE 209.6k dps

Testing Notes - I noticed in your version that i was more often then not starved on maelstrom and couldnt get off quite a few stormstrikes. Why this is, not sure at the moment till i go through your macro but it seems that it played a major role in its consistently lower sustain dps numbers in comparison to my original macro. Your seems smoother activation wise / flow from ability to ability, but throughout the testing as a whole, I saw them hit equal numbers burst (250-270k) but the sustain was higher on my original. Being that its the same sequence of abilities, it might have something to do with the firing order as i also noticed that my average stormstrike hit was about 7k higher, lending me to believe that one or more of the buffs consistently wore off and wasnt refreshed on yours vs mine when stormstrike was hit. They are generally the same macro with minor differences. Why this all is, i dont know but there are the numbers.

91XtremeRT what is your ahk or razer synapse speed?
i use gs macro’s alot and got the speed basic on 0.75 but i got the feeling in legion we need slower click speed

[quote quote=35078]91XtremeRT what is your ahk or razer synapse speed? i use gs macro’s alot and got the speed basic on 0.75 but i got the feeling in legion we need slower click speed
[/quote]

I manually keypress everything. I dont want to risk account ban from using a program like that. I had one account ban back in wrath and cant risk it again.

But by manually mashing my thumb button for the macro on my g600 mouse, i hit at a speed of about .28 to .40

What would be a good variation of the OP’s macro when using Ancestral Swiftness ? I tried using the macro as it is and i just removed Frostband from the castsequence, but the results where much worse than when using the original macro with frostband. Whats funny is that on the simulation, i should be doing way more dps with Ancestral Swiftness than what i am doing right now with Frostband ? The difference on the simulation is more than 15k. So could anyone suggest a variation of the OP’s macro for use with AS ?

I don’t know of any Sim that puts Ancestral above Hailstorm, so not sure what you are looking at. But if you want to spec AS, here is the macro that I use: (just make sure you are spamming the hell out of Stormstrike along with the macro as well)

Sequences['Spitz_Enh'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Spitz",
helpTxt = "ST - 3212112 ",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast !Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Lava Lash",
"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}

[quote quote=35045]I changed your macro around a little bit got it to hit about 8-10k more Don’t know why but here it is.

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'ENHdps1'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-v">author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Windfuhrerr@Thrall"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">specID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">263</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">version</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">source</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Local"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">helpTxt</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"ST - 3213112 "</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> limit = limit or 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> if step == limit then</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> limit = limit % #macros + 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> step = 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> else</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> step = step % #macros + 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> end</span>
<span class="crayon-s">]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">run</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">x</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-e">GetCVar</span><span class="crayon-sy">(</span><span class="crayon-s">"Sound_EnableSFX"</span><span class="crayon-sy">)</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">SlashCmdList</span><span class="crayon-sy">.</span><span class="crayon-e">UI_ERRORS_OFF</span><span class="crayon-sy">(</span><span class="crayon-sy">)</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">targetenemy</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">noharm</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">dead</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-e">cancelaura </span><span class="crayon-e">Ghost </span><span class="crayon-i">Wolf</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling]!Stormstrike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Boulderfist"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Crash Lightning"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Flametongue, Frostbrand, Lava Lash"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/use Doom Winds</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/run SlashCmdList.UI_ERRORS_ON() SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",x)</span>
<span class="crayon-s">]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
[/quote] can you make this macro without feral spirit? thx very much

How are you guys finding this vs Rocktriss’ macro?

[quote quote=35284]How are you guys finding this vs Rocktriss’ macro?
[/quote]

Same macro. One doesn’t outperform the other.

I run an entirely different setup now. I think im on version 60+ now of gsse for this macro i screwed around it it so much. Ill update first post with it.

Its substantially different and im consistently pulling a lot more damage with it.

Waiting anxiously for the update :smiley: