Enh 7.0.3 Raiding

I have a new variation to Rocktris Enh macro after checking out a few top Enh Shamans on Warcraftlogs.com. The rate at which the normals macros are firing off Stormstrike is a bit low. And simply “adding” more Stormstrike casts to the macro will NOT help with this, it only slows the macro down for hitting the other spells.

This is the code that I use now for my AutoHotKey…PLEASE NOTE! I have the macro on my hotbar at #2 and Stormstrike is on #3. You can put them on either number you want…you just have to change this code: (I use F2 to turn mine off and on…you can also change that to whatever you want by replacing F2)

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
{
$F2::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Send {3}
sleep 150
Send {2}
sleep 150
}
return
}

This will try to fire off Stormstrike before hitting the macro. I’ve found that this is a huge difference.

I have also found that now using Lava Lash is better for overall dps. (my findings…take it out if you want) So this is what I’m using now:

Sequences['Rock2'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Rocktris",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning",
"/castsequence reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand,Lava Lash",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}

A variation to this macro is based off of a few top Enh Shamans that I found don’t use Frostbrand at all according to Warcraftlogs.com. They use Ancestral Swiftness. This macro is better for leveling and AOE heavy fights due to great burst. (again…with this macro as well, use the above code for AutoHotKey to fire off Stormstrike more)

Sequences['Spitz_Enh'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Spitz",
helpTxt = "ST - 3212112 ",
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning",
"/castsequence reset=/target Flametongue,Lava Lash",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}

Probably a dumb question, but how do I implement the

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
{
$F2::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Send {3}
sleep 150
Send {2}
sleep 150
}
return
}

???

I’ve just been utilizing Synapse on the Razer Naga mouse and just set a .039 delay
Not familiar with what you are suggesting.

That code is for if you are using AutoHotKey. I’m not familiar with the Naga. All that code is doing it hitting the Stormstrike key and then hitting the macro, and repeat.

My macro is on 2 and my Stormstrike is on 3. When I hit F2 it hits 3232323232323232. The normal macro doesn’t hit Stormstrike enough I feel. This took care of that.

Can you configure the Naga to hit 2 keys or does it just repeat 1 key?

Or just download AutoHotKey at http://ahkscript.org/. Then just right click on your desktop, hit New, AutoHotKey Script.

To use that code you would have to download AutoHotKey from http://ahkscript.org/.

Of if there is a way to configure your Naga to use Stormstrike before the macro on repeat. I have Stormstrike on #3 and the macro on #2. So this script hits 323232 pretty much every second. I want it to hit Stormstrike as much as possible before it even uses the macro so it wastes no Stormstrike procs.

To use this code you need AutoHotKey.

I’m not familiar with the Naga. Is there a way you can configure it to hit 2 buttons on repeat? I have Stormstrike on #3 and the macro on #2. This script just mashes 323232 rapidly.

The macros just don’t hit Stormstrike enough in order to utilize their full potential. And adding more Stormstrikes to the macro does not help at all…I’ve tested.

Has your AHK script ever gotten stuck on? Did for me. Works grest, but kind of embarrassing in the middle of a dungeon, and I cannot stop twitching…lol

Never had it stick. What happened to it? Has it stuck for you before or just this script?

[quote quote=34502]Has your AHK script ever gotten stuck on? Did for me. Works grest, but kind of embarrassing in the middle of a dungeon, and I cannot stop twitching……lol
[/quote]

I never leave it on fulltime. I Feral Lunge into a trash pull (or boss pull) pop my racial and wolves, then start the script. Then when the trash is almost dead or the boss is around 2%, I’ll toggle the script off again until the next pack.

Not just this one. Happens with others too, but this time it wouldn’t toggle off. :stuck_out_tongue:

Problem with this is that you need to have at least 40 maelstrom for the first Stormstrike to go off. WIth the way you have it set up now , this will never happen , if you start the fight with 0 maelstrom. Perhaps you need to tweek it a bit . Maybe start with the macro first and then add stormstrike. So start with #2 and then #3. I ve tried to set it up the way you have described it on my logitech mouse and it just wont start.

EDIT : nvm, you can always generate maelstrom if you are in wolf form…always keep forgetting that…got it to work now :slight_smile:

Spitz what is your dps in raids using this macro and ahk?

[quote quote=34510]Problem with this is that you need to have at least 40 maelstrom for the first Stormstrike to go off. WIth the way you have it set up now , this will never happen , if you start the fight with 0 maelstrom. Perhaps you need to tweek it a bit . Maybe start with the macro first and then add stormstrike. So start with #2 and then #3. I ve tried to set it up the way you have described it on my logitech mouse and it just wont start.
EDIT : nvm, you can always generate maelstrom if you are in wolf form…always keep forgetting that…got it to work now ???
[/quote]

Then you configured something incorrectly. Starting the fight with 0 mael makes no difference. It will simply move on to the next spell then rinse/repeat. The only way the macro would not work at all is if the whole thing was a /castsequence and Stormstrike was the first spell.

[quote quote=34549]Spitz what is your dps in raids using this macro and ahk?
[/quote]

Using only the macro, I was only fairing ok on raid bosses, I was in the middle of the pack. And since I switched from Feral to Monk to now Enh…my gear is behind that of my raid team so I won’t be top anytime soon until I get the gear. My ilvl is now just over 840 but I did manage to use this with the new script recently and I’m in the top 30 on this list:
Warcraftlogs
I’d rather not say who I am…I’ll just say I’m not top 10.

Yes, you are right. I made it to work. And it is working great so far ! Tremendous increase in dps, and especially in burst dps, when using your second macro that utilizes Ancestral Swiftness. Only change i ve made to your script was to bind the toggle key to one of my mouse keys, since it is more convenient for me. Thanks for sharing your awesome script with us !

So did a bit of testing. Love the way you solved the problem of not enough Stormstrikes. Was already using AHK as a toggle for GS, so this made it super easy to implement.

But I’m not seeing the results that you are seeing. What am I doing wrong?

Have Feral Spirit and Troll Berserking bound to a single button, I pop both of those at the same time as I turn on the macro. I have the delay set to 130 instead of 150, and Stormstrike and GS macro setup.

However, with just his Frostbrand macro, I was doing 160k DPS after 2 minutes, on single target raid dummy. After 2 minutes with the Frostbrand/Lavalash version, and the extra Stormstrikes I’m up to 175k after 2 minutes.

So for sure an increase, but I SimC at 224k DPS. What’s going on?

Edit: So I switched to the GS macro that removed Lava Lash, and I went up to 185k DPS. So this is getting better! I wish I could figure out and better analyze what it’s doing wrong, so we can maybe figure out a solution?

Edit2: So I used your macro from the front page, just deleted Lava Lash out of it and now I’m up to 195-200k. RNG gonna RNG. SimC at 224, and I’m pulling 200k, I think that’s pretty damn good.

Just remember, you can’t judge the performance of the macro just running 1 test. As a whole, your dps as an Enh Shaman is all about the number of RNG Stormstrike procs. That is why I included both versions of the macros using either Hailstorm or Ancestral. Both are viable options yet both rely heavily on RNG. I can end a 4 minute dummy test using both macros at over 200K 1 pull…and I can pull 160K using the exact same ones next pull. It’s the nature of the beast. I judge the performance of a macro based on the average of 5 4-minute pulls. (2 full racial/wolves cycles)

And please completely ignore SimC, I have no idea where they get their numbers but those will only have you chasing the carrot on the stick. I have guys in my raid who use Soapbox paid rotations and they can’t even hit SimC’s numbers.

And as far as Lava Lash is concerned. I’ve taken a look at a TON of players on Warcraftlogs.com and 95% of the top guys use Lava Lash. What I have noticed is that they use it an equal amount of times that they use Flametongue and Frostbrand (if they specced Hailstorm). So that would make the Hailstorm macro spot on.

Yeah, Lava Lash is for sure something I want to figure out how to weave into the rotation. You are right though, RNG gonna RNG. And also about RNG, I loaded up a Tell Me When string that helped with rotation, and doing the rotation manually I was pulling very similar DPS on single target raid dummy, but what I found interesting is that sometimes I was popping Stormstrike like 6 times in a row! :o

Also, have we thought about splitting the GS macro into 2 different parts for better efficiency? Would it be necesary? Instead of just Stormstrike in the other spot, would it help at all to create a 2nd GS macro that is in that spot for maybe Stormstrike, and Lava Lash? I don’t know.

The idea of spamming 2 smaller macros, that cycle through their abilities faster seems like it could win out, but maybe not?

i must say this works insain even i will not use AHK, just because i use razer synapse and a razer naga so its much easyer to setup then ahk.
just setup the new macro record keystrokes with deley and if you want faster strokes just edit the timer.
tested the second macro without frostbrand and a extra key with stormstrike and i went from 45k to 80k dps @ lvl 102 ilvl 702

So I have a couple different addons that help me with my rotation, and as I was testing this on the rotation dummy, what I found is that Frostbrand was staying down for way too long.

So what I did was just added Frostbrand to the 2nd Stormstrike key we are already using. Created a macro:

/cast Stormstrike
/cast Frostbrand

Now, it’s keeping Frostbrand up really really well, and while I know SimCraft isn’t the end result, I sim about 230k DPS, and I’m pulling 200-205k DPS, with Lava Lash being used.

Really really happy with this, and even more excited that I can get away from potential suspension causing bots, and just use this instead.

This may sound stupid, but is there anyway to add an audible warning whenever you toggle on and off the script ? It happened to me a lot of times during last night’s raid where i couldnt realize if the script was on or off and this had an effect on my overall dps.