Enh 7.1 Raiding

So after many trials, tribulations and testing…I thought I would create a new thread for Enhance. If this is your first time here, I use (raid with) a different method than most. I use a combination of macro and Stormstrike being that SS is so crucial to maximizing best dps. Coupled with my testing of varying delay speeds/settings just using 1 macro could leave one with unused Stormstrikes which is really bad for your numbers.

So I use a Razor mouse and have my Synapse macro set to mash 2 buttons rapidly. SS + Macro.

Synapse macro:

Down 2 (SS)
Up 2
Down 4 (macro)
Up 4
0.150 delay
Set to continuous loop until button pressed again.

Of if you use AutoHotKey, here is the script that I use. (some say there is a possibility of getting banned using AHK but I am very skeptic of this since it does absolutely no injecting into the game which they are banning people left and right these days for those bots)

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
{
$F2::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Send {2}
Send {4}
sleep 150
}
return
}

This script is activated with F2. Change the 3 keys to whatever you like (F2, 2, 4) these are just the buttons that I use personally. Or if you don’t want it to mash 2 buttons, just remove the send 4 and the sleep below it.

And finally…the actual macros themselves. Which you can ignore everything above if you like and just use the macros themselves. They perform just fine alone, I’m just giving my two cents as to how I like to mash SS more

Sequences['Rocktris'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Spitz",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand,Lava Lash",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning",
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}

Giving credit to Rocktris as the OG. I just moved FT, FB, LL up in the macro since the FT/FB buffs are crucial.
And my AOE macro which is nothing special…it just prioritizes Crash Lightning (use this macro alone):

Sequences['SpitzAOE'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Spitz",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand",
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}

Question: What purpose does !Stormstrike have? The ! only is useful for toggle, or so I read. Like stances.

I’ll have to try this out. Thanks for posting!

[quote quote=36941]Question: What purpose does !Stormstrike have? The ! only is useful for toggle, or so I read. Like stances.
I’ll have to try this out. Thanks for posting!
[/quote]

It doesn’t really serve a purpose. I think in the early days of GS it would make sure to cast the spell with an ! in the front first. Better coding has changed that. I’ll take it out to avoid confusion.

I have a steelseries keyboard what for MS i need for Best rota for the script?

This Macro is awesome - thank you very much - gonna try it in Raid tonight to get a better feel for it.

Do you use “Spitzaoe+SS” or just use the Spitzaoe macro?

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=36996]Do you use “Spitzaoe+SS” or just use the Spitzaoe macro?
[/quote]
He uses Spitzaoe only… ive asked the same^^

Perfect thanks!

[quote quote=36998]

He uses Spitzaoe only… ive asked the same^^ [/quote]

Yes the AOE alone. Crash Lighning is the most important. SS + buffs are just nice to have between the CL’s.

Hey Spitz, love your work :slight_smile: Curious if you’ve gotten any chance to play around in the PTR with the new changes?

[quote quote=37011]Hey Spitz, love your work ??? Curious if you’ve gotten any chance to play around in the PTR with the new changes?
[/quote]

From reading patch notes, no real change to Enh. The only thing I see is the extra Mael cost to Frostbrand and extra damage done with Lava Lash. The macros should not change at all unless there are better talents than the ones I’ve chosen. I’m open to suggestions to maximize Enh Shaman damage with different builds.

I will be doing a great deal of testing with Ancestral Swiftness + Lava Lash with the LL damage buff. Who knows, the extra cost to Frostbrand MAY not keep Hailstorm as the best option for that tier talent. Lots of testing will be done, don’t worry. As for the time being, no I will not be doing the testing right now on the PTR. I’ll wait til live.

Know there is a lot of talk about hot hands over boulder fist and foa over crashing lightning. Even some movement away from hailstorm due to the cost of frostbrand going up. Dps on current standard build seems to be dropping by a bit (20 to 40 k claimed by those testing) so some of the buffed skills are becoming more desirable.

Several issues already even before I start my testing when these changes go live.

Level 15 talent: If we don’t use Boulderfist, then that means we need to use Rockbiter in order to generate maelstrom. Rockbiter has no cooldown and can be cast whenever we want. That is a bad thing when it comes to macros. The bulk of the macro would have to be converted to a /castsequence. Because if the line “/cast Rockbiter”, is alone in the macro…who knows how much it will just cast that and nothing else when we need it to. So with all of that, as far as a macro is concerned, Boulderfist still seems like the best/easier choice from a macro standpoint.

Level 30 & 45 talents don’t really matter all that much.

Level 60 talent: I’m kind of at a crossroads right now with the haste nerf to AS + the increased cost of Frostbrand (Hailstorm). If we go with AS, then we won’t even need to cast Frostbrand, which in theory we could spend more mael on Lava Lash (good with the damage buff). And if I can write a good enough /castsequence to utilize Hot Hands coupled with AS, then Lava Lash can return to being a star in Enh’s damage.

Level 75 talent: Tempest still the best choice since Stormstrike is still the #1 damage dealer.

Level 90 talent: The buff to Fury of Air looks really nice, however, being we are talking about macros (and usually programs designed to rapidly repeat the keypress) this talent is pretty much null and void. Unless the macro would know to stop itself/pause long enough to do some decent damage using FoA…it’s not gonna happen. It uses 5 mael per second and it’s aoe…I don’t see this being a good enough damage dealer for boss fights unless there are alot of adds. Sundering will be a very easy test to see if it is better than Crashing Storm…I love the mael cost reduction.

Level 100 talent: Another one that will be an easy test as far as Earthen Spike is concerned. ES would couple well with Boulderfist since it is nature damage and Stormstrike which is physical damage. As far as Ascendance goes…I’ve never seen a point to this talent. 15 seconds of Stormstrike ignoring armor? What if you don’t proc that many during those 15 seconds? You’re screwed!

So yeah…lots of testing as soon as they go live and we know 100% of what the changes are going to be.

Hey mate.

I need to get some things clear.

Do you run the Rocktris+SS ?

Because in the comments, some people are mentioning you are running with the Spitzaoe+SS.

Can someone clarify what is the best ?

875 Enhancement Shaman here, and eagerly wanting to give this a bash.

Wouldn’t you lean towards passive talents that worked with the rotation? This keeps it really simple.
Or what about aligning the talents with rotation? Eg. If Lightning Bolt then Lightning Rod etc

[quote quote=37076]Hey mate.
I need to get some things clear.
Do you run the Rocktris+SS ?
[/quote]
I don’t get what you don’t understand from the 1st post and from here:

[quote quote=37009]

He uses Spitzaoe only… ive asked the same^^
Yes the AOE alone. Crash Lighning is the most important. SS + buffs are just nice to have between the CL’s. [/quote] But to answer you nevertheless: Rocktris + SS, SpitzAOE alone.

Any way to keep even higher uptime on Frostbrand? Flametongue seems good but frostbrand tend to fall to around 70% sometimes…while Flametongue is at 95%

[quote quote=37145]Any way to keep even higher uptime on Frostbrand? Flametongue seems good but frostbrand tend to fall to around 70% sometimes…while Flametongue is at 95%
[/quote]

I think it’is all about RNG, SS procs might use all your maelstrom, then FB buff will get delayed, maybe add another boulderfist somewhere in the macro might help.
Personally I’ve fixed this issue by removing Lava Lash.

How do your shaman perform this?

Would love to hear some opinions.

*Ive loaded it up on my 879 Enhancement Shaman, and looking to use it on raid this evening.