Feral 5.4 One-Button

This is based off of various macros I have dug up in this thread; this is a one-button macro which means to use the AoE rotation you need to hold Alt (the mod key.)

IMPORTANT: The AoE portion is only for 3-4 targets; if there are 5 or more Targets you have to manually Swipe while refreshing the Thrash bleed, anything else is wasted DPS.

Things to keep on the Bar in Cat Form: Prowl, Feral Charge, Swipe (for 5+), Thrash (again, for 5+), Dash, Stampeding Roar, Typhoon, Ursol’s Vortex, Symbiosis, Skull Bash (IMPORTANT: Interrupt.)

Things to keep on the Bar without a Form: Healing Touch, Rejuvination, Moonfire, Typhoon, Ursol’s Vortex, Symbiosis.

Primary Symbiosis Targets are Warlocks then Rogues.

Talents are 3,1,3,1,2,2

Glyphs are: Savagery, Shred, Stampeding Roar (Savagery and Shred are absolutely required.)

The Macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [stealth]reset=combat Ravage,Savage Roar,Pounce,Faerie Fire,null
/castsequence reset=target Rake,null
/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/castsequence [mod: alt]reset=0.5 0,1,Swipe
/castsequence [mod: alt][combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Swipe,Faerie Fire,Mangle
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Shred,Faerie Fire,Mangle
/cast !Ferocious Bite
/use [combat,nostealth]Tiger's Fury
/use [combat,nostealth]Berserk
/startattack [combat,nostealth]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

To single target, just use the macro as usual, and to AoE hold the Alt button while using the macro.

Tested @ 90, iLvl 552; sustained DPS: 283,501 over the span of 5 minutes (This was done from BEHIND the training dummy.)

Please let me know if you have any feedback, or general questions; constructive criticism is always appreciated! :slight_smile:

Ugh, I can’t edit this again for some reason. The training dummy was over the span of 15 minutes not 5.

Also…

Addons used: (Can all be found @ tukui.org and curse.com)

DroodFocus
Tukui
ClassMonitor Tukui
ExtraCD
Spellflash
Bigwigs
Macro Toolkit
RaidBuffsChecker Tukui
Skada Damage Meter
ReforgeLite
ReforgeSaver
WeakAuras 2

Edit: If this macro is locking up for you, please double check you are talented as stated above as well as glyphed.

Hi Chris :slight_smile:

Nice macro,like the added aoe mod.
It’s things like this,creating and adapting these macros,thats gets us to macros that work hopefully for everyone,which can only be a good thing :).

I’ll have to try Yours out,i am still only 57 ish,crap gear,i’m also bad because i never take any proffessions,so have no gold to buy better.

(stems from my multiboxing days,proffessions=too much wasted time,for me anyway on 5 toons…)
Plus also i just get what drops from instances,if its better i use it,any gold i do have i buy from AH,but i’m not too fussed,just waiting to level up enough to get the pvp honor gear…thats my main focus…

Even then.i tend not to gem or enchant until at least 85 ish…wasted gold.At 90 yoor there and that’s the fine tuning area for me…
Anyway…good one…will check it out myself in a bit…
byeee :slight_smile:

[quote quote=10743]Hi Chris :)

Nice macro,like the added aoe mod.<br>
It’s things like this,creating and adapting these macros,thats gets us to macros that work hopefully for everyone,which can only be a good thing :) .

I’ll have to try Yours out,i am still only 57 ish,crap gear,i’m also bad because i never take any proffessions,so have no gold to buy better.

(stems from my multiboxing days,proffessions=too much wasted time,for me anyway on 5 toons…)<br>
Plus also i just get what drops from instances,if its better i use it,any gold i do have i buy from AH,but i’m not too fussed,just waiting to level up enough to get the pvp honor gear…thats my main focus…

Even then.i tend not to gem or enchant until at least 85 ish…wasted gold.At 90 yoor there and that’s the fine tuning area for me…<br>
Anyway…good one…will check it out myself in a bit…<br>
byeee :)

oh found also if you leave page,then come back and can not edit your old post…try click on the QUOTE at the bottom…you can repost in that last post then,and EDit becomes available again…just a tip :slight_smile:

live Stream if online – Twitch

[quote quote=10743]Hi Chris :)

Nice macro,like the added aoe mod.<br>
It’s things like this,creating and adapting these macros,thats gets us to macros that work hopefully for everyone,which can only be a good thing :) .

(stems from my multiboxing days,proffessions=too much wasted time,for me anyway on 5 toons…)<br>

Even then.i tend not to gem or enchant until at least 85 ish…wasted gold.At 90 yoor there and that’s the fine tuning area for me…<br>
Anyway…good one…will check it out myself in a bit…<br>
byeee :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the comment and tip on re-editing! :slight_smile: If you are using Macro Toolkit, it should omit any abilities you do not have so the macro should still be useable, I just don’t know how good it would be lol.

As far as professions go, grab tailoring and enchanting if you’re leveling fast as these require the least amount of focus to level and the mats and bags you can make with them sell fairly well on the AH and you can level both while waiting on Dungeon and PvP queues. :slight_smile:

hey Chris
ahh i use “bindpad” will have to have a look at macrotoolkit sometime,
yes good advise on the professions,my only normal income comes from instances and doing the old swamp of sorrows oozling grind,and now even those do not sell very well(was around 5-7k,now lucky if they go for 2k)
Oh having said about the tip to get back editing mode,it works but,i didnt realize it then does a double post,so it may not be a solution.
The mods on here may have to look into that,and i even tried going on my activity profile and deleting the post from there,which it did,but the post here on forum is still there…oh well :slight_smile:
Macrowise i had been doing a few pvp battlegrounds and the nature’s grasp one has worked a treat when its up,had a few times got attempted attack from a rogue,only for them to end up in entangling roots.

#showtip Nature's Grasp ©Macroman
/cast nature's grasp
/castsequence nature's grasp,prowl
/cast prowl

anyway back to playing for a bit before i go work…lovely not!!

live Stream if online – Twitch

I was looking at your livestream, and one thing I noticed is you have Wild Charge in a lot of your macros. While it isn’t bad to have them, it Is better to remove them and manually Charge as it can be very unpredictable, especially in PvE. Also, download DroodFocus; 100% beneficial Add-on for any Feral.

Edit: On Single target fights as well, Swipe shouldn’t even be part of your Damage rotation, eats up way too much focus.

yes noticed sometimes in pve instances can wild charge accidently lol and pull mobs if not careful…i try to be carful with my targeting…most times its ok…but yes is a bit unprdictable… :slight_smile: i have the drood focus addon will configure sometime… :
more ideal for pvp and spreading the bleeds etc…

Hey chris thankyou for the comments,yes wild charge i have now taken out and have it on a separate bind key.
Managed to get in a bg for a bit (queue times seem epically long recently,and i have to work nights and my free time runs out quickly)
Came up against a lower level druid feral,and my wild charge just wasnt cutting it,he killed me a few times and he was 55 and i was 57,so i looked at combat logs,and he was opening with a pounce,stunning me,bleeds etc,and then finishing me off,with my crap gear didnt help too,and also he had a partner rogue following him round,the 2 together are a bit lethal,all those cc and stuns,poisons,bleeds.

I don’t know if you changed your 1 button macro but i noticed we were ravaging before pounce.whether this didnt make the pounce work,brought us out of stealth probaably so i altered that round so pounce before ravage.tried it out on dummys for a bit seems to work now.
Didnt get chance to try out some revenge on that druid,but by the next bg,i had dinged 60 and spent all my earned honor on pvp gear.
and also talented into incarnation,and added that into the macro.
I know that’s situational too…but mainly i pvp bg’s…so its not like arena…when i may use it situational,but i havent had that much time to try it,and i’ll see if i leave that way.
Had a couple of encounters in that last bg and things went real well,but time ran out and work called…so need to try more and see how it goes…

I know you say about swipe.but pve wise i only really use the instance to help level up,i never really raid,pvp is really my love,and goal,and i am more likely to run into groups in bgs than
lone single targets.i could mod it like it you have,but i feel awkward with mod alts etc,my fingers get all twisted trying to get to the buttons :P…probabaly could use shift .we’ll see.
anyway…will get on and have a go in a bit…if any bg ever pops…
cu :slight_smile:

I just tested the 5.4 Feral macros in this thread and the results were as follows:

Single Target (Front) 10 minutes:

Paul - 200,382
Christopher - 222,721
Mine - 247,412

Single Target (Back) 10 minutes:

Paul - 203,816
Christopher - 221,447
Mine - 281,692

Single Target (50% Front 50% Back) 5 minutes Front, 5 minutes Back:

Paul - 201,831
Christopher - 222,112
Mine - 263,791

AoE Target (3 Target Dummies) 10 minutes:

Paul - 258,413
Christopher (No AoE) - N/A
Mine - 298,372

This was all done @ iLvl 552 at the Target Dummies.

Edit: I will try to work on a PvP version, 1 burst and 1 drawn out. May take a while because I don’t PvP often on my druid and I would have to do a bit of theory crafting. :slight_smile:

This is the best cat macro Ive used so far. The dps is excellent, about 20k in raid higher than normal, sometimes higher. I just took the single target macro and removed all of the other fluff. I like to use tigers fury on rip when I have a trinket proc, then the damage is huge. The reason the numbers work out is the use on mangle for less energy so u can get 1 Shred and a Thrash in, which results in more higher dps. Amazing macro, great work.

BEHIND
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Shred,Faerie Fire,Mangle

ALL FRONT
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Mangle,Faerie Fire,Mangle

Im still playing around with an aoe macro, which just involves Thrash, Swipe, Savage Roar and FF. With cat it only seems worth hard aoe-ing with more than 3 targets.

I consider soft aoe-ing as using thrash in the single target macro which is nice for aoe cleave.
And hard aoe-ing as thrash with a swipe spam.

Im still looking for the ultimate aoe macro.

Thank you very much! Yes, I do the same thing with TF, I just haven’t been able to find a way to effectively use it in the macro without it locking up lol.

The AoE I have in there is a soft AoE atm, if you want to save energy costs you can take out the line:

/castsequence [mod: alt]reset=0.5 0,1,Swipe

As this is a DPS hinder if Berserk and TF are on CD and just tap alt at 2-3 targets for a slightly higher energy yield without sacrificing too much dps. :slight_smile:

A full AoE macro is tricky as I’m sure you’ve noticed because you have to factor in gear procs, energy regen, and the uptime of Berserk/TF. I will continue to try to work on one though, and will keep this forum updated.

Thank you again for the kind words! And I am currently working the sequences you posted into the macro to see if it yields better results. :smiley:

I did wanna like it, really i did. But i was unable to, since it kept locking up or not getting rip up because of ferocious bite :confused: My ilvl is only 510. I use the talents and everything, but that ferocious bite just locked it up sometimes for me ._. So far, my other macro is still higher dps :confused: But credits for the effort!

Hi Eva
Are you sure you have the savagery glyph?..if you havn’t that can cause a lockup in some of these macros.
Also most times if they do lock up,just have say mangle on a number key or other keybind,press it and the macro will work fine.
There the most common reasons for lockups.
And probably you could post your macro that you are using if you want too.Always interesting to see other peoples way of doing these macros.
cu :slight_smile:

I have the glyph yeah, and my macro will have to wait since i had some unfortunate wipeoout on my account about 2 nights ago, which basically reset my whole wtf folder ._. So when i finally get around to making my feral macro again, i promise to post it ^-^ For now i have to focus on my healing macro and some other lazy macros <3

Kittiez, are you hit and expertise capped?

I am indeed, i reforge and gem on a regular basis ^^

hi guys, ive tried both of these macros and cant seem to get more than 40k dps @ ilvl 480. i was wandering if this macro relied on a tier set bonus or the cool down reduction trinket to be significantly more effective? i am hit and exp capped and use the same layout as chris reccomeneded in terms of glyphs and talents, and i have my imput delay set to 50ms, but i cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong.

any help would be greatly appreciated =)

I think some of it has to also do with gear, because, if I misread some topics feral is highly gear dependent and what you stack. I think my kitty is stacking crit over haste/mastery, but, I’ll have to look again. I’m having too much fun with my furby spec atm. when I get home tonight i’ll try to go over the posted macros with my set up and try to give results :smiley:

Hi :slight_smile:
Don’t know if this is any help but anytime i start a new character i have a look here,or if im 90 and want to find out what the top guys are doing,gemming,talents etc…
I mainly pvp so i go battlegrounds stats etc…but also use it to see what the top guys are using racewise etc…have a look if you like here

:slight_smile: i just looked druids-feral…list - see most top ones are nightelfs etc…click name have a look at there armory etc :).
cu