Frost – 5.1

Thanks guys for providing some macros after the patch hit us, I hope you guys like this one. If you can make it any better please post your version to let us know.

This is an Extended Macro ← Click for more info

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Icy Veins
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Incanter's Ward
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Ice Barrier
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,Frozen Orb
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence reset=5 Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Presence of Mind
/cast [combat] Mirror Image
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Frostfire Bolt Optional Macro:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Frostfire Bolt
/stopcasting
/startattack

[quote quote=5006]Thanks guys for providing some macros after the patch hit us, I hope you guys like this one. If you can make it any better please post your version to let us know.
Attention! This is a Super Duper Macro ← Click for more info
English

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Incanter’s Ward
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Information! Frostfire Bolt Optional Macro:
English

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Frostfire Bolt
/stopcasting
/startattack

[/quote]

I tested this for about half an hour making a lot of changes here and there to try to get it to work properly for me. For me Icy Veins never worked at all and some of the other abilities were delayed by a fair bit. The most disturbing thing was my character has a wand and just stood there casting the wand (one cast) about every 5-10 secs and sometimes she would just stand there. The most I could get (no PoM) from this was 45k dps.

My above post is what I had been using and have modified it even further - now there is no need to manually cast FFB unless the target dies, if the target dies and FFB is still up cast it manually first on the next mob then start the macro. Only manually cast Ice Lance if there are 2 procs - if there is only one keep the macro going. Tested for 5 minutes 65k dps and no hesitations or pauses.

Hotbar 1

/castsequence reset=target Frostbolt,Frost Bomb,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt
/castsequence Icy Veins,Mirror Image
/cast Frozen Orb
/use [combat]10
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Hotbar 2 - you can use the first macro and remove /swapactionbar 1 2 from it and cast your buffs manually or use a second hotbar. The choice is yours.

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Incanter’s Ward
/castsequence reset=0.3 Ice Barrier
/use [combat]10
/swapactionbar 1 2

I just tested the macro again and it seems to be working fine.

I’m not sure what is preventing to not cast Icy Veins or delay spells on your side. I smash the key very fast, don’t know if that has anything to do with it but I doubt it.

I did try to integrate Frostfire Bolt in the macro, but it wasn’t always instant.

Hmm well I am mashing the key till my finger aches and same results. 240 home and world latency.

Hello Michael, my home latency is 86ms over here. That would suck if it has something to do, but an easy fix should be raise the 0.3 to maybe close to 1.

Let me know if that helps.

Hey Michael, I don’t know if you already tried but check if it works by replacing 0.3 for 0.9. Let me know if it works please, thanks.

I tried reset=1 but is too much waiting time and it was breaking it, but never know if it works for you past 1 since your latency is higher. :slight_smile:

I tried all increments up to 0.9 and tried all sorts of combinations for over an hour and my toon still just stands there at times casting the wand or doing nothing. Icy Veins went off only once during all that. I wish it did work for me because it’s a lot simpler having it all in one macro.

In any case I gave up out of frustration.

[quote quote=5077]I tried all increments up to 0.9 and tried all sorts of combinations for over an hour and my toon still just stands there at times casting the wand or doing nothing. Icy Veins went off only once during all that. I wish it did work for me because it’s a lot simpler having it all in one macro.

In any case I gave up out of frustration.
[/quote]

Michael, try this latency fix, I used to use it when I had Windows long time ago. Is Leatrix Latency Fix from WoWInterface.
I’ve heard still works, hopefully works for you.

For Mac users is here.

Luis your macro works fine for me. I made a pvp version exchanging frostbolt for scorch and blows people up in arena. Scorch as a frost mage? Yeah try getting a frost bolt off…lol

Seems scorch will fire repeatedly if you are on move. so works great till u can gain some distance.

Ive tried other macroes they lock up, an some wont work past casting an orb, another one that worked, but it locked up, hang for 30+ secs and was too much dps loss.

I tried Gene’s macro, and it works brilliantly, does not hang, casts everything, works amazingly well, thanks for that!!

Frost Macro 1

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=10/target Frostbolt,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,2,3,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,2,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Icy Veins
/cast [combat] 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 2 1

Frost Macro 2

/castsequence reset=10/combat Frostbolt,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=10 1,!Frost Bomb,!Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt
/castsequence [combat] reset=0 !Frozen Orb
/startattack
/swapactionbar 3 2

Frost Macro 3

/castsequence [combat] reset=0 Incanter’s Ward
/use [combat] 14
/swapactionbar 1 3

This is what im using on my 85 mage , nothign hangs for me and the rotation is easy.

bar 1 button 2 I have FFB on mod so if procs you just hit shift, alt, or ctrl and cast ffb and release.

/castsequence [mod]reset=target Frostfire Bolt;Frost Bomb,Frozen Orb,Frostbolt,null

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Frostbolt

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Frozen Orb

/use [combat]Icy Veins

/use [combat]Mirror Image

/use [combat]Presence of Mind

/use [combat]13

/use [combat]14

/swapactionbar 1 4

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Bar 1 Button 3 this is where i put Ice lance as using without FoF is a dps loss , when i proc i just spam button 3, Ive also included FFB here on a mod if you prefer to use it.

#showtooltip

/castsequence [mod]Frostfire Bolt;Ice Lance

/startattack

bar 4 button 2 this is the buff macro

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Incanter’s Ward

/castsequence reset=0.3 Ice Barrier

/use [combat]13

/use [combat]14

/swapactionbar 1 4

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Bar

[quote quote=4249]I’ve been tinkering with the Frost Spec for a little while and I came up with this, it’s not perfect by any means, But I’m getting some good numbers with it. All suggestions are welcome too clean this up a bit without having too take out Frostfire Bolt. These are all swap macros, Example:
Macro-1 goes into bar-1, button-1
Macro-2 goes into Bar-2, button-1
Macro-3 goes into Bar-3, button-1 Frost Macro 1 /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=10/target Frostbolt,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,2,3,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,2,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Icy Veins
/cast [combat] 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 2 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() Frost Macro 2 /castsequence reset=10/combat Frostbolt,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=10 1,!Frost Bomb,!Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt
/castsequence [combat] reset=0 !Frozen Orb
/startattack
/swapactionbar 3 2
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() Frost Macro 3 /castsequence [combat] reset=0 Incanter’s Ward
/use [combat] 14
/swapactionbar 1 3
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() Credit givin too:captivation Li and his Dk’s macros rock, TYVM. [/quote]

can u please explain how do u swap between 3 actions bars… i only have 2

Go to (esc in game) Game Menu/Interface/Action Bars and enable “Right Bar” - that is action bar 3. To test if you do have it enabled you can also in game hit shift-3 and see if it appears in you main action bar.

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Incanter’s Ward

/use [combat] 13/use [combat] 14

Anyone know where I could fit nether tempest into this macro, in place of frost bomb.

I don’t understand how you all are getting such high numbers with these macros, maybe because of the patch 5.2 but all of them either don’t work or like the 3 bar one I do over 5k more dps with just hitting buttons than the macro as a 85 frost mage with 379 item level 9731 gear score with the macro I was getting a little over 13k with just my normal rotation I was doing 18k dps. I know being a non max level toon says nothing for my dmg as I don’t have my lvl 90 trait but I need some feed back on what I am doing wrong with the macro.

To answer Nick I use the OPs macro (Louis). Tonight 3.26.2013 i did 126k total dps and 80-85k dps single targe in heroic SM. I did 134k dps on trash and 91k single target on avg in the 2 new raid finders. I’m always in top 5 in raid finder and always #1 usually double in 5 mans. Gear level 486 2 piece tier set (484 not 502) While i use macro as is i do have seperate button for ff bolt and roll mouse wheel forward for fingers of frost procs… doing so does not lock up macro at all.

BreaknBad Nesingwary Server If you look at my gear… i’m hit capped but not gemmed or enchanting to max just took stuff i had in bank or guild bank.

lvling a Frost mage ilvl of 402 lvl 87 single target dps 25 to 30k try this

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=2 Ice Barrier,null
/castsequence reset=target Frostbolt,Frost Bomb,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt
/cast Frozen Orb

Since the patch my macro won’t cast Frost Bomb, it seems Blizz in all their infinite wisdom has disabled the /cast “Talented Spell” in all classes so now it has to be in a /castsequence. Here is mine for the new patch but sometimes one spell in the lower 2 castsequences don’t fire when ready so have them hot keyed and handy. Remove/add Frozen Orb if you wish and anything else you don’t/do use.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target Frostbolt,Frost Bomb,Fire Blast,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence Incanter’s Ward,Ice Barrier
/cast Frozen Orb
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]14

If Frost Bomb is on CD when switching targets (rarely) then use Frostfire Bolt as a filler.

I wasn’t too happy with the above macro so mixing captivation Li’s advice with swapping hot bars I finalized this set of macros. Everything fires off when it should for a change and this setup is the highest macro dps so far by a good 6k. Add/remove the /use commands to suit.

Hot bar 1 any button (shift 1 = default cast bar)

/castsequence reset=target Frostbolt,Frost Bomb,Fire Blast,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]

Hot bar 2 same button number as above (shift 2 = secondary cast bar)

#showtooltip
/castsequence Ice Barrier,Incanter’s Ward,Ice Ward,Frozen Orb,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Incanter’s Ward,Ice Ward
/swapactionbar 1 2

Things to note - because I have 2 Intelligence procs and if Ice Barrier goes off with one of those procs happening you cannot refresh Ice Barrier until it expires (blizz and their ridiculous mechanic “A more powerful spell is already active”) so with Frozen Orb in the sequence it guarantees the 1 minute wait.

Other thing is duplicate the second hotbar the same as your first except for the one macro otherwise you will be trying to hit a FFB proc and it’s not there for example.

after changes made in 5.1 i had to rebuild the macro to this once

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=2 Ice Barrier,null
/castsequence reset=9 frost bomb, frostbolt, Ice Lance, fire blast, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance
/castsequence reset=1 frozen orb
/castsequence reset=1 Icy Veins,Mirror Image
/cast Presence of Mind

there are some problems though

Ice Barrier does not refresh and Mirror Image casts when it feels like it.

other than that dps is decent and all works (until now)