getting crazy over my dps

Hello
First of all i wanna say that ppl here are doing amasing job with making mocros
i have been using gnome for a long time now, but now that im good geared it seems like my dps are dropping, doing raids on normal or HC my dps i really low compaird to others Fdk in raid with ilv way under me.
I have been using both John Mets and Enmity macros but getting low dps on both
Tried with classic gnome and GS-E2 and dps in around 380-420 on bosses, my ilv is 886
Im using autospam macro on my Razer Synapse keybord with 0.050 delay.
Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong ?

So many variables in all honesty.
secondary stats outshine Item level, ie last I checked I was 3 top dk on my server for dps and everyone around me is 5-10 item levels higher. so correct setup may help.

comparative raid logs help see any issues.

macro press speeds can affect dps results as well when combined with haste.

Finally legendaries can affect output massively if you get the right ones.

[quote quote=43762]<p abp=“193”>So many variables in all honesty.<br abp=“194”> secondary stats outshine Item level, ie last I checked I was 3 top dk on my server for dps and everyone around me is 5-10 item levels higher. so correct setup may help.
<p abp=“195”>comparative raid logs help see any issues.
<p abp=“196”>macro press speeds can affect dps results as well when combined with haste.
<p abp=“197”>Finally legendaries can affect output massively if you get the right ones.
[/quote]

John covered it all in his response… the speed of your macro press WILL effect your DpS Greatly… too fast will cause it to skip past casts even with a nochanneling command and too slow will effect the DpS out put as well… for my macros I have found 20ms tolerable… but also running the macro at 75ms to be a sweet spot… and still fire off Most command lines…and in some cases there are times 90ms…EXAMPLE = Demon Hunters/Locks…

The best thing you can do is to use the above listed Macro Presses find the one that EEKS out the better DpS… the reason for those three MS examples would be due to your internet connection DSL/FIBER OPTICAS/Regular Cable Connections… FPS will effect your Macro Press speeds thus this will effect your DPS output… you may have to reduce your video settings for raids as well… even though you may have a top of the line Video Card… it is still effected by your surroundings ie Connection Speeds

Thanks alot both for your input, helps alot that pro´s like you guys comes with suggestions :slight_smile:
Will try first to remove the autospam and spam it my self by hitting the macro.
Think my stats are as they shoud be.
Was compairing myself with this DK today… using same spec
i did eqip same legnadary ring as he… and still he was way over me in dps
I was hitting 380 ++ and he was on 480 ++
Anyway, will try test now and see how it goes

Is there any setting to press faster button in GSE for faster reaction or some program where u just press it once and hit everything without pooping

you can try autohotkey.com/ … I use a gaming keyboard Steelseries Stealth… the wife uses a Razor Tartus Game Pad… and I also use a Razor Nastromos Key pad… Depending on my mood and what I am doing… there are also gaming mice like the razor Naga

Also, don’t just assume that the latest version of GSE is working as expected.

An example of this was when the LoopPriority broke in v2.0.8 … it wasn’t fixed until v2.0.12.

Having said that, I suspect that v2.0.14 is broken right now as well … to support this claim, I noticed that the DPS output from my Shadow Priest macro is 20% higher in v2.0.13 compared to v.2.0.14.

Hi all, I am back after a very long break and would like to point something out. If you use Howling Blast in a macro, it is a dps loss. I am almost certain that his mouse speed is way too fast and howling blast is spamming almost every rune. Please look over your own recount and you will see. Keep HB on hotkey so that you ONLY use it on proc for +300% increased damage and it is free. I need to look up how to post macros in this forum again, but I will be putting mine up soon. I already started writing the guide, so look for me in the forums, BRT :slight_smile:

[quote quote=44074]<p abp=“425”>Hi all, I am back after a very long break and would like to point something out. If you use Howling Blast in a macro, it is a dps loss. I am almost certain that his mouse speed is way too fast and howling blast is spamming almost every rune. Please look over your own recount and you will see. Keep HB on hotkey so that you ONLY use it on proc for +300% increased damage and it is free. I need to look up how to post macros in this forum again, but I will be putting mine up soon. I already started writing the guide, so look for me in the forums, BRT ???
[/quote]

Glad to have you back… you can take over from my spot… granted the Howling Blast technically can be a DpS Loss… But as I pointed out over and over and over… at least on my macros… Most people don’t want to micro manage they just want to play… push their happy lil buttons and BAM! play a toon with little to no headache… that’s why a simple lazy macro for a BoS build is difficult to pull off… at the point I am at now… I have a macro for a standard rotation to keep me going between breaths… a macro just for the BoS Blast… and then my Howling Blast key to watch for procs and free casts of Howling Blast… add to that sometimes you have to micro manage the Remoresless winter casts as well… this all adds up to NOT a simple Lazy Macro… Can I teach someone how to work a two button macro with some minor other things to watch for? the Answer is YES… do I want to spend a couple of hours EVERY TIME someone asks me to explain how to make it work? That answer is A big NOOooooooo! aside from my wife that kind of dedication I simply do not have…

anyways thank you for the introduction and I for one am looking forward to testing and perhaps using your macros if they work for me