Forums Forums Website News Getting Started with Gnome Sequencer – Enhanced for 7.0.3 Patch Day Videos

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
  • Profile photo of TimothyLukeTimothyLuke
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)
    Draik <Vinum et Feminae> of Nagrand -US Level 110 Blood Elf Paladin

Recent Activity

Hey Kristopher

Can you give me a sample of the line change?

Also is there a Sequences[‘DB_Destro’] in your World of Warcraft\WTF\AccountName\SavedVariables\GS-Core.lua file. You have to be completely out of game to check this last part.

I need to ask this latter part as to try to determine what is happening or not happening at log out

BattleNet: TimothyLuke#1860
    WowLazyMacros/Curse/GitHub/WowInterface: TimothyLuke

Most Commonly Played Characters:
    Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

Profile photo of TimothyLukeTimothyLuke
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Recent Activity

Also are you editing in game or out of game?

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

TheZeldrak
    Grunt

Here’s the Original from the Warlock.lua file:
    Sequences[‘DB_Destro’] = {
    specID = 267,
    author = “Jimmy”,
    helpTxt = “Talents – 1,1,1,2,2,1,3”,
    PreMacro = [[
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /startattack
    ]],
    “/cast [nochanneling] Conflagrate”,
    “/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Immolate,Drain Life”,
    PostMacro = [[
    /startattack
    /petattack
    ]],
    }

Here’s what I was trying to do to it:
    Sequences[‘DB_Destro’] = {
    specID = 267,
    author = “Jimmy”,
    PreMacro = [[
    /startattack
    ]],
    “/cast [nochanneling] Conflagrate”,
    “/castsequence [nochanneling] Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt“,
    PostMacro = [[
    /startattack
    /petattack
    ]],
    }

Also, I’m completely logged out of the game and there is no file in that directory that you listed above. When I edit, I first tried editing in-game, but the rotation never changed. It continued using the one listed in the original Warlock.lua. So, I used Notepad++ to edit the Warlock.lua to match the rotation I wanted to use, but it didn’t work in-game. So, I had to uninstall the addon completely, and delete the settings, then install it again to reacquire the original Warlock.lua. I found a semi-new (works for 7.0) rotation to raid with, but even then, it stops working after a few cycles.

Newest rotation added into Warlock.lua that now shows in GS-E, and works for a few cycles, then stops:
    Sequences[‘DestructionRaid’] = {
    specID = 267,
    author = “Dezoran”,
    PreMacro = [[
    /startattack
    ]],
    “/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Immolate”,
    “/castsequence [nochanneling] !Conflagrate,!Chaos Bolt”,
    “/cast [nochanneling] !Chaos Bolt”,

PostMacro = [[
    /startattack
    /petattack
    /targetenemy
    /cast Havoc
    ]],
    }

All I’m trying to do is to find a decent rotational script that will cast Immolate, then Incinerate x4, and will cast Chaos Bolt and Conflagrate when capable. I know it’s impossible to craft a script that will cast things with variables such as soul shards and amana, etc. But I’m just looking for something that will get me through LFR raids with more than 15k dps, lol.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  TheZeldrak.
    TheZeldrak
    Grunt

If this helps at all, what I’m trying to find is a script that will:
    1) Cast Conflagrate on CD
    2) Cast Immolate to apply the DoT
    3) Cast Incinerate 3-5 times (if math is correct, you can cast Incinerate x10 before Immolate DoT falls)
    4) Cast Chaos Bolt to refill mana and use Soul Shards so as not to cap them

I don’t use the Fire and Brimstone talent. I’ve come into some bad situations with the AoE Incinerate. I’ve pulled mobs I didn’t need to pull because of it. My current talents are Roaring Blaze, Reverse Entropy, Demon Skin, Eradication, Dark Pact, Grimoire of Service, Soul Conduit (2, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2. 3).

If you could code a script for me to do this, and not freeze up or stop after just a cycle or two, then that would be great and I would be happy to somehow pay you for it.

LDAP
    Grunt

I had a similar issue, I found myself changing the name in the sequence tag to give it a different name and relogging while editing Macros. Not ideal, but I needed to get things done.

Profile photo of CymirycCymiryc
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)
    Mockery <The Dragons Salvation> of Saurfang -EU Level 110 Gnome Mage

Recent Activity

@TheZeldrak:
    Would you like to try this and see how you get on?

This shouldn’t cause you any lock up. Might not be the best DPS right now but can be tweaked, just trying to stop it from locking up on you at the moment.

Profile photo of TimothyLukeTimothyLuke
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Recent Activity

@TheZeldrak

Also, I’m completely logged out of the game and there is no file in that directory that you listed above. When I edit, I first tried editing in-game, but the rotation never changed.

Which version of GS-E are you using?

If prior to 1.3 then when you edit in game it makes a new macro called “LiveTest” for you to experiment with. You then need to save that out of the game into myMacros or similar and to see those changes you needed a /console reloadui to load the changes from the file. If you are using 1.3 and the macro hasn’t changed, thats a bug. It should have created a version 2 or better.

@LDAP are you getting that with 1.3?

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

TheZeldrak
    Grunt

I’m using the newest version. I think it’s 1.3. It’s the one listed on Curse Client, so I would assume it’s the most updated one.

@Cymiryc — I’ll give it a shot tomorrow evening when I get home. I’m no longer playing WoW this evening. That looks really similar to the one I was already using. What did you do to make it not lock up? Just curious since it looks really similar.

Profile photo of CymirycCymiryc
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)
    Mockery <The Dragons Salvation> of Saurfang -EU Level 110 Gnome Mage

Recent Activity

I removed Chaos Bolt from the /castsequence and left it on it’s own /cast which you had anyway.

The reason for this is because Chaos Bolts require 2 shards to be available to continue the macro.
    If you don’t have the 2 shards then it will lock up until they become available, but you can’t make them available because you have locked up…

Any ability that has a timer or requires a resource that sits at the end of a castsequence will probably lock up until the timer expires or enough of the resources become available so it’s best to put them on their own line.

TheZeldrak
    Grunt

@Cymiryc — I just got home and tried out your edit. It’s still locking up after about two or three cycles. I don’t know if it matters, but I’m testing it out on the training dummies in Stormwind. I’m using the Raider’s dummy. i’ve also got my ‘1’ key bound to my mouse wheel, so I can scroll and button-smash, but it still only does a few cycles, then it hangs up again and combat drops. Nothing happens when I scroll the wheel or press the button.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.