[Gnome Sequencer] [6.0.3] 1 Button PvE Glad / Prot Warrior Macro (DETAILED)

Hey guys, I’m back again, and this time here’s my Gladiator Stance / Protection Warrior Macro! Since I’m a mythic difficulty raider, I tailored this macro around using the best talents, and abilities possible… and at the right moments. Of course, not everything in this macro can be automated 100% and make you top DPS / Tank at a competitive level (it just makes things easier), that’s just impossible for ANY macro on this website. Now, on to the nitty gritty stuff. :slight_smile:

1.) Talents:

Double Time: Should be your default choice.
Enraged Regeneration: Should be your default choice.
Unyielding Strikes: Should be your default choice.
Storm Bolt: Single target fights. / Dragon Roar: Fights with more than 1 target.
Vigilance: Should be your default choice.
Bloodbath: Single target fights. / Bladestorm: Fights with more than 1 target.
Gladiator’s Resolve: Only option.

2.) Glyphs:

Glyph of Unending Rage: Should be your default choice.
Glyph of Cleave: Should be your default choice. It pairs perfectly with your Unyielding Strikes talent.
Third Glyph: Purely situational.

3.) The Macro:

If you wish to activate / deactivate certain abilities in this macro (see the Blood Fury line for example), simply add or remove the “–” before the desired line inside the macro. Certain abilities or items, you will need to fire off manually… such as: your DPS / Tank potion, Thunder Clap, Bladestorm, all defensive / mobility abilities, and most importantly… your Berserker Rage / Shield Block.

IMPORTANT: If you want your DPS / Tanking to be as optimal as it can be with this macro, be sure to have good control and uptime on your Enrage / Shield Block buffs… hence leaving Berserker Rage out of the macro, and putting Shield Block on a modifier. Leaving out Berserker Rage will ensure you have a backup to your Shield Slams, Devastates, and Blocks, not being critical strikes. Putting Shield Block on a modifier will ensure you have full control of when you need to block a high damage ability, or when you need your burst to do more damage. I’ve seen too many times where other people’s macros will use Shield Block when your Shield Slam, and Revenge have just gone on cooldown, wasting precious burst time.

NOTE: Hold the Shield Block mod to block an incoming high damage ability, or when you need your burst to do more damage. Hold the Heroic Strike mod to dump rage, or simply play off of your Unyielding Strikes talent (this mod will have very high uptime once you get ramped up).

ENJOY!!! :smiley:

Sequences['Prot'] = {
	'/cast Shield Slam',
	'/cast Revenge',
	--'/cast [combat] Blood Fury',
	'/cast [combat] Bloodbath',
	'/use [combat] 13',
	'/use [combat] 14',
	'/cast [mod:shift] Shield Block',
	'/cast [mod:alt] Heroic Strike',
	'/cast Shield Slam',
	'/cast Revenge',
	'/cast Victory Rush',
	'/cast Storm Bolt',
	'/cast [combat] Dragon Roar',
	'/cast Devastate',
	'/cast Shield Slam',
	'/cast Revenge',
}

I copied this into gnome sequencer but i cant get it to work, it keeps crashing wow.

o_O What the hell, lol? I had a guy on my Fury macro saying he’s getting a Gnome Sequencer error… I’m not sure what’s going on. They’re copied straight from my LUA file, and I run them all the time without any errors or hiccups.

Friendly bump. :slight_smile:

The best glad dps macro i have seen so far on this forum is this one. Been Running it in Highmaul Heroic and Normal pending on fight will push 19k - 27k movement etc, generally ill sit around 23k. Not sure who posted it on here… kudo’s to them though.

– Gladiator Warrior Single Target
Sequences[‘GWST2’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout
/castsequence reset=10 Shield Charge,heroic strike
/cast heroic strike
]],
‘/cast Shield Slam’,
‘/cast Revenge’,
‘/cast Devastate’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I tested this macro out for about 10 minutes and I already don’t like it. At the start of a fight it completely wastes the potential burst of Shield Block by using it right when you meet the rage requirement. If I was lucky, the buff would last me a whopping 8-9 seconds, rather than the full 14 seconds. Then, having Berserker Rage inside the macro completely made it a completely useless ability, activating either when I’m already enraged, or a few seconds into being enraged. Sorry, I personally like more control over my macros, while I’m sure others will like the 110% laziness with other people’s macros. I use mine to perform in mythic raiding, so I need all the functionality and control I can get. Have fun with yours though! :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa, double post glitch! :S

The reason why they don’t work is there’s a formatting issue with the forums that changes all of the ’ to ’ .

The user, after pasting the code in to his/her notepad of choice, needs to replace every ’ in the code to ’ in order to for it to work properly.

Oh alright, that makes sense then, thank you. :slight_smile:

Umm…you guys do know that whatever this bug is causes us to only see the same type of quotation marks, right?

I see: …the forums that changes all of the ‘ to ’ . and … needs to replace every ’ in the code to ‘

Both look like the same single quotes to me.

Can someone mail me a working copy of their sequences.lua to 0057f288@opayq.com? Please use Notepad++!

Thanks!

I just wanna say thanks to Steve. I had surgery on my left and then right arm and hand. I have been able to enjoy wow while healing. I think I am keeping them after though. Awesome work.

Thanks for the great macro, Steve! What addons, if any, do you use to monitor your buffs (enrage time left, shield block/charge counters, unyielding strikes stacks, ultimatum procs etc,) and do you have any settings you can export for us? Thanks again!

I just use ElvUI, and my buffs are displayed large above my unit frame, near my abilities, and my close to the middle of my screen. It’s all personal preference, if you want an addon, I’d get TellMeWhen, or WeakAuras.

UPDATED MACRO! I gave Shield Slam and Revenge more priority, it wasn’t always using them right when procs would become available. I tested it in a whole LFR session, and it uses them instantly on procs now, resulting in more DPS. Enjoy! :smiley:

Sequences['Prot'] = {
	'/cast [combat] Blood Fury',
	'/cast [combat] Bloodbath',
	'/cast [combat] Avatar',
	'/use [combat] 13',
	'/use [combat] 14',
	'/cast Shield Slam',
	'/cast Revenge',
	'/cast [mod:shift] Shield Block',
	'/cast [mod:alt] Heroic Strike',
	'/cast Shield Slam',
	'/cast Revenge',
	'/cast Victory Rush',
	'/cast [combat] Storm Bolt',
	'/cast [combat] Dragon Roar',
	'/cast Devastate',
	'/cast Shield Slam',
	'/cast Revenge',
}

I would like to ask, why do some of the macros have the same abilities repeated?

The reason for this is simple, this is not a rotation bot, it can’t follow certain scripts or a language to track buffs and cooldowns, it just cycles through all the abilities listed from top to bottom, since Bloodthirst for example is such a short cooldown, as it cycles down through the list, it gives it a higher chance of being used on cooldown. :slight_smile: