Gnome Sequencer F.A.Q

Now i have been working with this new addon for sometime and have made mistakes in no way am i a guru as well as learned much. so here are some things that may help.

1.i copy and paste and it still doesnt work

well to be honest that happened to me but when i indented the macro cast lines the macros started working.

2.i edit in game and reload and still nothing

i learned the hard way that on my system i needed to be logged out to the character screen in order for my changes to take effect

3.it keeps saying [toonname] says…[spell] in chat box window

what happened with me was anything i put in premacro got put in chat when i used the macro

4 watch todd’s video .its a great start area

5.dont be intimadated by the “coding”

6.most of all have fun

It’s really simple once you get use to it, I can remember when i first use Gnome Sequencer, it baffled me to hell. I couldn’t get it to work was getting Error when i tried using the Sequences. Now i don’t have that problem and oh yeah you know you can just type /reload ui once you’ve edited Sequences.lua and it will work. you don’t have to be out of the game or whatever just type /reload ui.

tried the reload …never took unless i logged out to character screen

Worked for me for some reason and still does. I must be lucky then.

i keep getting a gnomesequencer failed to load any advice? Yes I renamed the file to sequences.lua

it appears that different versions of windows and mac os react differently to certain coding.

some codes on win 7 don’t respond in 8.1 etc for example /targetenemy [noharm][dead] for some will work in pre macro and in win 8.1 it needs to be in the body with quotations “/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”, to work properly.

once again these are just my experiences that i m hoping will help others

How do I add sequences for my other toons? Do I just delete the macro that shows on my sequences.lua and add another? I think I found out how. I just hit enter after last sequence and make another. Right?

No that didnt work and now neither of the ones I made work so Ill delete my AoE one till I see a reply

I have this if it helps

local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

Sequences[“FeralST”] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
/cast Wild Charge
]],
‘/castsequence reset=10 Rake,Savage Roar,Shred,Shred,Shred,Rip,Rake,Shred,Shred,Ferocious Bite’,
‘/use [stealth]Rake’,
‘/use [combat]reset=60 Faerie Fire’,
[[/cast Tiger’s Fury]],
‘/cast Berserk’,
[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat] Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences[“FeralAoE”] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
/cast Wild Charge
]],
'/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Swipe, Savage Roar, Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Rip, Swipe, Thrash, Swipe, Ferocious Bite,

Swipe, Swipe’,
‘/use [stealth]Rake’,
‘/use [combat]reset=60 Faerie Fire’,
[[/cast Tiger’s Fury]],
‘/cast Berserk’,
[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat] Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

If I do it with out the second sequence it works.

Yeah, that’s the feral/guardian sequence I put in the druid forum. I updated it with new code blocks on that thread. For some reason, after Ferocious Bite, it put some blank lines when I posted the code here. I reposted a working sequence in that druid thread. but basically, if theres an error in formating, Gnome sequencer wont work at all.

/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Swipe, Savage Roar, Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Rip, Swipe, Thrash, Swipe, Ferocious Bite, Swipe, Swipe’,

Should be all one line.

would that casue all my slash commands to be in quotes?

Decided to take a shot at a tutorial video as well. Can be found at [Tutorial] GnomeSequencer Addon 6.0.3 - YouTube

[quote quote=18503]Decided to take a shot at a tutorial video as well. Can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3lJRQnrO0w
[/quote]

Great video I follow it exact cut and paste as below save as lua. I create Macro in game but when I key it nothing happens. Any help would be grand

Same as tony, i had follow the video tutorial but nothing when i push the key macro.
Someone know maybe why ?

Thanks a lot in advance guys and good job really !

can you guys please post the macros and we can help

Hi Baal, thanks for your reply.

I just copy past the maccro of Ingrid for pala ret, this one :

Sequences['Ret'] = {
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/cast Judgment',
    '/cast Crusader Strike',
    '/cast Exorcism',
    '/cast !Avenging Wrath',
    '/cast !Execution Sentence',
    "/cast Templar's Verdict" ,
    '/cast Hammer of Wrath',
    PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
    ]],
}

Sequences['RetAOE'] = {
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/cast Judgment',
    '/cast Hammer of the Righteous',
    '/cast Exorcism',
    '/cast !Avenging Wrath',
    '/cast Hammer of Wrath',
    PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
    ]],
}

My game is in french so i think maybe it’s the simple cote that they are not the same ? I’ll test to do it manually, do i have to put the french version name of spells ? or in english, do you think it work ?

Thanks for your fast answer.

Saza

i changed some minor things and these work fine for me as they are below

Sequences['Ret'] = {
PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
    '/cast Judgment',
    '/cast Crusader Strike',
    '/cast Exorcism',
    '/cast !Avenging Wrath',
    "/cast Templar's Verdict",
    '/cast Hammer of Wrath',
PostMacro = [[
    ]],
}

Sequences['RetAOE'] = {
PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
    '/cast Judgment',
    '/cast Hammer of the Righteous',
    '/cast Exorcism',
    '/cast !Avenging Wrath',
    '/cast Hammer of Wrath',
    '/use [combat]13',
    '/use [combat]14',    
PostMacro = [[
    ]],
}

It works fine for me now i test to write this code manually and it works.
One question about 2 lines.

‘/use [combat]13’, what is the purpose of this line ? the number define what ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

glad you got it working Saza .Use 13 & 14 are to utilize your trinkets that you have equipped

more specifically…

each equipped item has a number associated with it. The only one’s most people need (to know) are 13 and 14, which are the two trinket slots. If you are an engineer, and want to use your gloves enchant (Do they still have it? I don’t play my engineer toon very much any more, and not sure if it got nerfed with 6.0), but you could activate it with 10.

[combat] means, the trinket are ONLY activated if you are in combat.

Good, if you accidentally push the macro out of combat - so you don’t blow the trinket.