Gnome Sequencer for Idiots - Ask and you will be answered

Home/Lazy Macros/How To's/Gnome Sequencer for Idiots - Ask and you will be answered

Forums Forums Lazy Macros How To's Gnome Sequencer for Idiots - Ask and you will be answered

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Warlord
    (Moderator)
    Horribletank <reddit> of Sargeras -US Level 103 Human Paladin

Recent Activity

Finally, hunter SV and MM macros seem entirely dependent on modifiers and with an almost 4 button play…..that seems almost useless. Really wish there was a good MM macro that did not require modifiers. Good luck.

Most classes are going to require either modifier keys or multiple keys in order to macro. There are few exceptions, those classes with a strict priority cast order, such as prot pally. Anything more complicated, or with a more complicated cast mechanic like focus or combo points will require more interaction. Not much you can do about it without getting into botting because the macro would need additional information such as CDs or Focus levels that are not available to the macro system.

You can midigate it some by talent selection though. So rather than using the highest DPS active talent, maybe one with slightly less DPS, but passive use is available.

Experimentation is key. Usually you can get something usable for any class. I try to design my macros with physical disability in mind, not max DPS for the lazy. So i’ll take something that is more easily accessible for a macro over the top DPS.

Ray T.
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)
    Misformoo <Blackrose Guardians> of Mok'Nathal -US Level 102 Tauren Shaman

Recent Activity

For ppl not sure about GS, there are a few guides on YouTube that explain how to set it up. In addition when editing it, you’ll need to have notepad ++ to help edit and copying and pasting. Using regular notepad can alter symbols and spacing breaking the whole macro. When sharing the macro, it is ideal to do it in the black code box. The code button is above this box. For some reason when pasting the macro normally or in quotes it changes some symbols. When you go create the macro in game the name has to be exactly the same as the gs macro or it won’t work. If you name it correctly in game the text field in the macro box should auto populate

[/URL]

Netsyphen
    Warlord
    (Moderator)
    Horribletank <reddit> of Sargeras -US Level 103 Human Paladin

Recent Activity

For ppl not sure about GS, there are a few guides on YouTube that explain how to set it up. In addition when editing it, you’ll need to have notepad ++ to help edit and copying and pasting. Using regular notepad can alter symbols and spacing breaking the whole macro. When sharing the macro, it is ideal to do it in the black code box. The code button is above this box. For some reason when pasting the macro normally or in quotes it changes some symbols. When you go create the macro in game the name has to be exactly the same as the gs macro or it won’t work. If you name it correctly in game the text field in the macro box should auto populate

Notepad++ isn’t needed, notepad works just fine. Make sure you aren’t using wordpad or microsoft word. Notepad in all OSs has always been and will always be a plain text editor. Workpad however is a rich text editor and will F stuff up.

Ben Englebert
    Scout

Hi i downloaded GS 3 days ago and it was working fine but now it has stoped working for some reason havent changed anything.
    Has Wow stoped GS addon ?

Dwindlin
    Grunt

Maybe I’m just ignorant, but can you explain what the StepFunction is doing? No matter how long I stare at it I can’t seem to figure it out.

-Thanks

Ben Englebert
    Scout

i dont think GS is working atm but you download GS from http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23234-r1.html#info

download: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23234-r1.html#info
    extract zip : to you wow addons folder : World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
    then rename: exampleseqence folder to Sequence

open the Sequence.lua in c++ notpad or normal not pad and copy and paste the macros at the very bottom of the notbad

thats what iv been doing

Ben Englebert
    Scout

i dont think GS is working atm but you download GS from http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23234-r1.html#info

download: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23234-r1.html#info
    extract zip : to you wow addons folder : World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
    then rename: exampleseqence folder to Sequence

open the Sequence.lua in c++ notpad or normal not pad and copy and paste the macros at the very bottom of the notbad

thats what iv been doing

Anyone Youbet
    Grunt
    Keluss <Laughlins Hunters> of Ysera -US Level 105 Draenei Hunter

Recent Activity

Ok … I get all of the posts to date.
    I can even make it work for a single macro. I would like to see a example of more than one macro in the file.
    I want really four macros per toon
    So with seven toons,I would need 28 total macros in the file.
    Is that even possible?

I would make each macro the first three letters of the toon and 1,2,3,4 to keep everything straight.

Also the first sequence for all the macros are the same and the last of all the macros would also be the same.
    Thanks for your postings by the way.

Anyone Youbet
    Grunt
    Keluss <Laughlins Hunters> of Ysera -US Level 105 Draenei Hunter

Recent Activity

Ok … I get all of the posts to date. I can even make it work for a single macro. I would like to see a example of more than one macro in the file. I want really four macros per toon So with seven toons,I would need 28 total macros in the file. Is that even possible?
    I would make each macro the first three letters of the toon and 1,2,3,4 to keep everything straight.
    Also the first sequence for all the macros are the same and the last of all the macros would also be the same. Thanks for your postings by the way.

ok a simple look at the example file, clearly shows how to do it, sorry was a work on my phone.

just put one down and another etc. works like a charm.
    you may just delete my post if you wish.

Foke
    Grunt
    Mellyodas <For the Alliance> of Nemesis -US Level 100 Human Warrior

Recent Activity

everytime i execute a macro i just auto-attack
    whats wrong?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 415 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.