Gnome Sequencer German language

Hello,

1. Gnome Sequencer works fine with my german client. But i have problems with umlauts (ä,ö,ü) or ß. This skills don´t work and will be ignored.

2. Another, not so important, problem is that my sound is playing (Ist noch nicht bereit -> Spell not ready)

3. Last question, with how many ms you are spamming the macro?

Here my edited macro from hunter:

Sequences[‘SVST’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Kochendes Blut
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
‘/cast !Schwarzer Pfeil’,
‘/cast Stampede’, -> Die Vögel don´t work
‘/cast Explosivschuss’,
‘/cast Explosivschuss’,
‘/cast Glevenwurf’,
‘/cast Arkaner Schuss’,
‘/cast Explosivschuss’,
‘/cast Explosivschuss’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Kobraschuss’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] !Kobraschuss’,
‘/cast Stampede’, -> Die Vögel don´t work
‘/cast Explosivschuss’,
‘/cast Explosivschuss’,
‘/cast Glevenwurf’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Kobraschuss’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] !Kobraschuss’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/cast !Schwarzer Pfeil
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

I hope you can help my. And i wish all a good slide in the new year.

Greeting
mdj108

Question, does a macro, not gnome sequencer, work if it is simply “/cast Die Vögel” Is the answer is yes, then the problem is in Gnome Sequencer’s language settings.

If the answer is no, then the problem is in the name itself.

I have not dug into Gnome Sequencer’s parser, but I suspect it is performing a lookup against the internal trigger list in WoW so that ultimately /cast Die Vögel is really /c 131894

Also “Die Vögel” is not “Stampede”, it is “A Murder of Crows” (literally “The Birds”). So if you are specced into “Stampede” and not “Die Vögel”, ““Die Vögel”” will never work

GnomeSequencer does not parse the macro as such, it just sends it directly to the game’s parser via a secure frame. So I think the problem is more likely to be the format of the text file ‘Sequences.lua’

To handle non US/GB characters correctly, the file needs to be encoded as UTF-8, the example file is encoded as ANSI

Try the following:

Download Notepad++ - it’s an excellent souped up version of Notepad I use for creating all my addons, and best of all, it’s free.

Open your Sequences.lua using Notepad++ (notepad++ should recognise it as a lua file and add some colouring to it, I have an additional file that will allow it to recognise most WoW commands if anyone wants it)

On the “Encoding” menu, ensure “Encode as UTF-8” is selected, then save your file

The game client should correctly read any umlauts or eszetts encoded this way. Let us know if it works for you.

Forgot to mention, an alternative to the above to convert the characters to UTF encoding manually, using the table from here:

so

/cast Die Vögel

becomes

/cast Die V\195\182gel

But, as you can see, that’s not a great solution (but one used by a lot of addons)

Hello both,

thanks it works.

To 2)
PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Kochendes Blut
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
My mistake, disable sound need be before the spell will cast.

To 3)
I spam my macro now with 0.1s, i don´t know it´s best, but it works ok.

@Robert:
I know that “Stampede” is not “A Murder of Crows”. I used “Stampede” because “Die Vögel” don´t work.

@Deepac:
I downloaded Notepad++ and do the settings. This was the solution. Thank you a lot. But now my DPS is sinking extremly. But this is not a problem by the tool, this is a problem by changing the macro. I need to change it a little bit.

Hallo zusammen, leider ist mein englisch sehr schlecht , bin daher auf der suche nach einer deutschen Anleitung, bzw Tutorial. Wäre nett wenn mir Jemand erklären könnte wie ich Gnome Sequencer zum laufen bekomme mit einem deutschen Client.