gnome sequencer its self

hi guys
i’m having a problem installing gnome sequencer…I have tried several times to instal it and im to the point that I want to give up ive even gone as far as watching a couple of vids on it and trust me their far and few between please please someone help out with this as I can not get it to work once ive installed it…even with copy and paste of the macros that are made by y’all
ty

sorry guys I realize that I posted this in the wrong area i’d change it to the right place but cant so if you could please bear with me

Not trying to sound or be condescending but these are some of the things that people might be missing. This is something new on these forums and its better to put the information out rather then getting frustrated and miss out on a good thing. I know I was clueless for a long time and eventually decided to did the info myself for better understanding.

1. When renaming the ExampleSequences.lua to Sequences.lua make sure that you dont have file extension hidden in your windows setting. You can google how to show file extensions. If you have the file extension hidden you may be renaming the file to Sequences.lua.lua where the second.lua is hidden. This will make it not work.

2. Download and install notepad++. Right click on Sequences.lua file and open it with notepad++. Notepad may be entering unwanted/unseen characters/symbols in the macro and that will make the macro not work

3. First line in the macro for example Sequences[‘BloodDK’] = {…macro stuff} should not have any blank spaces. Sequences[‘Blood DK’] = {…} will not work

4. Dont delete anything in the default ExampleSequences.lua, now renamed as Sequences.lua. Just add your macros at the end.

5. Once the macros are setup launch game and create a blank macro with the same name as for example BloodDK if you have Sequences[‘BloodDK’] = {…}

6. If the spell name has apostrophe for example Templar’s Verdict, you just cant put in /cast Templar’s Verdict. You have to put it as [[/cast Templar’s Verdict]] or “/cast Templar’s Verdict”. " " and [[ ]] is the same thing from what I understand.

7. When you install the addon this is how it should be
    C:…\Interface\Addons\GnomeSequencer\Core.lua
    C:…\Interface\Addons\GnomeSequencer\Sequences.lua
    C:…\Interface\Addons\GnomeSequencer\GnomeSequencer.toc

If I missed some obvious thing that may result in the macros not working please add it.

Ty Gen Coupe I hope this works but I will let you know if it doesnt

well I tried it just now not less than 5 mins ago at 10:24 am on 11/25 and still nothing even with rewriting them word for word with no spaces this is getting very frustrating for me lol

Can you post your macro? That would help isolating the issue

I had issues with it too. Rewrite every ’ and " in the macro. That fixed my problem. Also in the title for the macro like BloodDK, it needed " instead of ’ for me. Hope that helps!

Sequences[“Frost”] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/cast !Obliterate’,
‘/cast Howling Blast’,
‘/cast Plague Strike’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost’,
‘/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon’,
‘/cast [combat] Oralius’ Whispering Crystal’,
}

Sequences[“Shadow”] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
]],
‘/cast Vampiric Embrace’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague,Mind Flay,Mind Flay’,
‘/cast [combat,nochanneling] Shadowfiend’,
‘/cast Halo’,
‘/use [combat,nochanneling] 13’,
‘/use [combat,nochanneling] 14’,
‘/cast !Shadow Word: Death’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Sequences[‘Destro’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/castsequence reset=target Conflagrate, Incinerate, Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
]],
‘/cast !Chaos Bolt’,
‘/cast !Shadowburn’,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

also I noticed that when I make the button …click ok…and save that there is nothing in the box where the macro should be that states click on such and such button
ty for responding so quickly

WOOT!!! for some reason when I downloaded the new verson 1414729794-GnomeSequencer r2 the dang thing started working
ty to the both of you on responding and being a help
Charles

Sequences[“Frost”] = {
Sequences[“Shadow”] = {

should be a single quote ’ not a double quote "

Sequences['Shadow'] = {
Sequences['Frost'] = {

#4 isn’t entirely correct. You ONLY have to have the very first line from the original .lua file, after that you can delete all that extra junk and just put in your personal macros.
Please see my file that has a few classes, all working/tested.

This has macros listed on this site, I just customized them a little.
https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pli/Sequences.zip/_8c55e49ab5c44b55893f2280ab42548b

It honestly, would be better if people didn’t use single quotes in posts. It causes issues because of the different types of ’ vs `. The following is a working deathknight sequences.lua file:

local _, Sequences = ... -- Don't touch this

Sequences["Frost2H"] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
    ]],
	[[/cast !Obliterate]],
	[[/cast Howling Blast]],
	[[/cast Plague Strike]],
	[[/cast Soul Reaper]],
	[[/cast Obliterate]],
	[[/cast Frost Strike]],
	[[/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost]],
	[[/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Sequences["FrostDW"] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	[[/cast Soul Reaper]],
	[[/cast Plague Strike]],
	[[/cast Frost Strike]],
	[[/cast Pillar of Frost]],
	[[/cast Anti-Magic Shell]],
	[[/cast Howling Blast]],
	[[/cast Obliterate]],
	[[/cast Blood Tap]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Sequences["Unholy"] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	[[/cast !Death Coil]],
	[[/cast [combat]13]],
	[[/cast [combat]14]],
	[[/cast Outbreak]],
	[[/cast Plague Strike]],
	[[/cast [combat]Blood Boil]],
	[[/cast [combat]Remorseless Winter]],
	[[/cast Festering Strike]],
	[[/cast Dark Transformation]],
	[[/cast Plague Leech]],
	[[/cast Death Coil]],
	[[/cast Soul Reaper]],
	[[/cast [combat] Summon Gargoyle]],
	[[/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell]],
	[[/cast !Death Coil]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

everything between [[ code ]] is a step.