Gnome Sequencer Not Working! Help!

I have watched so many videos and tutorials, read absolutely everything I can on how to make this add-on work but I’m failing somewhere! I download it, put it in the addon file, rename the sequences file, (since I’m new) copy and paste a just SINGLE macro to test it out. When I load WoW, it’s not on my add ons list. It’s not anywhere in the game. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Please help!

Hi Fenris

GS does not show up as a addon in game. You can also test it without having to add anything to the .lua file

Try the following:

1. Go into game and select a character and load in
  2. Type /macro and your macro ui should pop up
  3. Add a new macro and call it GnomeExample1
  4. Add the macro to the action bar and click it

You should see
Executing macro 1!
Executing macro 2!
Executing macro 2!

This is a Easy way to test if GS is working then all you need to do from there is create new macros with the name of the Sequences

Tried that and it did nothing. I guess I should be mentioning that I’m running the game on a Mac if that makes any difference.

same using mac os… anyone can help to make it work.
click macro but nothing happen

Have you read my over arching “common mistakes with Gnome Sequencer files”?

All of my debugging is done on a Mac, with GS the OS is irrelevant as it is passing a LUA file into WoW.

If, after reading my above referenced post you are still having problems you can send me your GS folder or Sequences.LUA file but you will notice there are no new entries after #11 because those 11 are the ONLY issues I have come across in GS that cause GS to fail completely.

I will go over the thread again to see if I missed anything but I’m pretty sure I didn’t.

Update: I reinstalled it, Just changed the Name of .lua file and that’s it. Went into WoW and it works. Did the exact same thing last time, not sure what went wrong but it works now. Thank you for your help. =)

Hello!

Im have the same issue as Fenris. Gs is not showing in my addons list. I have turned on the file extensions option in windows folders, and named file “Sequences” so as not to repeat the “.lua.lua” issue. I also have my “out of date” option checked, and made sure its is installed in the addons folder in wow… But the addon still does not show up, show when a make the icon with the same name as the sequence nothing pops up in the macro area where the spell would be.

Thank you

[quote quote=22217]Hello!
Im have the same issue as Fenris. Gs is not showing in my addons list. I have turned on the file extensions option in windows folders, and named file “Sequences” so as not to repeat the “.lua.lua” issue. I also have my “out of date” option checked, and made sure its is installed in the addons folder in wow… But the addon still does not show up, show when a make the icon with the same name as the sequence nothing pops up in the macro area where the spell would be.
Thank you
[/quote]
Make certain the GnomeSequencer folder has the files in it and not another folder named gnomesequencer.

I deleted the gnomesequencer .zip file so that the only file named GS was the extracted one. It still does not show up in my addon list.

Thanks

Anyone?? Im starting to think GS isn’t supported in WoW anymore…

yer i’v tried everything think dosnt work no one had to for 3 days

Yeah, no one has responded to my question in almost a week…Sucks would of liked to use this addon.

GS works fine. Follow the instructions step by step and it works. The only reason for it not to work is if you did something different during install. There are only 11 issues that I have seen in over 120 sequencer installs I have worked on, they are all documented in the thread “common mistakes in gnome sequencer files” None of them relate tot he install of gnome sequencer as it works just fine. All of them have to do with people blindly copying sequences from places that either never did work or cannot simply be copied.

So if it did work and stopped: You broke it,reverse what you did.
If it never worked delete it and actually follow the installation instructions, test it then add a macro. Make certain you have error reporting turned on as people seem to skip that part.

It is posts like these that have made me stop supporting GS because it is always the same 11 issues and the fixes have all already been documented.

Does that make me a jerk? Maybe but at this point after 127 fixes, 4 thanks and people asking the same questions over and over because they will simply not read I have given up.

I have this problem and i cant seem to find your response to it…

what about, not getting any error ingame, creating the new macro, putting in the right name and the macro field stays clean? #showtooltip and /click “name macro” isnt appearing :frowning:

ok i have a problem GS work but i am localized in french country not france )
we have accent on some letter seem £GS wont launch line where an accent is located in it ;
that can be solved ? am i the only freznch user notice that ?

type /gs that will show you if you have in loaded

Hey, man, this thread you replied in is eight years old…

1 Like