Gnome Sequencer saying too many macros but count is wrong

Im getting an message when i try to create an icon in gnome sequencer enhanced, that i can only have a maximum of 18 macros per character and i have 17. I actually only have 5. I’ve had more, but they were deleted. Does anyone know how i get it to clear? I’ve tried /reload, and getting in an out of wow, but same message.

any help appreciated!

Its something I am looking into. I’m not sure what it is counting but it needs to go back to school and learn how to count. In the interim - You can work around this by turning on the Overflow option in GSE’s options.

As a fellow coder, i feel your pain LOL. Its the ‘easy’ things that i spend the most time on. THANK YOU so much for getting back to me. I will try that!

I am having the same problem but can not find the overflow option u talk about . Please help I currently have no macros installed as I tried a reinstall . Now trying to load them on for my druid. Than you in advance for any advice

Is this still being looked into? Im having the same issue but seemingly only on my paladin. Everything imports and lets me create icons perfectly.

also, I cant see the overflow option in the Options menu anyhere

thanks for all your hard work with this!

I’m suffering under the same Bug. :frowning:

Only my hunter so far is having this message, even though he has currently no macro at all. It won’t allow me to add another one and create an Icon.

No Overflow found in Options either.

I’m suffering under the same Bug. :frowning:

Only my hunter so far is having this message, even though he has currently no macro at all. It won’t allow me to add another one and create an Icon.

No Overflow found in Options either.

I found out, that Macros which I have deleted some time ago are able of being reimported again, and they work. So GS seems to save These Macros in some files and still read them into the addon, so that it thinks they are still there, even if you delete them in the addon ingame, they are still there somewhere. Any Tip where I can search?

I really need more information.

Exactly how many character macros do you have and how may global macros do you have?

The option you are looking for is: “Use Global Account Macros”. It even has a tooltip saying what it does.

Sub note - if you want to make sure I know about something raise it on github as if it’s not in the list there I won’t be spending any time fixing it.

1 Like

Well I have never been talked on this site before but I think i found the cure for this. Im no programmer so hope this helps you Mr Lukes. This is what I did

-Backup GSE.LUA from (Wow folder)-WTF-Account-(Account name)-GSE.LUA
-Uninstall GSE

• Go to Character folder – (Wow folder)-WTF-Account-(Account name)-(server name)- (toons name)
    -Deleted macros-cache.old and macro-cache.txt
    -Reinstalled /tested it worked
    -reinstalled backed up GSE.LUA
    -Tested…Woot All good!

Hope this helps you all out there. Also I have only seen this happen on my hunter and I have one of every class at max level.

thanks
Mo

Thanks, That worked for me :slight_smile: