Forums Forums Website News GS-E Future Questions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)

HI Everyone,

The changes made to GS-E have been literally things that I thought would make things easier … ironically enough … for me. To do that being able to bundle up a collection of macros ready for Legion as an addon mod and be able to manage the macros by spec etc was to make maintaining things easier.

The question is where to from here?

Thoughts I have had were

• a way to create Sequences in game
    • the ability to have the macros that were assigned a 0 be added to the global macro tab and for a specific specs macros to be added to the character macro tab
    • adding a default icon to a macro based on spec but then allow an author to override that. eg Have a Retribution icon for Ret macros but then allow someone to choose the Ashbringer icon to display instead as a default.

The second one is probably easier than then first and the third is a simple matter of programming but what would make this useful for people?

The GitHub repository for this is locate at https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced

BattleNet: TimothyLuke#1860
    WowLazyMacros/Curse/GitHub/WowInterface: TimothyLuke

Most Commonly Played Characters:
    Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

Præcis
    First Sergeant

I’m using it in the Legion Beta, seems to work fine.
    Cant wait for Legion to launch! 🙂

Keep up the good work, and let me know if you need help testing anything 🙂

BTW: it seems there’s a missing } in the mage.lua in arcaneaoe segment. That makes the addon throw lua errors.

lloskka
    First Sergeant

Hey everyone.

a way to create Sequences in game THE FINAL PIECE TO CROWN THE ADDON!, if you can make it work, a way to test ourselves abilities and rotation ( im touching my self right now )

the ability to have the macros that were assigned a 0 be added to the global macro tab and for a specific specs macros to be added to the character macro tab this is a minor problem, but for people with lots of characters-intra-servers could be good!

adding a default icon to a macro based on spec but then allow an author to override that. eg Have a Retribution icon for Ret macros but then allow someone to choose the Ashbringer icon to display instead as a default. nice touch, to maintain smooth play

AND NOW,IMPORTANT THING.

WE NEED PEOPLE, TO LEARN AND TRY AND FIX, TRUE LAZY MACROS FOR LEGION

I THINK MOST PEOPLE WAIT THE JOB TO BE DONE, AND NOT EVEN SAY THANK YOU IS THE WORST
    THING TO SAY TO THE FACE OF DEVELOPERS / CREATORS.

PLEASE HELP TO GROW THIS COMMUNITY

TimothyLuke
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)

These two parts are in 0.4

• the ability to have the macros that were assigned a 0 be added to the global macro tab and for a specific specs macros to be added to the character macro tab
    • adding a default icon to a macro based on spec but then allow an author to override that. eg Have a Retribution icon for Ret macros but then allow someone to choose the Ashbringer icon to display instead as a default.

I have changes this so that only those with a SpecID are added to the characters personal macros tab.

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

Josh Hopkins
    Grunt

This looks amazing. Thanks for your efforts.

TimothyLuke
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)

The first part of

• a way to create Sequences in game

was just checked into Git. with the version there you can do a /gs export sequencename eg
    /gs export Ret and it will print the sequence. When I get my next chunk of slack time it will create a copy/paste frame that the output of this will go into.

The step after that will be the ability to create a Sequence and use it before exporting it back out.

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

TimothyLuke
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)

I just checked in a rough first cut of stuff into Git. There is a lot of functionality to add to this and it hasn’t been debugged yet. There is a third folder called GS-SequenceEditor. This will contain the sequence editor itself. (I do a bunch of coding in a place where i don’t have the game and then correct it at home.)

I have made it separate as it will be huge in comparison to GS-E. To make things easier for me, as it will be GUI heavy, this will be coded as an ACE Addon. By keeping it seperate the core of GS will still be small and light. This will depend on GS-Core but GS-Core will be able to operate without it.

If you are downloading from GIT you should be able to just disable this in your in game add on list without noticing any impact to GS-E.

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

lloskka
    First Sergeant

Very very nice Draik 😉

TimothyLuke
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)

Sequence Viewer
    Preview of Sequence Editor

Im getting there. You can now load in a sequence but the Test button doesnt quite work yet.

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

TimothyLuke
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)

Im uploading 0.5 of GS-E to Wowinterface. The ingame editor is included. For details on how to use it see https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced/wiki/Using-the-Sequence-Editor

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.