GS-E Spitz PVE

First off, my hat goes off to Aaralak for his amazing macro. I used it ever since Legion dropped and the burst is insane.

However, after looking at the raid logs from this week I see almost every single top feral utilizes Savage Roar so I had to come up with something that incorporates it. Keep in mind people that we are under the constraints of a macro that simply can’t do things a 3rd party program can do. Trust me I know…I was a bad boy in the past who got a 6 month ban for using Honorbuddy paid rotations. Then I found Soapbox rotations but only used it for a month and boy was I glad I stopped since they had a ban wave just before Legion dropped. So no more botting for me at all. So this is the next best thing. I would love it if we were able to write these macro how we wanted. I would love to be able to use Rake + 5point Rip just after a Healing Touch proc using Bloodtalons…but we simply can’t if we only want to use 1 button. All of that in mind I wrote this macro. Compared to Aaralak’s, this one has no burst but the long game is where it shines. 5+ minutes.

Sequences['Spitz_Feral'] = {
author="Spitz",
specID=103,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 3311322',
PreMacro = [[
/cast [@focus,dead] Rebirth
/cast [noform:2] !Cat Form
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
]],
"/castsequence reset=combat Rake, Moonfire, Shred, Savage Roar, Shred, Rake, Moonfire, Shred, Rip",
"/cast [combat] Tiger's Fury",
"/cast [combat] Mighty Bash",
"/cast [combat] Ashamane's Frenzy",
[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player, combat] Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1]],
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

The uptime of Savage Roar and Rip are not 100% but they are as close as I can get while maintaining a good long run dps. Before combat I use Healing Touch and stealth near boss. I also pop my racial and Berserk on a macro about 2 secs after I start this macro. I use AutoHotKey at 200ms.

Here is a SS of Aaralak’s after 6 minutes (keep in mind, the first 60-90 secs of his, I’m sitting around 220k, then it dives off):
http://imgur.com/a/wrCGo

Here is mine after about 6 minutes 10secs (I kinda lost track of time popping cooldowns again after 3 minutes):
http://imgur.com/a/zMbSn

The screenshots are of me at 836 ilvl, cheap gems/enchants, rank 16 artifact (would be higher but my bear arti is rank 14).Feel free to critique, modify, test. I really wanted to add Ferocious Bite but I could not fit it in AND keep Rip/Savage Roar up as much as possible.

AOE: Please note! This requires a target swap after you see Moonfire go off. You only have to switch between 2 mobs (not 3 or more) being this has Rake and Moonfire in the macro, once you Moonfire the 2nd target, the DoTs will have fallen off of the 1st target.

Sequences['SpitzAOE_Feral'] = {
author="Spitz",
specID=103,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 3311322',
PreMacro = [[
/cast [@focus,dead] Rebirth
/cast [noform:2] !Cat Form
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
]],
"/castsequence reset=combat Rake, Moonfire, Thrash, Swipe, Savage Roar, Rake, Moonfire, Thrash, Swipe",
"/cast [combat] Tiger's Fury",
"/cast [combat] Mighty Bash",
"/cast [combat] Ashamane's Frenzy",
[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player, combat] Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1]],
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

I tried to make one that only used Thrash and Swipe but the dps was laughable. The DoTs are still where it’s at for ferals. This keeps Savage Roar up 100% and the Thrash DoT near 100% of the time.

Amazing ! Mostly played random bgs and its really great. Thank you !

Amazing and worked well in PvPand PvE with more gear and 3rd slot relic should get me around nearly 300k i

Great! :slight_smile: Thank you, it’s working well.

That’s awesome mate! Definitely a noticeble DPS boost on single target, this worth a honorable mention on High Performance Macro :slight_smile:
Many thanks for sharing, much appreciated :smiley:

And if anyone is able to make one or mod this one to be able to include a Ferocious Bite somewhere…I would love the feedback. I just don’t see it being possible to include unless either Savage Roar or Rip falls off. Feral is one of those where a macro won’t put anyone in the top parses. Because I guarantee you if you look at warcraftlogs.com, every top feral’s top damage is Rip by far…and I know it’s because they are hitting Rake and 5 point Rip after they proc Bloodtalons. Feral has drawn a somewhat short straw if you will in the macro department.

Can you do one for Soul of the Feast ?

wen i youse this one it just keep saying “you are in shapeshift form” when i’m in a fight ?

[quote quote=33972]Can you do one for Soul of the Feast ?
[/quote]

Believe me, I’ve done almost every combination of all 3 bottom talents and there just isn’t anything better. I tried one with Soul thinking I could make it do double Ferocious Bites before having to refresh the next Rip. I’ve tried a really long macro with Sabertooth/Savage Roar keeping Rip/Savage up 100% of the time but the dps lose is too big not having Jagged Wounds. The feral bread and butter are the dots and Jagged is a must. And don’t get me started on the trash known as Elune’s Guidance and Moment of Clarity…Icy Veins is right about those 2…no situation is called for needing either of those 2.

hI ANY AOE MACRO ?
CAN YOU DO SOMETHING ABAUT
THX

Hi. Love the macro. Are you guys usually spam this on trash mobs or is it intended only for bosses?.

Added AOE macro to original post.

Very nice idea with the Moonfire on AOE :slight_smile: I will try it tonight. Your single target macro works great- thank you!! Most time a am at the top. But i just had a Boomkin on a normal dungeon with 70 Item Level below me. His damage close to my one. Are boomkins so mutch stronger or was he just a realy good player ?

Any chance to have one with Soul of the Feast just as alternative? I’m still feeling this talent is better in DG

[quote quote=34005]Very nice idea with the Moonfire on AOE ??? I will try it tonight. Your single target macro works great- thank you!! Most time a am at the top. But i just had a Boomkin on a normal dungeon with 70 Item Level below me. His damage close to my one. Are boomkins so mutch stronger or was he just a realy good player ?
[/quote]

Was he close to you on single target boss fight where you pop your CDs or was he close on trash? Feral aoe on trash is a joke right now, I think every class has better aoe than ferals at the moment. If he was close on single target then it can be a combo of things. This is just a 1 button macro and not a 3rd party program doing optimal rotation, he could have been really good (or maybe he is using 3rd party bot) or the situation of the fight(s).

Ah yap, most times it was AOE Damage. I didnt knew that we are that weak in AOE. Anyway - i prefer to shine on bossfights :slight_smile:

“use predator and SOTF for solo”

Now need someone to make macro for dis

Hey Spitz, i am just thinking to change my 45ér talent to “Guardian Affinity”. I read anywhere that ferals doing more AOE in Bearform. That is hard to me to test, since my self builded macros tends to stuck. So i dont know if its bullshit ^^ And i would love to have a “Oh shit-button” that saves me from dying.

Would it be possible for you to create this/these macro(s) someday ?

[quote quote=34037]“use predator and SOTF for solo”
Now need someone to make macro for dis
[/quote]

That would be really good for soloing. In that case I would suggest still using Aaralak’s macro and just remove the moonfire for a shred.

[quote quote=34051]Hey Spitz, i am just thinking to change my 45ér talent to “Guardian Affinity”. I read anywhere that ferals doing more AOE in Bearform. That is hard to me to test, since my self builded macros tends to stuck. So i dont know if its bullshit ^^ And i would love to have a “Oh shit-button” that saves me from dying.
Would it be possible for you to create this/these macro(s) someday ?
[/quote]

And yes my guardian spec does better aoe damage than my feral spec. I would even suggest that if you are leveling, do it in guardian spec and use Raze48’s bear macro…can pull a few mobs with that one. Once I hit 110 and went into Surramar, I did every quest in there as Guardian and pulled multiple mobs at once. I’ll check into a feral spec bear build later.