Forums Forums Classes Death Knights Blood PvE GS/ GSE2.0 7.2.5 Blood

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Warlord
    (Moderator)
    #29460 |

Updated 6 June 2017
    Below is my current tank Macro in GSE2.0 format (cheers Embraced Chaos for the conversion)
    with the older one below for those still using old GSE versions

Tab 2 of the macro is for those specced with Blood Drinkler

Updated, revision to try and eliminate issues with DnD target reticle in the Blooddrinker version

Old GS and GSE version

`

just a quick test vid showing it in action in a raid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V3tHi2YU3I&feature=youtu.be

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by  John Mets.
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by  John Mets.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by  John Mets.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by  John Mets.
    John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

Just a quick update, now it gets about 7-9 stacks of gorging

Jimmy Boy Albrecht
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

What are your talents? 🙂

Jimmy

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

What are your talents? ?

Jimmy

Currently are 2 2 1 2 2 1 3,
    But like I mentioned in the OP Heart breaker, Soulgorge and Ossuary are the only must haves if running this macro. I know Soulgorge is not getting much love in the beta forums because its ‘apparently’ hard to manage. but this macro handles it just fine providing a decent amount of stacks to keep the rune at a steady recycle rate. Heart breaker and Ossuary, help with the RP generation and Death strike frequency.
    The biggest hurdle is the resource generation and slowing of rotations forcing in idle windows where you’re expected to do nothing but auto attack. Bliz seems to encourage this by adding effects to auto attacks like for blood DKs proccing free DnD etc. So I try to focus on talents for now that improve resource generation or makes actions cheaper. I will change once I start to factor in Artifact weapons.

Grunt

Why Deaths Caress? Blood Boil does more damage and is AoE.

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

Why Deaths Caress? Blood Boil does more damage and is AoE.

That it does but If you look at the talents its running Soulgorge, that removes the dot from blood boil as a trade off for being spammable. so I have a deaths caress only to apply the dot.

The reason I have specced this way, to begin with, is resource stability.
    normally I like many, would find the soulgorge talent crap, however, because the macro takes care of its management you can have on average from my tests. of 7-12% increased rune recycle rate (as pre pre patch) which in short fights means nothing but longer ones made for a more stable rotation with far less down time. meaning you can Heart Strike more, thus Death Strike more often and so forth.

This macro works fine without it and you can spec out and remove Soulgorge and death strike. but you will find periods of downtime due to runes on CD and no RP so you’re left with just auto attacks and blood boil. which I find not very effective to tank with.

Grunt

should there be a gap between the death strike and the post macro script? I’m not very savy on making these things.

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

should there be a gap between the death strike and the post macro script? I’m not very savy on making these things.

no but still works all the same, but I will punish myself for being lazy during testing

Scout

Another Macro that goes diffrently more according to icy veins
    Talents = 2,2,1,2,3,3,3

Profile photo of MarkedAngelMarkedAngel
    Grunt

I just want to say many thank you to John for this. It fires off nicely and doesn’t hang up. I don’t have hardly any white/auto space which is nice. Has decent self healing also. Tested out in raid, and Mythic Dungeons it was around 72-80k dps on single target and 120-180k on large AOE pulls and hps is around 45-50k at 745 ilvl. I am using Blood Mirror instead of Purgatory gotta trust your healers right lol!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.