GS-E/GS-E2 7.3 FROST

Update 29th August 2017
With the advent of 7.3 these macros are still solid just some talent swaps
Im kind of glad I stuck with my Oblit instead of getting on the BoS bandwagon.

some things I have noticed Im getting more dps personally with Avalanche but you may not and just go ice caps instead.

For those using Cold Heart Chest Leggo. if you add /cast Chains of Ice in the Pre Macro, and set a loop limit to about 15. this should have your procs covered. depending on resources it may fire sooner than 20 seconds but it’s a decent ball park you can always adjust the loop limit yourself to suit. not it will fire off the bat as well
example

Sequences['Oblit'] = {
  Author="John metz",  
  SpecID=251,
  Talents = "3133231",
  Help = "Obliteration Raid Build. with a focus of single target with a bit of cleave damage",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost",
        "/cast [combat] Obliteration",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Howling Blast",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Frost Strike",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Remorseless Winter, Frost Strike, Obliterate",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Howling Blast, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Obliterate, Empower Rune Weapon",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Obliterate",
        "/cast [combat] Frost Strike",
        "/cast [combat] Obliterate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/targetenemy  [noharm][dead]",
      },
    },
  },
}

Next is the AOEDF renamed Frostscythe due to DFST becoming redundant,which is the frost scythe (machenegun)

Sequences['Frostscythe'] = {
  Author="John Metz",  
  SpecID=251,
  Talents = "3,1,3,3,2,1,1",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/gs-ptr-dual-frost/page/7/#post-35102",
  Help = "Frost AoE Frostscythe build inteded for Mythic dungeons and anywhere you want AoE focused damage.",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Remorseless Winter, Frost Strike, Frostscythe",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Howling Blast, Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Frostscythe, Frostscythe",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Empower Rune Weapon",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Glacial Advance",
        "/cast [combat] Frost Strike",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/targetenemy  [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Anti-Magic Shell",
      },
    },
  },
}

Below is the BoS macros, due to the way the BoS build works I am unable to produce a single button macro
that effectively manage all the cooldowns for decent performance. BoS is the meat and potato macro with BoS breath for when you want the Breath to go off usually once you have 70+ RP banked up. Alt Howling Blast is used on rime procs, and you have to manually apply Hungering rune weapon, usually i apply it when 2 or less runes are available.

Sequences['BoSbreath'] = {
  Author="John Metz",  
  SpecID=251,
  Talents = "3313232",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Spell_Deathknight_FrostPresence',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=1  Breath of Sindragosa, null",
        "/cast Obliterate",
        "/cast Pillar of Frost",
        "/cast Remorseless winter",
        "/cast Horn of Winter",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Sequences['BoS'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=251,
  Talents = "3223232",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:shift] Frost Strike",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Obliterate, Howling Blast, Remorseless Winter, Obliterate, Obliterate",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Howling Blast, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Howling Blast",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Howling Blast, Obliterate, Frost Strike",
        "/cast [combat] Horn of winter",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell",
      },
    },
  },
}

Yeah man, Works awesome!

I agree. Seems like HB works as a filler when it procs off. Same as with OB. I couldn’t seem to macro it well for some reason. Looks like yours works off from it pretty well. :slight_smile:

If people don’t like the alt command in the macro? Just put Howling Blast on your 2nd button, Mash it when it procs off. :stuck_out_tongue:

yup can do that instead of the alt command and its fine, for me i only use the alt version as i tend to proc rime quite a lot and the alt version adds it to the rest of the macro but either works fine.

You have Horn of Winter in there but not talented? To me it seems a dps increase without it.

[quote quote=29558]You have Horn of Winter in there but not talented? To me it seems a dps increase without it.

[/quote]

Correct, During the macro creation and initial testing I had it in there due to resource issues once I had the rotation sorted forgot to remove. I’ve updated it to what I currently run which is basically the same minus the horn, I have also changed my Talents a little which yields more DPS and a nice burst should Obliteration and Pillar of Frost be running, 2 1 3 3 1 2 1.

Ok after some heroic HFC runs, i have adjusted the macro slightly.

Sequences["DFDKTEST"] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost
    ]],
    "/castsequence reset=combat Obliterate, Frost Strike",
    '/castsequence reset=combat Obliterate, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, howling blast',
    "/castsequence reset=combat Obliteration",
    "/cast [combat] remorseless winter",
    "/cast [combat] empower rune weapon",
    PostMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/use [combat] 12
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
    ]],
}

I have added a single HB just to be “Lazy” and it can fire off each time i get a rime proc. I will probably lock it in at this point until I reach 110 in Legion.

What i am working on now is the Talents, as am starting to find mixed results in DPS and damage output
as i change my talents.
namely with Rows 1-2 and 6 so feel free to play around and note if you find a particular talent build that is better for the macro.
currently using 2233121

Also check your trinkets as the Anzu’s Cursed Plume, a tanking trinket in live is a crazy good once it swaps out its stats come the prepatch,

What glyphs are you using in this build? and nice work on the macro i’m testing it out now thanks for all your work :slight_smile:

[quote quote=29717]What glyphs are you using in this build? and nice work on the macro i’m testing it out now thanks for all your work ?

[/quote]

this is legion

lol it’s in the post above yours, 2233121 are the talents currently

however latest build changes have nerfed a few of the talent combos so I need to bust out the calculator again and see if anything needs changing

Sequences[‘FDK2’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence reset=combat Frost Strike’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Obliteration’,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Obliterate’,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}
Talents:1111131

`Sequences[‘FDK2’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Obliteration’,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Obliterate’,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

[quote quote=29763]`Sequences[‘FDK2’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Obliteration’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

[/quote]

Not sure why this needed to be posted twice either way, I tested it and its like 10k less DPS sometimes 20K less than the macro I’ve been working on. The most obvious reason is the Howling Blast Spam. Come the class changes. Howling Blast is nothing more than a filler that most of the time you will be using just on Rime proc. Those days of HB spam are coming to an end.

[UPDATED July 18, 2016] Talents I revised are 3 1 3 3 1 2 1. as I have managed to squeeze a bit more DPS out
since the latest rounds of class balancing by bliz.
The OP has the most current macro of mine and talent set up.
I am leaning toward murderous efficiency, more now as it seemed a much smoother run with the rune management.
and swung back to Freezing Fog As since the latest updates Frozen Pulse was not firing off as much as it used to
which showed a DPS drop of 1-3k.

Good Macro John, here we are less than a day before the big patch pops, and I am testing on PTR, and I am noticing a big loss in DPS, Survivability BIG TIME! I have been getting targeted and beaten down by the rogues, warriors, and all the other classes that normally I have smoked, so I must admit I am a bit butt hurt… these new talents just ain’t getting it… Nothing against Unholy but I just cant see playing a class I have never cared much for, if I wanted to be a caster I would play a Lock or some other similar class… so… sorry for the rant… I just needed to vent, anyways I am playing crazy like today to figure out a talent build and starter rotation before popping the CD’s and other big hitters hopefully between you, Mike, Sues, and my little skill, we can again rise to the top of the pool in DPS and uberness again

Thanks a lot, while I don’t pvp personally I’m sure it should be easy to figure out. initially, I would replace one of the frost strikes in my macro with a death strike. The kicker though is which one that will cause the least disruption to the flow. The reason for the DS is for the healing it grants mostly and it still hits hard… sort of. also, have to be aware though it uses more RP than FS almost double actually.

as for talents, you are free to mix it up with what’s best. but some at a glance theory crafting, if DS puts you in idle windows where you just auto attack, Icey Talons, Frozen Pulse, and Permafrost, may work out useful, the first makes you swing more, the second pulses AOE on a swing. and Permafrost gives you some damage reduction. may work might not will require testing.

This macro is working great for me getting 40k DPS

Do I enter this exactly as you have it? I can’t fit this in 255 characters. I’ve never really used macros :slight_smile:

Go here it will tell you how it works Easy Gnomesequencer - User Interface Add-ons - WoW Lazy Macros

Well no rest for the wicked, I have been working on an AOE macro which I will put below and I will add to the OP for ease as my first macro is more a single target one where once it ramps up it destroys but on trash it can make you feel little inadequate :stuck_out_tongue: so Behold something more AOE friendly :slight_smile: feedback will be welcome for this as its a WIP for me

Talents are 3,2,1,3,2,1,3
Also for now Staking haste and re-geming / chants to suit help. Trinkets I am using Unending Hunger and Anzus Cursed Plume.

Sequences["AOEDF"] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			step = 1
		else
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    "/castsequence reset=combat Obliterate, Frost Strike",
    '/castsequence reset=combat Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, howling blast',
    "/castsequence reset=combat Glacial Advance",
    "/cast [combat] remorseless winter",
    "/cast [combat] empower rune weapon",
    PostMacro = [[
/cast [mod:alt] Anti-Magic Shell
/use [combat] 12
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
    ]],
}

you’re great man, i liked the st macro so much, thanks for the aoe tho, im thinking of use the st even for trash