Contribute

GS-E/GS-E2 7.3 FROST

Home/Classes/Death Knights/Frost/PvE/GS-E/GS-E2 7.3 FROST

Forums Forums Classes Death Knights Frost PvE GS-E/GS-E2 7.3 FROST

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 274 total)
  • Author
    Warlord
    (Moderator)
    #29394 |

Update 29th August 2017
    With the advent of 7.3 these macros are still solid just some talent swaps
    Im kind of glad I stuck with my Oblit instead of getting on the BoS bandwagon.

some things I have noticed Im getting more dps personally with Avalanche but you may not and just go ice caps instead.

For those using Cold Heart Chest Leggo. if you add /cast Chains of Ice in the Pre Macro, and set a loop limit to about 15. this should have your procs covered. depending on resources it may fire sooner than 20 seconds but it’s a decent ball park you can always adjust the loop limit yourself to suit. not it will fire off the bat as well
    example

Next is the AOEDF renamed Frostscythe due to DFST becoming redundant,which is the frost scythe (machenegun)

Below is the BoS macros, due to the way the BoS build works I am unable to produce a single button macro
    that effectively manage all the cooldowns for decent performance. BoS is the meat and potato macro with BoS breath for when you want the Breath to go off usually once you have 70+ RP banked up. Alt Howling Blast is used on rime procs, and you have to manually apply Hungering rune weapon, usually i apply it when 2 or less runes are available.

Roy
    First Sergeant

Yeah man, Works awesome!

I agree. Seems like HB works as a filler when it procs off. Same as with OB. I couldn’t seem to macro it well for some reason. Looks like yours works off from it pretty well. 🙂

If people don’t like the alt command in the macro? Just put Howling Blast on your 2nd button, Mash it when it procs off. :p

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

yup can do that instead of the alt command and its fine, for me i only use the alt version as i tend to proc rime quite a lot and the alt version adds it to the rest of the macro but either works fine.

Ank
    Scout

You have Horn of Winter in there but not talented? To me it seems a dps increase without it.

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

You have Horn of Winter in there but not talented? To me it seems a dps increase without it.

Correct, During the macro creation and initial testing I had it in there due to resource issues once I had the rotation sorted forgot to remove. I’ve updated it to what I currently run which is basically the same minus the horn, I have also changed my Talents a little which yields more DPS and a nice burst should Obliteration and Pillar of Frost be running, 2 1 3 3 1 2 1.

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

Ok after some heroic HFC runs, i have adjusted the macro slightly.

I have added a single HB just to be “Lazy” and it can fire off each time i get a rime proc. I will probably lock it in at this point until I reach 110 in Legion.

What i am working on now is the Talents, as am starting to find mixed results in DPS and damage output
    as i change my talents.
    namely with Rows 1-2 and 6 so feel free to play around and note if you find a particular talent build that is better for the macro.
    currently using 2233121

Also check your trinkets as the Anzu’s Cursed Plume, a tanking trinket in live is a crazy good once it swaps out its stats come the prepatch,

Nation
    Grunt

What glyphs are you using in this build? and nice work on the macro i’m testing it out now thanks for all your work 🙂

richard
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

What glyphs are you using in this build? and nice work on the macro i’m testing it out now thanks for all your work ?

this is legion

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

lol it’s in the post above yours, 2233121 are the talents currently

however latest build changes have nerfed a few of the talent combos so I need to bust out the calculator again and see if anything needs changing

Tazkilla
    Grunt

Sequences[‘FDK2’] = {
    StepFunction = [[
    limit = limit or 1
    if step == limit then
    limit = limit % #macros + 1
    step = 1
    else
    step = step % #macros + 1
    end
    ]],
    PreMacro = [[
    /cast [combat] Pillar of Frost
    /cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
    ]],
    ‘/castsequence reset=combat Frost Strike’,
    ‘/cast Obliterate’,
    ‘/cast Obliteration’,
    ‘/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Obliterate’,
    ‘/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast’,
    PostMacro = [[
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
    ]],
    }
    Talents:1111131

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.