Forums Forums Website News GSE and BfA

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

I’m afraid not to grasp, my request of why I see the macros only as a row of codes now, the answer would be, I read the whole post but no I understand I have understood. usually he used to see / cast etc etc. but now only a matrix lol style sequence

maybe they just want to know how to code that 🙂

Bobba Fatt
    First Sergeant

I’m afraid not to grasp, my request of why I see the macros only as a row of codes now, the answer would be, I read the whole post but no I understand I have understood. usually he used to see / cast etc etc. but now only a matrix lol style sequence

maybe they just want to know how to code that ????

No, TL has advised that the BfA version of GSSE now uses strings rather than a verbose format (the usual layout we’re used to). To see the detail of the macro you will need to import it into the BfA version of GSSE. I can’t find that original thread he posted, but if you look at these two they do inform enough to get the idea:

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/svh-beta-8-0x/
    https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/cyms-bfa-macros/

TimothyLuke
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)

Abilities have also been pruned and changed in BfA. This gives me the thought to look again at the translator, The translator holds a list of every US spell and its local equivalent as even though each spell has an internal spell ID, macros can only use the spell name. This is a significant memory overhead for non enUS clients. If castsequence is indeed gone and with the compact macro format introduced in GSE 2.2.00 I could change the macro storage engine to store macros based on the spell ID and then present this back up to the client after looking up the spell name. This will improve the performance for non US clients and reduce the ram needed. It will also deal with some hunter spells that are not available in GSE due to special characters in the language.

Or I could just quote myself from page 1 post 1 of this thread.

The format changed so that a macro would import reliably on non enUS clients as well as enUS clients. It also meant that GSE used 150mb-500mb less ram on international clients and 50mb less ram on enUS clients and runs better. It also is able to import without corruption of copy/paste errors.

BattleNet: TimothyLuke#1860
    WowLazyMacros/Curse/GitHub/WowInterface: TimothyLuke

Most Commonly Played Characters:
    Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

DirtForSale
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

This is a polite reminder that if you’re going into beta with GS to upgrade your existing live client to the newer Beta 11 version found on Curseforge. For those unable to use a search function then just click here:
    https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/gse-gnome-sequencer-enhanced-advanced-macros?gameCategorySlug=addons&projectID=101161
    You will see on the right hand side near the bottom it says B (for Beta)
    Click that and add it to your addons folder like you would with any other addon and allow it to overwrite when asked.

Failure to do this going forward and posting that it’s only showing Spell ID’s when you edit the macro and not working will potentially have your posts re-edited to “I am an idiot” 🙂

Bobba Fatt
    First Sergeant

….potentially have your posts re-edited to “I am an idiot” ????

I love this. Brilliant 😛

Mark Fowler
    Scout

Has anyone had issues with GSSE for BFA allowing edits and saves on one character but not saving edits or imports on a different character on the same account?

Lonewolfe1
    Grunt

This is happening to me. I can save imports and make changes to all my characters except my monk. Anyone ever figure out how to fix this?

TimothyLuke
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)

You have corrupted the storage for a class. This generally happens when you import an old format macro. The solution isnt fun but click this to go to the fix

BattleNet: TimothyLuke#1860
    WowLazyMacros/Curse/GitHub/WowInterface: TimothyLuke

Most Commonly Played Characters:
    Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.