GSE – Legion: Blood DK

Here is my Legion Blood DK macro for GSE.

It is a simple macro that I’ve used since legion launch with great success. I do all group content solo and tanked Mythic+ with it (only up to +4 so far but that’s just because I’m lazy :D).

I have my mouse clicking it at 150ms speed; that way I can still weave in other abilities and active mitigation manually.

(1) Press ALT while spamming the macro to use Consumption (Artifact Spell).

(2) I included [[/cast [@player] Death and Decay]], to the start of the sequence IF you really do not want to cast DnD manually.

I do highly recommend you remove that line and cast DnD manually for better mob control.

You can also change [@player] to [@cursor] if you want to change where DnD is cast automatically.

PS: These are 2 new macro conditionals that were added in 7.1 for ground targetted spells:
@ player will cast DnD at your feet.
@ cursor will cast DnD at cursor position.

— Hadro

Sequences['zBlood1'] = {
specID = 250,
author = "HADRONOX",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2112132",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm]
/cast [mod:alt] Consumption
]],
	[[/cast [@player] Death and Decay]],
	[[/cast Death Strike]],
	[[/cast Blood Boil]],
	[[/cast Marrowrend]],
	[[/cast Heart Strike]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

good surviveability with this one, awesome macro

This is great, been using it since 103, and I tank everything perfectly fine and have great surviveability.

kudos!

tank everything with this. only change was remove consumption from pre to last attack in rotation. then added dancing rune weapon and vampiric blood to pre. works flawless, always 10 boneshield and super high dps @180k avg. heals hold at @100k

With the new Vamp Aura its worth using Consumption on CD outside of a mythic raiding envoirnment. In mythic Raiding I would highly recommend keeping Consumption Seperate as an on use CD. Rune management should always prioritize marrow Rend till you are at 10 stack of bone shield at that point I would use Heart Strike as needed but would not recommend starving yourself on Runes.

Blood DK has always been a tank class that gives you a false sense of power and security till you actually start doing challenging content. Take it as whatever but there are no true 1 button solutions if you are serious about progression as a blood or any other tank/dps for that matter. Get past the first 6 on Nighthold mythic or even Krosus on mythic for most blood DK’s and let me know how 1 buttons work without killing your healers for trying to keep you up. Bone shield is 2 much of your actual mitigation since it reduces “ALL” damage and increases your haste. Heart Strike is a rune dump only. That is all.

[quote quote=47633]…Krosus on mythic for most blood DK’s and let me know how 1 buttons work without killing your healers for trying to keep you up. Bone shield is 2 much of your actual mitigation since it reduces “ALL” damage and increases your haste. Heart Strike is a rune dump only. That is all.
[/quote]

Pretty much this, though I keep consumption on cd as I’m lazy, the dot tanks get can put the hurt on at 4-5 stacks, my only issue with heals in this fight is when healers stop during the bridge transition and I inform them I cant heal if I can’t hit anything and I spec to rune tap to mitigate the slam, for me I usually die when ranged muck up running the orb back and essentially wipe the raid.

I believe this is one of John Met’s previous macros and seems to work well, not sure on changes needed if any.

Sequences['Blood'] = {
  Author="Test",
  SpecID=250,
  Talents = "2112133",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Spell_Deathknight_BloodPresence',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood",
        "/Cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Death Strike",
        "/cast Marrowrend",
        "/cast Blood Boil",
        "/cast Heart Strike",
        "/cast Consumption",
        "/cast [@player] Death and Decay",
        "/cast [@player] Death and Decay",
        "/castsequence Marrowrend, Marrowrend, Death Strike",
        "/castsequence Blood Boil, Heart Strike, Heart Strike",
        "/castsequence Marrowrend, Heart Strike, Blood Boil, Heart Strike",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
    },
  },
}

MacroSequences[‘zBlood1’] = {
specID = 250,
author = “HADRONOX”,
helpTxt = “Talents: 2112132”,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
Trinket2=true,
StepFunction = “Priority”,
KeyPress={
“/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood”,
“/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon”,
},
PreMacro={
},
“/cast [@player] Death and Decay”,
“/cast Death Strike”,
“/cast Blood Boil”,
“/cast Marrowrend”,
“/cast Heart Strike”,
“cast [mod:alt] Consumption”,
PostMacro = {
},
KeyRelease={
“/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”,
},
},
},
}
Put ur Macro in a easier layout for me hope it helps others

kinda lost now when i import the macro it says import successful but can’t see it in the gse macro menu