GS:E Marksman all-in-one Macro with Pet

Hi,

I’ve been using this to level up and run dungeons and I haven’t made any changes to it since the day Legion launched. Seems to work perfectly for me. It’s an all-in-one macro, that is used for every situation, single target, aoe, solo and grouped.

1. VERY IMPORTANT: I added misdirection to the pet when solo AND to the “focus” target when grouped, but you have to manually SET FOCUS on your main tank every time you join a group (right-click Main Tank’s portrait - set focus); otherwise, you’ll keep misdirecting to your pet and make everyone mad! This helps keep pesky adds off you and your non-tanks and you can keep using your pet without pulling any aggro onto it while grouped. Sidewinders will be your primary AOE skill in this macro and will almost always be the first 2 shots in your rotation, following Misdirection. So, your opening salvo on mobs will be Misdirection + 2 shots of Sidewinders, which will gather the mobs aggro onto your Pet or the Main Tank.

2. I HATE Barrage and use AMOC here instead. I also find that AMOC procs more reliably in this macro anyway, not to mention that Barrage is way too dangerous in tight spaces with nearby mobs.

3. Sindewinders is great because it replaces Arcane Shot And Multishot and fits perfectly in the rotation. Two shots combined into 1. Very macro friendly.

4. A couple of these skills won’t activate until you level up your Artifact Weapon, but everything works fine as you’re leveling up. And I put in Blood Fury in case you’re an Orc for the racial bonus buff.

5. I don’t know if it’s top DPS so far as macros go, but I have been top 1 or 2 in most groups I’ve been in so far.

6. I have it set for the pet to jump on the next target almost immediately after its current target dies. If you don’t want that, stop mashing the macro button when the target is about to die or remove the /petattack line altogether. I keep my pet on PASSIVE all the time anyway, but if you remove the /petattack line, you should keep your pet on ASSIST so there’s as little delay as possible from your pet attacking your next target. I have a separate /stopattack /petpassive macro next to my Sequencer macro anyway, just in case of a crazy pet emergency. Pets can be wacky sometimes, but are very handy when solo and leveling.

7. I decided against adding a Mend Pet line to this because it holds up the rotation a tad bit longer than I like, so Mend your Pet manually when needed so you don’t have to interrupt or delay any Aimed Shot casting. MM pets are squishy, so you’ll be using it a lot when soloing/leveling.

Sequences[‘DB_TotalMM’] = {
author=‘Netherscourge’,
specID= 254,
helpTxt = ‘Talents: 3113111’,
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm]
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection
/cast Trueshot
/cast Blood Fury
]],
‘/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Sidewinders’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] !Marked Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Windburst’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] !Aimed Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] !Marked Shot’,
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Thanks - I will be trying this out soon.

Just adding code block.

Sequences['DB_TotalMM'] = {
author='Netherscourge',
specID= 254,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 3113111',
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm]
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection
/cast Trueshot
/cast Blood Fury
]],
'/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
'/cast [nochanneling] Sidewinders',
'/cast [nochanneling] !Marked Shot',
'/cast [nochanneling] Windburst',
'/cast [nochanneling] !Aimed Shot',
'/cast [nochanneling] !Marked Shot',
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

This macro is absolutely insane. it’s synergy is devastating.

Been playing this all day! GREAT Macro!! Im only 106 now, but the 3 dungeon groups I was in I was top DPS… I should note I play on a Celluar Connection and even with my lag this is performing GREAT… I may remove the petattack command because he freaks out at times. :slight_smile:

GREAT macro! THANK YOU

Nice, but if I wanted to play with a pet I’d go BM.

hi

when i press the macro button, nothing happens. could someone help me out ?

Wow! The best Marksman macro! Thanks for your contribution! @Ron, Just change it to Lone Wolf(no pet) at 110 for Mythics/Raids.

Barrage is better as it synergies whit item level on your Bow as Murder of Crows goes on your mastery

[quote quote=33868]Barrage is better as it synergies whit item level on your Bow as Murder of Crows goes on your mastery
[/quote]

True, but you’d have to test each to see which gives better DPS at the time.

Since MASTERY is the Marksman’s #2 Priority Stat after AGILITY in Legion, you should have a pretty high Mastery score with your gear, making AMOC very strong.

So, unless your Artifact Relics are giving you a really high ilvl on your Bow, AMOC is pretty solid for Marksman. I’m not sure where the breakpoints are though, so you’d have test it on the target dummies. I try to take Mastery Gear over Crit/Haste/Versatility gear, so maybe that’s why it’s working better for me.

Maybe someone can figure out what the Artifact ilvl breakpoint for Barrage is vs. Mastery Rating breakpoint for AMOC is?

But also keep in mind how erratic Barrage is in dungeons with tight packs of mobs. This macro favors survivability over raw DPS, although the DPS is pretty competitive.

Have fun with it!

Started to level my alt hunter, and this macro is amazing!
As previous stated, i was top dps in ALL my dungeon runs, this makes leveling a breeze.

Many thanks.

I don’t know what it is but when i first got this it worked but now i cant get it to work can someone help me please

I would really like to give this a try, however when I push the macro button nothing happens. This is my first time using GSE, btw.

Hi in need little help cuz im new on this game how i can put that macro ? :smiley: pls tell me
ty :slight_smile:

I like the macro but I would suggest you add mend pet on a button modifier so that when you hold one of the modifier buttons (like shift) then press the button it will cast mend pet instead of the other skills. That will keep the macro how you like it so you dont lose the nice synergy yet also allow you to have mend pet in the macro so you dont have to swap buttons.
https://wowlazymacros.com/macro-modifiers/

Also it would be nice to have the macro call/revive your pet for you if its not out already.

Is there a way to make this macro not auto-target & Attack when you don’t have a target? It gets me in trouble sometimes.

Can someone change for GS-E. Its not working for me :frowning:

Works perfectly with GS-E, at least for me.

Macro Rotation works like a Charm

I did but i don’t know how :slight_smile: Its working insane. Thanks buddy.

I have tested few macros and this one works best for now :slight_smile: I picked lone wolf for raids except that everything as posted.