7.3.+ Arcane Macros

UPDATED 4th MAy 2017
Hi guys. I’ve decided to go through a lot of my class macros as I have sometimes made minor adjustments as gear has improved and compared them to what I am currently running as well as ensure all is working and is 7.2 compliant. Also due to a lot of requests from many running the original Gnome Sequencer I will convert and post here for convenience.

It consists of 2 Macros a Burn and a Conserve macro. with the idea that you Burn > Evo > Conserve until Arcane power off CD then Back to Burn again Rince repeat until dead.

I have also made a simple Aoe for trash, which amounts to spamming Arcane Explosion and Barrage to clear stacks. I use this between bosses on trash packs and for me its very mana conservative.

I have Arcane Missiles on an Alt mod, so I have more control of when to use, like holding for 3 stacks.

Sequences['Burn'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=62,
  Talents = "2133111",
  Help = [[Talents: 2122131, or you can use Talents 2133111, it should skip untalented abilities, if it does lockup remove nether tempest if not running it]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [mod:alt, nochanneling] Arcane Missiles",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast !Prismatic Barrier",
        "/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Mark of Aluneth",
        "/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Presence of Mind",
        "/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Power",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Nether Tempest",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Rune of Power",
      },
    },
  },
}

Sequences['Con'] = {
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=62,
  Talents = "2133111",
  Help = [[Talents: 2122131, or you can use Talents 2133111, it should skip untalented abilities, if it does lockup remove nether tempest if not running it]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Barrage",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Rune of Power",
      },
        "/cast Prismatic Barrier",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Nether Tempest, Arcane Barrage",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Rune of Power",
      },
    },
  },
}

and the Arcane explody…

Sequences['Explo'] = {
  Author="Fironiavie@Muradin",
  SpecID=62,
  Talents = "2133111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Barrage",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

and for old GS

Sequences['Burn'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [mod:alt, nochanneling] Arcane Missiles
]],
        "/cast !Prismatic Barrier",
        "/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Presence of Mind",
        "/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Power",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Nether Tempest",
	PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences['Con'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/cast [mod:alt, nochanneling] Arcane Missiles
/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Barrage
/cast [nochanneling] Rune of Power
]],
        "/cast Prismatic Barrier",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Nether Tempest, Arcane Barrage",
	PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences['Explo'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nopet] summon water elemental
]],
        "/castsequence Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Barrage",
	PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

no import

Imported fine for me

not happening for me

I know cut and pasting using some Browsers causes import issues as IE and Microshaft Edge change things, chrome works fine though.
outside that could try and cut and past to notepad.

on the Macro side of things, I have made a slight update as my understanding of how the spec works.
I removed an Arcane Barrage from the Burn Macro to keep 4 stacks up more, improved Damage output but naturally increased mana consumption.
the OP has been updated

So we just copy from here and paste into a new macro once we download the addon?

@Derick
/gs – Opens GSE Macro Viewer
Import – Opens Import Window
Paste
Import – Imports the macro and returns to Macro Viewer
Create Icon – Creates a Macro Stub in /macros
Drag Icon to action bar.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong lol. I hit the burn macro and get nice dps and when out of mana I evocation and start spamming conserve macro. I end up running out of mana and taking a huge dps drop with about 1 minute left on evocation still. Any pro tips? I’m also letting missiles build to 3 charges before hitting them, is that what I’m doing wrong?

[quote quote=44596]Not sure what I’m doing wrong lol. I hit the burn macro and get nice DPS and when out of mana I evocation and start spamming conserve macro. I end up running out of mana and taking a huge DPS drop with about 1 minute left on evocation still. Any pro tips? I’m also letting missiles build to 3 charges before hitting them, is that what I’m doing wrong?
[/quote]

I’ve only had this happen when switching to Conserve after Evo and it still has 4 arcane charges up.
I may have to put an arcane barrage up in the pre macro to fire off first each time to clear charges to minimize mana consumption

Updated macros to 7.2 and added old skool GS. hopefully the work

Im using this for my arcane mage. Its working rather nicely.

Question - Should Prismaticv Barrier in Con be
“/cast !Prismatic Barrier”, instead of “/cast Prismatic Barrier”,?

[quote quote=48116]Im using this for my arcane mage. Its working rather nicely.
Question – Should Prismaticv Barrier in Con be “/cast !Prismatic Barrier”, instead of “/cast Prismatic Barrier”,?
[/quote]

you could, I think it’s personal preference for me though as coming from a melee background I tend to be in the thick of it most of the time and the shield is depleted. the cast does have a CD and should it still be active it just refreshes the buff timer.

My hunter is my main, and my mage is my secondary. I am in the proces of leveling my mage from 100 to 110. Does this spec and macro need to be adjusted for 7.25?

[quote quote=49103]My hunter is my main, and my mage is my secondary. I am in the proces of leveling my mage from 100 to 110. Does this spec and macro need to be adjusted for 7.25?
[/quote]

no as nothing was changed with Arcane

Seem to be experiencing lockups, not using nether by the way. Not sure how the locks ups happening but seems to be after everything else is on cooldown and gets stuck on a skill that has a cooldown.

Did you take Nether Tempest out of the macro?, as it is in the middle of a /castsequence so it will hang there

As the only time i can hang the macro is if i Hold the modifire key down for Arcane missles and i dont have any charges up

I did that but it seems i must have done something to keep it from taking after I removed them. Sorry for my derp.

Message: [string “Storage”]:23: attempt to index global ‘equences’ (a nil value)
Time: 07/08/17 21:34:17
Count: 1
Stack: [string “Storage”]:23: attempt to index global ‘equences’ (a nil value)Interface\SharedXML\SharedBasicControls.lua:204: in function <Interface\SharedXML\SharedBasicControls.lua:203>
(tail call): ?
[string “Storage”]:23: in function func' Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:213: in functionImportSequence’
Interface\AddOns\GSE\GUI\Import.lua:83: in function GUIImportSequence' Interface\AddOns\GSE\GUI\Import.lua:44: in function &lt;Interface\AddOns\GSE\GUI\Import.lua:44&gt; (tail call): ? [C]: ? [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:9: in function &lt;[string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:5&gt; (tail call): ? Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in functionFire’
…s\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:22: in function <…s\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:19>

Locals: <none>

im getting this when i try and put it in this it for and the Arcane explody… please help

When you copied and pasted you missed the S of Sequences on line 1

Just wondering why the ALT modifier never works. Whether using Burn or Conserve, whether pressing it once or holding it down, it never fires missiles. I’ve changed the macro speed from 0.05 to 1.0 in increments of 0.1 and nothin! Im sure it’s me - but i cant figure out WHY its me!