Havoc Mobility

EDIT: I think I fixed the out-of-position Blade Dance. Updated the macro with the change.
EDIT 2: Fixed lockup. Also squeezed a few more deeps out of the macro (Note: Metamorphosis abilities don’t actually need to be in the macro to use them, thus I streamlined the macro.)

All-in-one GS-E macro for Havoc with explanation.

Sequences['EX_Mobility'] = {
author="EnixLHQ",
specID=577,
helpTxt = "Talents: 1100000. Use Fel Rush only once to get into position and then spam the macro. Mind your positioning.",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro=[[
/cast [nochanneling] Blur
]],
"/cast !Eye Beam",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Vengeful Retreat, Fel Rush, Blade Dance",
"/cast [nochanneling] Demon's Bite",
"/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Strike",
"/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
PostMacro=[[
/TargetEnemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/Use [combat] [nochanneling] 13
/Use [combat] [nochanneling] 14
]],
}

This macro will consistently get my ilvl 698 DH 40k in heroics. These are total damage done numbers, not training dummy or per-fight results. For those that might thing that’s a bit low, no, it’s not. Not for the gear level and not for the skill kit available to the DH at this time. If done like I’ll suggest below, you’ll likely top the dps meter or come very close.

This macro uses both Fel Rush and Vengful Retreat in tandem as part of the rotation. This means you will want to take Fel Mastery and Prepared as talents. You will also want to be in position first before spamming the macro. You can use one Fel Rush to put yourself in place, or run in normally, as long as you save one charge of Fel Rush for the fight.

This macro will attempt to prioritize Fel Rush and Veng Retreat while in normal form as this is your biggest damage and Fury source, and Annihilation and Death Sweep while in Metamorphosis since those become your biggest burst while transformed. It’ll attempt to use AoE CDs only when you are still in position.

Please comment with how well this works for you or if you have any tweaks to make it better.

It’s been working out really well for me. The only issue i have is with both Fel Rush and Veng Retreat… just dont be facing a cliff edge/lava pools or be standing with your back to one otherwise you’re going to be burnt with no way out :slight_smile:

Indeed, though ironically it’s saved me on Skyreach more times than I’d like to admit.

EDIT: I think I fixed the out-of-position Blade Dance. Updated the macro with the change.

It seems to lock up here and there for me now with the change. What are you seeing EnixLHQ

nice work
there anyway to lose that annoying spell not ready tang noise :wink:

thanks for all your effort

Just found this whole GS-E stuff. This macro works awesome, but does lock up quite a bit.

Fixed lockup and managed to strangle a bit more dps out of the macro. Please test and let me know.

good stuff , enix. thank you !

Looking Good so far, thank you for the Macro

Working like a charm!

When I add the macro, nothing shows up under the macro commands so it doesn’t work? How to fix this?

Fury of Illi isn’t in game yet PLEASE remove it (I have and worked like a charm now)

Sequences['EX_Mobility'] = { author="EnixLHQ", specID=577, helpTxt = "Talents: 1100000. Use Fel Rush only once to get into position and then spam the macro. Mind your positioning.", StepFunction = GSStaticPriority, PreMacro=[[ /cast [nochanneling] Blur ]], "/cast !Eye Beam", "/castsequence [nochanneling] Vengeful Retreat, Fel Rush, Blade Dance", "/cast [nochanneling] Demon's Bite", "/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Strike", "/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive", PostMacro=[[ /TargetEnemy [noharm][dead] /startattack /Use [combat] [nochanneling] 13 /Use [combat] [nochanneling] 14 ]], }

Here fix the lockup <3 33k DPS as 720 DH on testing dummy in vale

Removed the Illidari bit.

Great macro, thanks.

Hi, this one seems to work well for me, I have modified other macros from here and came up with one. 704 iLVL Burst 70-100k average 55k+ on dummies. Use one Fel Rush to start off with then just watch your posision to your target for further retreats and fel rush.

Sequences['Havoc'] = {
specID = 577,
author = "TM",
helpTxt = "Talents 11",
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/use Draenic Agility Potion
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Demon's Bite, Demon's Bite",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Vengeful Retreat, Fel Rush",
"/cast !Eye Beam",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Demon's Bite, Demon's Bite",
"/cast [nochanneling] Blade Dance",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

EnixLHQ,

I like the Macro very much and I have been working/playing around with it. The problem I’ve found is that it results in the Havoc Demon Hunter being very twitchy, making it very positional and burst damage/dps. I’ve taken the Macro and split it into a Spam & Burst version that can - in part - be used together. Almost everything else in it is the same.

Spam:

Sequences['EX_MobSpam'] = {
author="EnixLHQ",
specID=577,
helpTxt = "Talents: 1100000. Use Fel Rush only once to get into position and then spam the macro. Mind your positioning.",
PreMacro=[[
]],
	"/cast !Eye Beam",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

and Burst Damage/DPS

Sequences['EX_MobBurst'] = {
author="EnixLHQ",
specID=577,
PreMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
	"/cast !Chaos Nova",
	"/cast !Eye Beam",
	"/cast [nochanneling] Blade Dance",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

Test it, see what you think. I’m willing to hear any tweaks or suggestions.

Hi from my original post I to have made some changes that seem to work well. As did yours.

Sequences['Havoc'] = {
specID = 577,
author = "TM",
helpTxt = "Talents 11",
PreMacro = [[
/use Draenic Agility Potion
]],
"/cast !Demon's Bite",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Throw Glaive, Chaos Strike, Blade Dance, Chaos Strike",
"/cast [nochanneling] !Eye Beam",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

Haven’t looked at the DPS difference (if any) but I will say TM your change to this Macro does make it feel more stable on staying on the target and I feel like i have more control. Both are great and thank you for all the hard work on them.