Help

Well Merry Christmas to you all & A Happy New Year

My problem is I have managed to make up macros for all my characters with single target & aoe

but then I thought i would try to be clever & made my Mage Dual Spec Frost & Arcane and this is where it went wrong the frost is working ok so i make 2 macros for Arcane when i go in game to make the macro name it just frezes my pc solid and nothing response I have to reboot pc

here is what i did
local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

– Rename this file to Sequences.lua before you get started, it uses a different file name so as not to overwrite your existing file with a future update.
– Every entry in the Sequences table defines a single sequence of macros which behave similarly to /castsequence.
– Sequence names must be unique and contain no more than 16 characters.
– To use a macro sequence, create a blank macro in-game with the same name you picked for the sequence here and it will overwrite it.

– Here’s a large demonstration sequence documenting the format:
Sequences[“GnomeExample1”] = {
– StepFunction optionally defines how the step is incremented when pressing the button.
– This example increments the step in the following order: 1 12 123 1234 etc. until it reaches the end and starts over
– DO NOT DEFINE A STEP FUNCTION UNLESS YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],

– PreMacro is optional macro text that you want executed before every single button press.
– This is if you want to add something like /startattack or /stopcasting before all of the macros in the sequence.
PreMacro = [[
/run print("-- PreMacro Script --")
/startattack
]],

– PostMacro is optional macro text that you want executed after every single button press.
– I don’t know what you would need this for, but it’s here anyway.
PostMacro = [[
/run print("-- PostMacro Script --")
]],

– Macro 1
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 1!”)
/cast SpellName1
]],

– Macro 2
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 2!”)
/cast SpellName2
]],

– Macro 3
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 3!”)
/cast SpellName3
]],
}

– Here is a short example which is what most sequences will look like
Sequences[“GnomeExample2”] = {
– Macro 1
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 1!”)
/cast SpellName1
]],

– Macro 2
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 2!”)
/cast SpellName2
]],

– Macro 3
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 3!”)
/cast SpellName3
]],
}
—Mage—
Sequences[‘AM_AOE’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/castsequence reset=combat Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage’,
‘/cast Supernova’,
‘/cast Arcane Power’,
‘/cast Presense of Mind’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use crystal of Insanity
]],
}

Sequences[‘AM_ST’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence reset=combat Arcane Blast’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles’,
‘/cast Supernova’,
‘/cast Arcane Power’,
‘/cast Presense of Mind’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use crystal of Insanity
]],
}
—Frost—
Sequences[‘FMS’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nopet] summon water elemental
]],
‘/castsequence reset=combat Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice lance,Ice Lance’,
‘/castsequence reset=20 Deep Freeze,Ice Lance,Ice Lance’,
‘/cast Frozen Orb’,
‘/cast Ice Nova’,
PostMacro = [[
/use crystal of Insanity
]],
}
Sequences[‘Frosty’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nopet] summon water elemental
]],
‘/castsequence reset=25, Ice Barrier’,
‘/castsequence reset=20, Ice Ward’,
‘/castsequence reset=30, Comet Storm’,
‘/castsequence reset=25, Ice Nova, Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frosbolt,Ice lance,Ice Lance,FrostfireBolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,FrostfireBolt’,
‘/cast Frozen Orb’,
‘/cast Ice Nova’,
‘/castsequence reset=20 Deep Freeze,Ice Lance,Ice Lance’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]Ice Floes
/use [combat]Icy Veins
/use [combat]Incanter’s Flow
/use [combat]Frozen Orb
/use crystal of Insanity
]],
}

I know thet work as i have tested them 2 at the time deleting frost and using arcane all works well and vice versu but when the 4 are together i can name 2 but when i try to name the 3rd one that is when it freezes my pc

antbody got any idea

Please read Common Mistakes in Gnome Sequencer Files

Your issue is likely one of the 10 I have mentioned, likely #8 since you say you are copying them from the forums.

Thank you for your reply

But my issue is not the macro working as i have tested them individually and they work but if i put then into the sequencer.lua together with individual names when i go into game.
When i open the macro window and name it all is fine for the first 2 in frost spec, but if I then try to add the 2 macros for Aecane spec it freezes my pc where i have to reboot the system.

As you can see from above post i copied it on here as it is on my file but cannot see any mistakes that i made

As i do not copy and paste from forums I actually type it all in manually

Any help would be appreciated And thank you for your answer

[quote quote=20884]Thank you for your reply

But my issue is not the macro working as i have tested them individually and they work but if i put then into the sequencer.lua together with individual names when i go into game.
When i open the macro window and name it all is fine for the first 2 in frost spec, but if I then try to add the 2 macros for Aecane spec it freezes my pc where i have to reboot the system.

As you can see from above post i copied it on here as it is on my file but cannot see any mistakes that i made

As i do not copy and paste from forums I actually type it all in manually

Any help would be appreciated And thank you for your answer

[/quote]

The behaviour you mention is frequent when there is a naming collision or you are trying to out the macro in the general macros tab as opposed tot he %name specific macro tab.

I already offered to look at your sequences file, but you have declined. I have also already asked people to not simply dump their sequences in the trouble shooting side of things because the format gets changed enough that mistakes get covered up. I cannot help you any more than I have already offered