Holy Paladin 7.3+ Perfect Rotation

Hello everyone!

I’ve been playing with my Paladin since 7.3 was about to launch. I tested the macros posted here but none of them did the job the way I wanted it to, so I decided to do some research and build my own macro, following the best practices and with similar logic used by the top healers in the world.

I’ve spent a lot of time reading, simming, talking to other pallies and testing this macro and now I believe it is safe to share it with you all.

I’m currently using this to raid Heroic Antorus, and most of the time I’m top heals or very close to it, using only one button for the main rotation.

My character is 948 iLVL, and my default legendaries are Prydaz(shield neck) and the new ring Insignia of the Grand Army. For trinkets I use Eonar’s Compassion and Ishkar’s Felshield.

If you want to see how this macro performs, you can check my logs here: Ricardaö - Azralon - Warcraft Logs

HOW TO USE THIS:
I have one macro for Raiding, and one for Mythic+ dungeons. I also have one for DPSing to help with questing, and to help with the damage in dungeons and raids. I’ll post all of them below.

All the cooldowns must be used manually. That includes all your Hand buffs, Avenging Wrath, Aura Mastery, Light's Hammer, Holy Avenger, Beacons and Dispells.

Good positioning, knowing who to heal, when to heal, when to use CDs and how to conserve your mana still needs to be learnt and put into practice.

=============================================================
SINGLE TARGET HEAL
This first macro is what I use 90% of the time. Simply click the target that needs healing and spam your macro.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS NOT A MOUSEOVER MACRO, YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE PLAYER YOU WANT TO HEAL, AND ALWAYS SET ONE OF THE TANKS AS YOUR FOCUS.

With this macro I tried to use every trick avaliable to make sure everything went smooth. All the lines are build in a way to provide some logic to your healing, not just spamming skills mindlessly.

Example of logic used

Will use Holy Shock on cooldown to increase the number of Infusion of Light procs. Skill is used with the following logic: Will try to heal your target if it is an allied player and is alive, if you don’t have target, your target is dead or your target is an enemy, it will try to heal your focus(tank), if you don’t have a focus or your focus is dead or is an enemy, it will try to cast on the boss target, if all the above are false, it will cast Holy Shock on the boss.

Rule of Law, Divine Protection and Arcane torrent(blood elf racial) will be used on cooldown if you are in combat.

The last line is for my trinket Ishkar. It gives my target a shield, so the macro will Always try to use the shield on the tanker that is tanking the boss. If there is no boss, it will cast on my focus(tank), if my focus is dead or doesnt exist, it will cast on my target.

Sequences['RicHeals'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Ricardaö@Azralon",
  SpecID=65,
  Talents = "13X3131",
  Help = [[One Button Macro for Holy Paladins, built and tested in 7.3.
Perfect for raiding, with the optimal rotation.]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Rule of Law",
        "/cast [combat] Arcane Torrent",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@targettarget,harm,nodead][@focustarget,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead] Judgment",
        "/cast [help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][] Holy Shock",
        "/cast Light of Dawn",
        "/cast [@boss1target,help,nodead][@focus.help,nodead][] Bestow Faith",
        "/cast [help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][] Flash of Light",
        "/cast [help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][] Light of the Martyr",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Divine Protection",
        "/use [@boss1target, help][@focus,help,nodead][] 14",
      },
    },
  },
}

AOE MACRO - Mythic +
Uses Beacon of Virtue and its optimized to provide bigger AOE sustain.
This is what I use for M+ dungeons. Simply click the target that needs healing and spam your macro.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS NOT A MOUSEOVER MACRO, YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE PLAYER YOU WANT TO HEAL, AND ALWAYS SET ONE OF THE TANKS AS YOUR FOCUS.

This macro has the same kind of logic applied to the single target macro.

Sequences['RicHealsAOE'] = {
  SpecID=65,
  Talents = "3131223",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Rule of Law",
        "/cast [combat] Arcane Torrent",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead] Beacon of Virtue",
        "/cast [help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][] Holy Shock",
        "/cast [@focustarget,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead] Holy Prism",
        "/cast Light of Dawn",
        "/cast [@focustarget,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead] Judgment",
        "/cast [@boss1target,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][] Bestow Faith",
        "/cast [help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][] Flash of Light",
        "/cast [help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][] Light of the Martyr",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Tyr's Deliverance",
        "/use [@boss1target, help][@focus,help,nodead][] 14",
      },
    },
  },
}

DPS MACRO - Questing and M+
This is a simple yet powerful DPS macro for Holy Paladins. When I use this with the cooldowns I can burst up to 2 milion damage. Without cooldowns it floats around 500-600k dps as a HEALER!

Sequences['RicHealsDPS'] = {
  SpecID=65,
  Talents = "3131223",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Trinket1=false,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@focustarget,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][harm,nodead] Judgment",
        "/cast [harm,nodead] Holy Shock",
        "/cast [harm,nodead] Crusader Strike",
        "/cast [@target,harm][@targettarget] Holy Prism",
        "/cast Consecration",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Divine Protection",
      },
    },
  },
}

AUTOHOTKEY SCRIPT
Since these are all Priority Macros, I advise using AHK because the faster you can run the whole macro, the better it will perform. I use the following AHK script:

#IfWinActive, World of Warcraft
toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2

$1::
While GetKeyState("1","p"){
Send,1
sleep 1
    }
return
{
$2::
While GetKeyState("2","p"){
Send,2
sleep 1
}
return
$3::
While GetKeyState("3","p"){
Send,3
sleep 1
}
return
$4::
While GetKeyState("4","p"){
Send,4
sleep 1
}
return
}

Reserved

Howdy, Lemme test on my pally merely only has 880ilvl gear holy spec. I’ll let you know how it goes. =)

I see you have 2 different spec talent and I looked your toon show different than this talent spec?

updated tested AoE heals freaking awesome! i still struggle on single heals cuz wrong talent spec conflicted. need fix that asap.

Sometimes I change specs depending on the specific needs of the group, but thats what I use most of the time.

Since your gear is relatively low you might face some mana issues which you can fix by using a mana trinket or changing the Flash of Light spell to Holy Light if it really becomes a problem.

What you have made here is amazing and i appreciate it. Thank you.

[quote quote=56195]What you have made here is amazing and i appreciate it. Thank you.
[/quote]

Thank you man! DId you test it?

Yeah ive just started playing my pala again because healing m+ with a mistweaver is too annoying and these macros are just what i needed. They performed well in raids and in mythics. So once again, thank you. For anybody else reading this thread, i can highly recommend these macros.

Just like to say i’ve also tested and love it. I’m a level 918 Pally i think and find the best macro being ‘RicHeals’. I go OOM too quick on the aoe one but that is to be expected. I’m adjusting to no longer having a mouse over macro but its working well.

Thank you!!!

Ive tested yesterday on Heroic Antorus… This was my best Parse.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q2Jfdt7pNwrmnHCQ/#type=healing&fight=10

It need to optimize the use of holy light and sometimes we need to mannualy flash light to not loose the infusion of light proc. So far the best macro i’ve tested

[quote quote=56220]Just like to say i’ve also tested and love it. I’m a level 918 Pally i think and find the best macro being ‘RicHeals’. I go OOM too quick on the aoe one but that is to be expected. I’m adjusting to no longer having a mouse over macro but its working well.
Thank you!!!
[/quote]

Thanks for testing!
The thing with holy paladins is that you cant be casting nonstop or you’ll run OOM too soon. I almost never heal a player that lost less than 10% of his health, thats a druid’s job. We shine during the hight damage phases, with huge heals and utility cds.

[quote quote=56221]Ive tested yestarday on Heroic Antorus… This was my best Parse.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q2Jfdt7pNwrmnHCQ/#type=healing&fight=10
It need to optimize the use of holy light and sometimes we need to mannualy flash light to not loose the infusion of light proc. So far the best macro ive tested
[/quote]

Hello, thanks for testing!
This macro is not supposed to cast Holy Light. I made it tailored to my character, and I almost never run OOM so I didn’t bother adding that. But if you guys want it, I can make a 2nd version for low damage phases prioritizing Light of Dawn and Holy Light.

Infusion of Light lasts for 15 seconds, double the time it takes for you to cast another Holy Shock and get a CHANCE to proc IoL again. The only reason you might be losing IOL procs is 1) you didn’t need to heal or 2) you were OOM.

Hello Ric,

My mistake… i did not mean to say “Holy light”… i agree with you. I almost never use holy light… what i meant to say was the low usage of “Holy Shock”… Sorry for that… Your macro is awesome! ty for sharing

[quote quote=56232]Hello Ric,
My mistake… i did not mean to say “Holy light”… i agree with you. I almost never use holy light… what i meant to say was the low usage of “Holy Shock”…. Sorry for that… Your macro is awesome! ty for sharing
[/quote]

Ah LOL :smiley:

But either way. Holy Shock is the second line in the priority list. It will ALWAYS be used as soon as it is off CD.

A quick question for you before I test this macro out: is there a reason for no mouseover, or is that just your preference for playstyle or preference for this particular type of healing macro? I’m used to Holy mouseover healing macros, which is why I ask. :slight_smile: I had a second question, but forgot it at the moment… I’ll post later if I remember it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KmDCncrbFVwNtvh4#fight=6&type=healing

This was on a pug 2 days ago. On 943 gear, im parsing 800,900k. I Just have to manage cooldowns…

great macro is it possible to convert this to a mouse over

I’m sorry, but the mouseover overwrites all the other conditions put inside the [].

So I have to say - The AOE and DPS macros work great. Thanks so much. I will try the raid heal out tomorrow night. I did Mythic + CoS a little while ago and healing for the whole instance was spread across our 5 major spells from 12 to 15%. That is amazing.

As I prepare for raid, do you just put beacon on both tanks and forget it?

[quote quote=56496]As I prepare for raid, do you just put beacon on both tanks and forget it?
[/quote]

Yup! Simple as that. There are some fights that I prefer to use Beacon of the Lightbringer like the shivarra and argus, and if you do that you might have to swap beacons if shit happens, but thats only a personal preference.

[quote quote=56495]So I have to say – The AOE and DPS macros work great. Thanks so much. I will try the raid heal out tomorrow night. I did Mythic + CoS a little while ago and healing for the whole instance was spread across our 5 major spells from 12 to 15%. That is amazing.
[/quote]

Thanks man :slight_smile: