How long before Macros start working right again?

None of my macros seem to be working on any of my toons, Just wondering if there is a fix for this or if it is a wait it out type deal. Thanks in advance.

it might be a never thing.

Were going to need to find a work around

/sigh that is not good news for me.

I am hoping this is something just happens on a patch release and just some kind of code that seemed to have disabled our macros that we love to use.

I have gotten so used to em? I am now trying to do the “old school” way of doing my rotation and I hate it due to where its made me…well…lazy! :stuck_out_tongue:

I also like it cause it frees up alot of space and makes where I can use more defensive CDs right where I can reach very easily.

Hopefully this will get fixed pretty soon. :frowning:

its hard cause im not actually sure what a good amount of DPs is anymore lol i normally use my monk macro as a benchmark for my other classes.

My current work around only works with a mechanical keyboard, I have my “2” button on my razor keyboard programed to cast a macro that presses 2/3/4/5/6/7 in that order. I put the spells/abilities I want to use on the appropriate in game button.
ex:
>2
0.75 seconds delay
<2
0.75 seconds delay
>3
0.75 seconds delay
<3
0.75 seconds delay
>4
0.75 seconds delay
<5
ect…

I put the additional 0.75 seconds delay
between the numbers to allow the game to catch up, I found on beta that it would skip abilities if I didn’t allow for the extra time.
I have one of my ingame buttons set to cast a short macro, I found that only 3 line macros were working in the beta.
a better macro would be appreciated.

You guys should try working with SuperDuper macro. I was able to tweak my WW monks macro a bit and get it working in SuperDuper for raid last night. Reading on the Macro toolkit forum, they may or may not get a working version for 6.0.

Having no joy “tweaking”

George any chance of posting the one you think is working for you please?

Here is the Macro I am using in Super Duper macro. I have Tiger’s Eye brew and Energizing brew on seperate keys. It’s not the best but better than nothing. In raid last night I was keeping around 7.5-8k dps.
Anyone who knows these macro’s better than please feel free to update/tweak it even more.

#showtooltip Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0, Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0, !Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0, Jab, Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 0, Chi Wave
/castsequence reset=8 Jab,Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Rising Sun Kick,Jab, Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Jab,Blackout Kick

[quote quote=16224]Here is the Macro I am using in Super Duper macro. I have Tiger’s Eye brew and Energizing brew on seperate keys. It’s not the best but better than nothing. In raid last night I was keeping around 7.5-8k dps.
Anyone who knows these macro’s better than please feel free to update/tweak it even more.

/castsequence reset=8 Jab,Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Rising Sun Kick,Jab, Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Jab,Blackout Kick
[/quote]

i cant seem to put this working…i know macro toolkit is outdated and being fixed, but i cant seem to put the skill from superdupermacro in my skillbar…is this surelly working for you? the “castsequence” thing, i heard its not working

This is my previous macro that was working awesomly:

/run sfx=GetCVar(“Sound_EnableSFX”);
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,chi wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,!rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=8 Tiger Palm,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick, blackout kick,tiger palm,blackout kick, blackout kick
/use [combat]Energizing Brew
/use !Rising Sun Kick
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/run SetCVar(“Sound_EnableSFX”,sfx);

so whats wrong :C?

[quote quote=16224]Here is the Macro I am using in Super Duper macro. I have Tiger’s Eye brew and Energizing brew on seperate keys. It’s not the best but better than nothing. In raid last night I was keeping around 7.5-8k dps.

[/quote]

When i try this i seem to be able to jab and RSK with the occasional Blackout Kick but nothing else is working never once cast Tiger Palm. I was using the same as Rafa prior to the patch and it was amazing … i miss it :frowning:

yup with that macro i do some jabs etc…
I tweaked a bit so it would be 255characters without any addons…since i cant seem to put any working
macro:

/castsequence reset=8 Jab,Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Rising Sun Kick,Jab,Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick

even so…it just blocks :)…

I’ll run a few more tests and posts my results. But I do also check my meters to see what abilities are being used and they do show all of my abilities within the macro are being fired off.

And yes before 6.0 that is the exact same macro I was using. And I loved the hell out of it. I’m going to be doing a lot of testing to try and get it working again. But how we manage our chi and energy has changed. So it may be a while before we have a macro like that again.

i would use that macro again if i could use macro toolkit or another similar problem…
i think i heard that 0.0.0.0 its not working anymore, and the solution was swap action bars macros?
i dont really get it

When i use something like this:

in Super Macro all it seems to do is run the last cast sequence (the one without the zeros in it) so i get Jab,Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Rising Sun Kick,Jab, Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Jab,Blackout Kick then it repeats. I thought it may have been my slow connection earlier but i just tried again on a fast connection got the same results.

I guess i am going to have to look into swap bar macros in the meantime or learn to play the old fashion way again lol.

[quote quote=16304]When i use something like this:

in Super Macro all it seems to do is run the last cast sequence (the one without the zeros in it) so i get Jab,Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Rising Sun Kick,Jab, Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Jab,Blackout Kick then it repeats. I thought it may have been my slow connection earlier but i just tried again on a fast connection got the same results.

I guess i am going to have to look into swap bar macros in the meantime or learn to play the old fashion way again lol.
[/quote]

if you get anything about swap macros care to share in here :D?
yeh 0.0.0.0 script have been disabled i guess!

Heya all long time lurker, first time poster,
Bliz have taken out the 0,0,0, aspect of macros. I have found the set up for 4.0 raids seem to work however im not a great macro creator.

[quote quote=16328]Heya all long time lurker, first time poster,
Bliz have taken out the 0,0,0, aspect of macros. I have found the set up for 4.0 raids seem to work however im not a great macro creator. [/quote]

whats that :open_mouth: sorry my ignorance rofl!

Sorry apparently this violates the blizzard TOS for 3rd party software so I’m removing this and discontinuing it’s use.

I’m not sure what the problem is with my Macro, worked great pre patch but now it wont go off, HOWEVER, If I manually click Jab to build my Chi up, the macro goes off without fault as long as I keep my Chi up. Can anyone else try it and see if they can work in a way to get Jab working and maybe even Chi Brew?

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,!fists of fury
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,chi wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,!jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,!rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=8 Tiger Palm,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick, blackout kick,tiger palm,blackout kick, blackout kick,Tigereye Brew
/use [combat]Energizing Brew
/use !Rising Sun Kick
/startattack

I’m also using the outdated Macro Toolkit