how to add reset=target in gse?

everytime i add reset=target to a cast sequence it screws everything up. ie
/castsequence reset=target Chains of Ice, null
but this doesnt seem to work in gse.

does the null value work anymore ?

personally I’ve never had much success with the reset=target and have always had to use reset=combat

null does make it stop using that line. but heres full macro im just starting to work on and its hell…

#showtooltip
/castsequence Chains of Ice, null
/castsequence Chains of Ice, Howling Blast, Obliterate
/cast Death Strike
/cast Death Strike
/cast Remorseless Winter
/cast Pillar of Frost

the entire reason for the null line is because i need chains of ice to go off first and the second line down doesnt reset either so its totally random where it goes off from. another thing is ive noticed the gse will do a skill in the sequence line then a skill in the cast then a skill in sequence and so on when making macros so thats odd but it works out lol. but i need to actually reset on target so i can get that initial chains of ice on another player.

WORKING dont know why the double space between reset=target on each side but whatever

#showtooltip
/cast Death Strike
/cast Death Strike
/castsequence reset=target Chains of Ice, Howling Blast, Obliterate
/cast Death Strike
/cast Death Strike
/cast Remorseless Winter
/cast Pillar of Frost

trying to do something like reset=5/target though i cant get the timer to work if anyone can make timer work let me know.

reset=5 does kinda nothing … its like reset the castsequence if NO buttons are pressed after 5 seconds … even then I don’t know if it actually works

If you go to GSE’s options there is a reset key combination you can set to reset the sequence. This is a forced reset that you can trigger when you swap targets etc.

Everyone believes that reset=time means to reset AFTER X time has passed. It doesnt work like that. It only works if you DONT TOUCH THE ENTIRE MACRO for X time. If you spam the macro it resets the time count with each spam click.

reset=target will only work for castsequence lines if the castsequence is the only thing in the macro. the behaviour of castsequence is defined by Blizzard and they intend that its the only thing in a macro. GSE allows you to use this line but it does so in a way that is different to how Blizzard intends so its behaviour has quirks.

https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequencer-Enhanced/wiki/Understanding–castsequence

2 Likes