I am confused

Ok, for starters I am still new to this in a way. I have been using the addon GS-E version 1.5.2 by TimothyLuke from Curse. I have been doing fine on most my classes but when I randomly decided to look at Vengeance in game there are no macros or talent tips when I type /gs into the chat bar. I notice some macros here but I am unsure of what to do with them. I have done it in the past where I would do copy/paste and create a macro with a certain name but not sure if that still applies. I am interested in trying tanking with my DH. However I will admit that I have no clue how. Would like to practice but get real tired of all the different buttons and learning rotation. That is why I started using the macros in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

I just happened to look again and now there is a macro but still no talents tips. Says “Talents Unknown”. Not sure what to do.

Talents Unknown is mainly when the macro doesn’t require a specific talent. This would be in the ‘helpTxt’ section and if needed would look something like:

helpTxt = "Talents 2,3,2,2,2,3,1,",

There are 7 numbers which represent the 7 talents and the specific talent within that row. So if this was a Vengeance macro, my first talent would be ‘Agonizing Flames’, then ‘Burning Alive’, etc…

As for importing look for the macro’s that have been put into code boxes and read the posts before and after, if there is a issue importing someone usually says something. Just select all the text in the code block open gsse w/ command /gsse and paste the code into the block… then hit enter. Then look at your chat window as it will tell you the macro was added.

I hope this helps a little… I am new to all this as well, so happy to share what little I know about it :slight_smile:

Beef

if your personal macro log for that toon is to full it wont create the macro either

The included macros were written in the Beta of Legion. When it says Talents Unknown - its literally that. The author didnt say what talents to use.

Also the sample macros are not enabled by default so will not appear in a /gs. If you open /gsse and select a macro and “Enable” it you can then drag the icon to the action bar and use it.

[quote quote=37622]Talents Unknown is mainly when the macro doesn’t require a specific talent. This would be in the ‘helpTxt’ section and if needed would look something like:
helpTxt = “Talents 2,3,2,2,2,3,1,”,
There are 7 numbers which represent the 7 talents and the specific talent within that row. So if this was a Vengeance macro, my first talent would be ‘Agonizing Flames’, then ‘Burning Alive’, etc…
As for importing look for the macro’s that have been put into code boxes and read the posts before and after, if there is a issue importing someone usually says something. Just select all the text in the code block open gsse w/ command /gsse and paste the code into the block… then hit enter. Then look at your chat window as it will tell you the macro was added.
I hope this helps a little… I am new to all this as well, so happy to share what little I know about it ???
Beef
[/quote]

Thanks but I already knew that. LOL. I was just trying to say that there was nothing popping up when I typed /gs. It would say talents unknown. I have been using this addon for 4 other toons and they all have talent hints. I will try what Timothy said and try /gsse.