Intended Frenzied Regen Performance?

Hi all!

I have been testing out a few of these macros and think they are all pretty damn great. However, I’ve noticed several of them burn all charges of frenzied regen early, and then as soon as it comes off cd going forward.

Is this as intended or am I not doing something properly on my end? I know I can delete the frenzied regen line in whichever macro I choose to use, but rather that do that right away, I would probably be much better off with an overall better understanding regarding what the intended performance/behavior should be.

An example would be Taradons Tank 7.2.5.

If anyone is able to comment or guide me on this, it would be appreciated.

Delete the Line and Play Manual or Change it with
/cast [mod:alt] Rasende Regeneration
Press ALT wenn you need frenzied regen

[quote quote=52098]Hi all!
I have been testing out a few of these macros and think they are all pretty damn great. However, I’ve noticed several of them burn all charges of frenzied regen early, and then as soon as it comes off cd going forward.
Is this as intended or am I not doing something properly on my end? I know I can delete the frenzied regen line in whichever macro I choose to use, but rather that do that right away, I would probably be much better off with an overall better understanding regarding what the intended performance/behavior should be.
An example would be Taradons Tank 7.2.5.
If anyone is able to comment or guide me on this, it would be appreciated.
[/quote]

The ideal use of FR if you are playing without a macro is situational and there are addons/weakauras to help manage the optimal usage timing. Sadly inside of a macro there is no way to define that usage window within the framework that Blizzard allows. All we can do is tell it to fire at a predetermined position in the macro (This is generally true of all spells and highlights some of the limitations of all in one macros in the first place). Please understand that a Macro is never going to be able to outperform a person playing without a macro and making decisions based on real time decision trees. The more automated a macro becomes the further from optimal the performance is likely to become because we simply cannot react to things like Buff/Debuff, %health, 1 mob or multiple ect.

I feel like my macro does a pretty decent job of addressing the FR problem while still keeping it within the structure of a macro but that’s just my personal opinion and you are welcome to test and like/dislike for yourself. I attempt to space them out as much as I can so as to not just burn all stacks right away.

Outside of this the other advice given is your best bet. pull all reference to FR out of your favorite macro and handle its usage manually.

Edit: Let me clarify what I mean by “your never going to outplay someone not using a macro…” what I mean to say is that your not going to be on the top 10-20% of your class. There are people that can execute a rotation with insane precision and you simply cannot account for proc time ect. to put yourself into this top level performance with a macro. at the same time there are people that are terrible at executing their rotation (sometimes there are factors like Health, Connection ect. and sometimes they are just bad) you can dominate this type of person with a macro for sure. For me I wrote macros to help me personally overcome a health issue which limits my ability to maneuver through the intricacies of a rotation repeatedly. For others it can be that they simply get tired of weaving a rotation and just want to sit back and relax, whatever the case may be people generally do not pursue this avenue in hopes of doing more damage than they did before macros. If that is your hope then I am afraid that you will be disappointed more often than not (unless you are pretty bad at playing a class).

Thanks for the replies!

@Darkonius - Totally agree with what you wrote regarding the non-macro player vs the macro player. I also agree with FR being situational, which is the reason for me asking what I asked. For an ability as situational as FR is, I found it odd that the macro burns through all charges so early and quickly. That’s why I said maybe I was doing something wrong on my end with GSSE or something else. Just to be clear, when I say ‘intended behavior’ I was specifically asking how the macro’s design should be handling the use of FR, not how should FR be used in general by the end user.

@Franz Mak - I removed a few lines as suggested and it works. Thanks for that!

@Biorn

I can’t speak for other macros but the thought process that I used when I wrote mine was that since I cannot use FR the way it should be (wait for a spike in damage and then cast FR, since a macro cannot react to damage%) was that the next best thing would be to cast FR at the start and then refresh just prior to FR falling off and continue to do so until all stacks are used and then refresh on CD. So in terms of what you said, mine does not “blow all of the stacks” rather ist spaces them out as long as possible while maintaining FR which is the best a macro can handle FR in my opinion.