Is this bannable?

I just heard about this from someone saying they use it to solo old raids, are these macros bannable?

This is a mod that uses WOW’s published API.

Blizzard can break and change the API if they do not like the way a mod uses it. They did this with Decurse in 2.0. Decurse used to be a spammable button that whould choose who to decurse for you. This was needed when you had 40 people in a raid and had to clean everyone in about 30 seconds. Thankfully they didnt just break decurse but change the encounter mechanics that caused it.

You cannot get banned for using a mod that adheres to the limits of their API so no you cannot get banned for using GS-E as it adheres to the rules as specified by Blizzard and each action is tied to a keypress or mouse click. It doesnt autotarget any more than what you could put in a normal ingame macro.

You could however get banned for using something that automated the key presses.

You could however get banned for using something that automated the key presses.

Hmm… This is discouraging. I think I was lucky all this time.

I use GSE with Naga mouse, have talked to a few different gms about it just incase. All have said they are both allowable. Alltho using an autofire script from say Autohotkey is bannable.
which in turn makes no sense to me seeing as the naga mouse and keyboard are essentioal the same thing.

[quote quote=30066]I use GSE with Naga mouse, have talked to a few different gms about it just incase. All have said they are both allowable. Alltho using an autofire script from say Autohotkey is bannable. which in turn makes no sense to me seeing as the naga mouse and keyboard are essentioal the same thing.
[/quote]

Using a Logitech Keyboard with built in macros is essentially pressing the button. Its a catch 22 but will be impossible to prove as the key press happens though your hardware and not a software application. With the keyboard you have to turn it on and off if using the toggle.